No announcement yet.

Eurofighter vs Su-30MKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe you missunderstood something. Su-47 aka S-37 IS made. It is a pure technology demonstrator. However, the future fith generation Russian airpplane would be based on it.
    That future airplane is not going to made due to the lack of funds. If it does it would be in EXTREMELY small numbers.

Comment

• just want to add my opinion on Eurofighter. The bird is not that much superior to claim the place among 5th generation fighters. So far only Raptor can claim this title.

I would not have much doubt that with proper pilots SU-30MKI will not leave a chance to Eurofighter. But it would not be a proper comparison. Eurofighter is much lighter and a short range, hence it should be compared agains Mig-29 class..... well Mig-29 if properly modernised might be a rival to Eurofighter. In its current stage ofcause not.

Comment

• How would you class an F-15I, F-15K, F-16I?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigross86
          How would you class an F-15I, F-15K, F-16I?
          I have little knowledge of them except for that K stands for South Korea and I for Israel. Even this I got from a quick internet search.

F-15I.
          The payload and range was increased dramatically to make it more an attack weapon, may be because Israel is quite confident in air superiority anyway and needs more of attack abilities. 4,450km range is quite impresive in combination with 11tons of payload.
          In general I think that it is good that F-15E derivatives are two seater jets - I believe that despite user friendly avionics the modern capabilities require pilot to focus one of the functions. Not much info about avionics and radar ability, may be not on the site I searched. If it is the same as base F-15E than it needs upgrade, same for thurst vectoring - in just a few years it won't be a luxury but survival tool.

If the same class pilots are assumed I don't know who would have advantage F-15I or Su-30MKK (with a only a vertical thrust verctoring and old radar). Su-MKI/MKM still have advantage due to its more recent configuration paid by Indians.

I did not get much info about F-15K but that its range is closer to F-15E base version.

In geneI still don't understand why americans did not upgrade F-15 with a thrust verctoring engines and a newer phased array radar.... it would made much more sence and less money than investing into a new Raptor's frame, which will not persist the next generation of onboard multiband radars.... What ever was written the F-15 did not reach the limit of upgrade and could make a good 4+ generation bird, just like it was done with Flanker.

Comment

• Garry, do a google search on the F-15 ACTIV program.

The F-15Cs at elmendorf AFB in Alaska have AESA radar.

Comment

• The F-15K is an improved F-15E but with AESA radar, more powerful engines, and a lighter basic airframe. It has a primary A2A role.

Comment

• Think of it this way, for 1 EuroFighter you can have 2-3 Su-30MKI! Who here is cheap?

Comment

• The SU-30MkI is a mature version of an older airplane, the EF is a brand new design with vast room for growth.

That makes the EF worth the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUFFB52
                    Nice pic, you sure keep your Hind's in better shape then the Russians :p

I was watching 'Red Flag', on the History Channel and stated Hinds have actually succesfully engaged F-15s, and F-16s.
                    I can well believe that.

A helicopter can be running away one moment and facing you with its gun lined up the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by M21Sniper
                      Garry, do a google search on the F-15 ACTIV program.

The F-15Cs at elmendorf AFB in Alaska have AESA radar.
                      Why ACTIV was never used for upgrades of F-15?

Comment

• MMKI too has a lot of room for growth.

MKI too has a lot of room for growth. In case u didnt know the whole MKI program is designed to have batch level upgrades i.e. each batch shall have improvements above the other.Like in 2006-7 they wish to integrate AESA with it.The russians and indians both are working on AESA saperately.Adn also we can go for replacing the whole wings with the Composites (indians have already built LCA with all composite wings) that shall mean high TWR and low weight and maybe lesser RCS(though i m not sure abt the RCS).Again it shall be integrated with Brahmos for AtoG and also the next generation Indian Israeli Russian and possibly even the French missilessince the software is indian. And after all how much do we need to keep the MKI by 2010-12 we will have PAK-FA .And also it shall be used with Phalcon(to be inducted in 2005.)
                        Furthermore MKI outperforms everyting at the place where it needs to be used i.e. in asia against PAK,China,The american Carrier Battle groups etc. Furthermore we can buy at least 2-3 MKIs for the price of one EF. So even if Kill ratio for EF vs MKi is 1-2 MKI is still not a bad deal ;)..
                        regards
                        Ajay

