No announcement yet.

Eurofighter vs Su-30MKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And which two wars would that be? Iran-Iraqi conflict? No kills were reported using the Aim-54. Well, they WERE reported, but there was no proof. Anyway, it's an interesting question which deserves a separate topic."

I suggest you read Tom Cooper's excellent book on the F-14 in the Iran-Iraq war.

Your assesment is EXTREMELY mistaken friend.

Comment

• "PLEASE...anyone with a VERY good data on AIM-9x wouldn't be posting about that on a forum"

Believe what you want. Those here that know me know that i have excellent contacts in DoD. I didn't post any exact ranges or kinematic performance....just made a general statement.

If you don't believe me i don't care.

Comment

• "WWI we lost because of stupid Bolsheviks."

No, you pretty much sued for peace BEFORE the Bolsheviks siezed power. You also did not do too well against the US, French, Czech, Japanese, and UK troops that occupied Russian soil until 1920.

" WWII we won, thank you very much."

At the cost of 20+ million dead. Wow....impressive.

"Oh, I forgot, USSR didn't win nothing, it was you guys with D-day."

Team effort.

" Allied help was substantial, that is true, but tanks and airplanes were...umm..yaky. Now, trucks and strategic resources were helpful indeed."

Ummm, tell me about the Pacific theater, and who won the war there practicly unassisted?

Comment

• ">3.5:1, still not too bad.

Where did you get that data? Russian sources say it was about 2:1 in favor of Migs, US sources i got say it was more like 2:1 in favor of phantoms. And since Mig-21 is three times cheaper then phanotm, and operated with total US air superiority, it's not bad at all."

What can i say, but........... :LOL

Comment

• BTW, we do not exist to correct your ignorance.

DO SOME RESEARCH, and you won't need our links.

All the things that were claimed about the kill ratios in Korea and Vietnam are widely documented on the net.

Comment

• "Well, You can't call Iraq-2003 a war. The only resistance that US encountered was from various disorgonized groups. Apparently, the generals were all bought out even before the war started. I am also afraid that eventually US might pull all the troops out of there. Ready for the Primaries? =)
              Soviet invasion to Afganistan suffered about the same casualties the first year."

Read the thunder run article in the land warfare forum.

You could not be more wrong.

Just another ignorant Russian....such a shame.

Comment

• Anyway, back to the topic. Su-30 MK vs EF-2000.
                First, it's not fair to copmare planes of 4+ and fith generation. Then, what is the situation? One Su-30 MKI in the clear sky vs one EF-2000? That doesn't happen in a real war, but aight. What distance? Visibility? With what armarent?

Well, ok
                Su-30MK/EF2000
                Airdynamics
                excellent/crapy =) (imho)
                Max speed (km/h)
                2125/2125
                range
                3000/3700
                Armarent:
                30-mm GSH-301 (150)/27-mm Mauser BK27 (150)
                8000kg on 12 pylons/6500kg on 13 pylons
                Takeoff weigh(max, kg)
                34500/21000
                Stealth:
                Nop/Nop
                Celling:
                17300/?
                Blahblah/blahblah
                As for the radar system, I wouldn't be so sure that European one is better then the Russian one.
                (little trivia: who first used the phased array radar system on the airplane? And what airplane was that? :-)

So does that tell you ANYTHING who's better? No. Airplanes are part of a system, and to my deepest conern, the Russian VVS is not so well-off as it used to be.

But still, I like the Su-30MK better :-)

Comment

• I like the SU-30MkI better than the EF-2000 too.

See, yer not that alone here. ;)

Comment

• The only thing better then the EF2000 is the F/A-22. The Su-30MKI is a 4th Generation Fighters. The EF2000 is a 5th Generation as you pointed out.

Once the EF2000 gets the Meteor comparing it wit hthe Su-30MKI is gonna be rediculus.

Comment

• M21Sniper
                      Hmm...can you write everything in one big post? It's more convinient.

"I suggest you read Tom Cooper's excellent book on the F-14 in the Iran-Iraq war."

I read it. No CONFERMED kills were made with AIM-54

"Believe what you want. Those here that know me know that i have excellent contacts in DoD. I didn't post any exact ranges or kinematic performance....just made a general statement."

Ok. I don't believe you, but ok.

"No, you pretty much sued for peace BEFORE the Bolsheviks siezed power. You also did not do too well against the US, French, Czech, Japanese, and UK troops that occupied Russian soil until 1920."

Again, i don't aggree. What about Brusilov Offensive in 1916? The Tzarizm was extremely unpopular among people, that is all. As for the "US, French, Czech, Japanese, and UK troops that occupied Russian soil until 1920" - remind me, why did they leave?

"At the cost of 20+ million dead. Wow....impressive."

Well, you DO know that 20 millions is mostly the CIVILIAN casualties figure...right? As for the military losses, they were:

USSR:
                      6277737-killed, died of wounds
                      4454709-MIA, POW's
                      18319723-wounded

Germany:
                      4273000-killed, died of wounds
                      4376300-POW's, MIA
                      5240000-wounded

I also would like to note that Germany did not keep track of their losses in the last three months of war. But in his April adress to the nation, Hitler said that "Germany lost 12.5 million people, half of them killed, half of them MIA or captured"

So what's wrong with WWII? We fought an equal enemy, the high total casualty figure is due to german's attrocities.
                      7,4 million-killed by occupants
                      2,2 million-died in Germany, due to forced labor
                      4,1 million-died of hunger in the occupation zones

"Ummm, tell me about the Pacific theater, and who won the war there practicly unassisted?"

Did I ever said anything about Japan? But I hope, you are not going to say that Japan was an equal to the Germany.

"BTW, we do not exist to correct your ignorance."

Vica-versa

All the things that were claimed about the kill ratios in Korea and Vietnam are widely documented on the net

Ok. Should I give the link from some .ru domain? Why and why not.

"Read the thunder run article in the land warfare forum.

You could not be more wrong.

Just another ignorant Russian....such a shame."

Hmm...I started reading it. got bored. Yes, thousand troops that taking over the Baghdad. Impressive. Oops, no serious resistance was encounter. Just a little note. I mean, if there WAS serious resistance, I don't think those heroes would survive.
                      Last edited by russo; 13 Dec 03,, 23:36.

Comment

• "The EF2000 is a 5th Generation as you pointed out."

Little note: even thought i said so, and Europeans position it to be the fith generation fighter, it's not stealthy =)

As for Su-30 MK, it's rather a so-called 4+ generation.

Oh, and i like S-37 (aka Su-47) as well...it looks wicked =)

Comment

• The Su-47 is not going to be made at all.

Comment

• Wow, you offer so very little as a member.

Seems to be pretty typical for you russians...

Comment

• "The Su-47 is not going to be made at all."

I believe you missunderstood something. Su-47 aka S-37 IS made. It is a pure technology demonstrator. However, the future fith generation Russian airpplane would be based on it.

"Wow, you offer so very little as a member.

Seems to be pretty typical for you russians..."

Aww, *tear*

Comment

• right back at you with a blah, blah, blah comrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X