Clear All

• F-16I pics

Israeli F-16I's

Manufacture:

Avionics

F-16I engine

Python 4 AAM
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

And t has one main difference pver Snipe's "beloved" Lawn Darts. Those bumps over the wing on both sides of the plane are extra gas tanks. F-16I's have MUCH more legs than normal F-16's
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Damn Sam! What a beauty :wub
      Where can we find out about her measurements...I mean stats....I mean, you know what I mean:doh!
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Well, you can try the IAF website if you or your computer read Hebrew. Or just try Janes, FAS, etc...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Nice looking bird. I took a visit to the IAF official website, thank god it has an english option :D . Looks like they got some pretty interesting ideas and weapon systems floating about.

Comment

Are the things sticking out the sides fuel tanks?

Comment

CFTs. I think Block 50s have them too. Actually, are -16Is Block 50s?

Comment

I might be wrong about this, but these are now F-16Us right?

Don't CFT's kill aerodynamics and also provide a nice juicy explosive target?

Comment

I think its -15s, but it might be -16s that I heard this about; apparently CFTs actually improve aerodynamics for some predictably strange reason. Improves airflow over wing root or something. Looking at those things, I dont really believe it. They look horrible.

Comment

well they also increase F-16's range. So now they can go deeper into enemy territory and attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Unipidity
                      I think its -15s, but it might be -16s that I heard this about; apparently CFTs actually improve aerodynamics for some predictably strange reason. Improves airflow over wing root or something. Looking at those things, I dont really believe it. They look horrible.
                      The CFT's on the F-15's increases pitch response.

Comment

Thats the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          I might be wrong about this, but these are now F-16Us right?
                          No, that was a nick given to the , UAE's F-16.60's. The F-16I is a Block 52.
                          Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          Don't CFT's kill aerodynamics and also provide a nice juicy explosive target?
                          No, but they do add weight. As far as a juicy target, well the wings are full of fuel anyway, and if you catch a missile, it's not a good day no matter how the AC is fitted out. The CFT's increase the range, which was one of the main requirements for the Israelis- they wanted a plane that had an equivalent range to their F-15I's.
                          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
                            No, that was a nick given to the , UAE's F-16.60's. The F-16I is a Block 52.
                            No, but they do add weight. As far as a juicy target, well the wings are full of fuel anyway, and if you catch a missile, it's not a good day no matter how the AC is fitted out. The CFT's increase the range, which was one of the main requirements for the Israelis- they wanted a plane that had an equivalent range to their F-15I's.

Is there anybody loving mig 29?

Comment

F-16I's have longer legs compared to 'normal' F-16's? lol Block 60's have CFT's also, and they're normal F-16's. ;) American F-16's don't have CFT's, since we have such a huge refueling capability, so it's not really needed.

"Is there anybody loving mig 29?"

I don't know, but I'd personally rather have an F-16, with the possibility of upgrading it to Block 60. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X