F-22 Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 Raptor

Been hearing a lot of anecdotal evidence from people near the program that the F-22 is surpassing everyone's wildest dreams.

Recently 2 raptors engaged 8 F-22s in a mock ACM and killed the Eagles before the Eagles even knew they were being engaged.

The Raptors two F-119 engines are rated at 35k lbs thrust each, but in reality they exceed 40k lbs thrust each.

I have been told that the Raptors listed top speed of Mach 2.0 is "A flat lie", and that it's acceleration, manueverability, and AoA capability are so far beyond the Eagle that there is no point in comparison.

Apparently the APG-63(V)2 of the F-15C is totally unable to track a Raptor at typical AMRAAM engagement ranges.

The AMRAAM and AIM-9X both also gain about 20% MORE range because of the Raptors ability to launch from high supersonic speeds.

The code has finally been worked out enough for operational service as well.

Rumor now is that the USAF is trying to get out of the JSF deal to buy more Raptors...that's how bad they want them. They're that good. :)

Translation: No more sky trucks and the bellycrawlers better keep crawling instead of hoping to the birdbrains for a lift.

But wait, Air Arrogance have no need for bellycrawlers at all!!!!!!

Comment

We have our 'mighty' Strykers and Hercs...lol. ;)

Comment

Damn, I like those specs on the F-22. I wonder how many Israel is gonna get. And no offense, but I do think Israel would lie and steal the plans, just like with the Kfir. Something like that would be an amazing asset against the Arab countries, especially with their abundance of materiel, if nothing else.
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

All you need against Arabs is resolve and a sharp stick.

Of course israel will try to steal the plans, wonderful 'allies' that they are...

Comment

If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid...
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

lol i've seen the cockpit of an F-22 (on the net) it would take a diploma just to know where the engine start is lol
              two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

Originally posted by tomas
                lol i've seen the cockpit of an F-22 (on the net) it would take a diploma just to know where the engine start is lol
                If so, it's rather a big disadvantage. Effective weapon should be easy to use. ;)

Comment

Has anyone read Col. Riccioni's scathing report on the much vaunted F-22?A few points:cost 275 million per aircraft!!!giving a total force structure of around 175 units,totally inadequate and a far cry from the 800 the air force wanted.A 26% weight increase in gross weight led to a wing loading and thrust to weight ratio comparable to a F-15C,decreasing the fuel fraction from 36 to 28%.It seems that all the hype about the raptors capabilities are pure B.S.,just more propaganda from Lockheed etc...I,ve said enough,read it for yourselves.By the way I consider the Typhoon,Rafale,Su-30 and F-15K the choices for equipping a modern efficient air force.Don't even get me going about the F-35,another Lockheed pile ,sorry, cheap bomb truck,destined to go way over budget.

Comment

LOL, that's a lot of stupidity for one post. You should pace yourself better. :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                      LOL, that's a lot of stupidity for one post. You should pace yourself better. :)
                      LOL!

I just wish the Navy would wake up and buy some for their carriers instead of the superbug. Now THAT was a mistake, and not worthy of replacing the F-14 IMHO.;

Comment

Lockheed has got some serious jobs available in Texas. You must have security clearance, can take a little time. I spent 14 years in the military and hope I NEVER see another aircraft! Those damn coolant systems combine with the lack of storage for parts drove me insane!

Comment

The F-22 would need to be about totally redesigned to work on a carrier.

As the Lockmart engineer that posts at my site likes to say, "You can't get there from here".

Comment

lol :)

Comment

There's no doubt that the F-22 is the finest fighter in the world. However, due to its cost, is it the most practical to outfit an entire air force?
                              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                              X