Comment

• Eurofighter is no match for the Su-30 MKI, it is far outclassed and won't survive the Sukhoi fighter plane.
                          It would be like a fat lopsided, axe wielding Viking trying to fight an AK-47 armed Stasi officer Hahahahahahahahaha LOL!!!!!
                          ;) ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by troung
                            Ok........

The EF-2000 right now has the AIM-120B/C-5 (AMRAAM) which is a far better and more combat proven missile then the R-77 (AA-12). The AIM-120 outranges the R-77 despite what Russian propagda might state. And the fact is Russian BVR missiles have been flops through out thier history. Up close the EF-2000 has the AIM-132 (ASRAAM) or the IRIS-T both of which are much better missiles then the R-73E (AA-11). So the EF-2000 currently has much better weapons to do the fight with.
                            1. Can u please give me source for ths arguments esp wrt the versions of R77 adn R73 india has.i dont think india uses the standard R77 version but the much improved one.
                            2. I think we will even need to discuss up the conscequences of the large payload capacilty of MKI wrt EF2000 as that can reduce the weapons edge.
                            The EF-2000 is also getting the Metoer which will compeletly crush out the R-77 (AA-12) in terms of range and guidance.
                            I hope indians do get the meteor too from the french ..Can they ???.
                            For the radars the ERC-90 is probaly a better bet to have then the N-011M and soon the EF-2000 will have an AESA radar (CAPTOR) which would make the N-011M look like a joke.
                            1. why do u think what MKi will not get aa AESA in 2-3 years ??

2. Just to remind u the fact ... American F15C's with AESA detected MK's(not its not the MKI's ) at the same time as SU30-MK's detected F15C.Clearly that can tell u that MKI's radar cannot even then be ruled out as a joke.Please refer to SU-30 MKi vs F15C where there has already been a heated discussion about MKI adn F15C and Cope india .

Why dont we discuss A2A and A2G saperately to compare the fighters better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry
                              I have little knowledge of them except for that K stands for South Korea and I for Israel. Even this I got from a quick internet search.

F-15I.
                              The payload and range was increased dramatically to make it more an attack weapon, may be because Israel is quite confident in air superiority anyway and needs more of attack abilities. 4,450km range is quite impresive in combination with 11tons of payload.
                              In general I think that it is good that F-15E derivatives are two seater jets - I believe that despite user friendly avionics the modern capabilities require pilot to focus one of the functions. Not much info about avionics and radar ability, may be not on the site I searched. If it is the same as base F-15E than it needs upgrade, same for thurst vectoring - in just a few years it won't be a luxury but survival tool.

If the same class pilots are assumed I don't know who would have advantage F-15I or Su-30MKK (with a only a vertical thrust verctoring and old radar). Su-MKI/MKM still have advantage due to its more recent configuration paid by Indians.

I did not get much info about F-15K but that its range is closer to F-15E base version.

In geneI still don't understand why americans did not upgrade F-15 with a thrust verctoring engines and a newer phased array radar.... it would made much more sence and less money than investing into a new Raptor's frame, which will not persist the next generation of onboard multiband radars.... What ever was written the F-15 did not reach the limit of upgrade and could make a good 4+ generation bird, just like it was done with Flanker.
                              Boeing (McDonnell Douglas) has repeatedly proposed advanced variants of the F-15 to USAF, and they don't even want to hear about it. They want absolutely nothing to do with F-15 upgrades or anything else that challenges the viability of the F/A-22.

Comment

• Originally posted by M21Sniper
                                The F-15K is an improved F-15E but with AESA radar, more powerful engines, and a lighter basic airframe. It has a primary A2A role.

The F-15E and F-15K have the same airframe and very similar avionics suite.

Comment

Working...
                                X