X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the AA-12.

Comment

"They all have ranges of 10-18 miles depending on altitude."

Actually, in SOME flight profiles(head on close, diving flight profile), AIM-9X has a range of 25 miles or so(according to the unofficial gossip this l'il ex grunt has collected).

BTW, launched at Mach 1.5 from the Raptor(typical max supercruise speed), the AIM-9X and AIM-120 BOTH have roughly 30% greater range than 'normal' due to the higher initial velocity of the AAM- much less fuel is expended in acceleration, and is instead burned for sustain.

This is also the reason why AAM derived SAMs have much shorter range than their air launched cousins.

The F-14, 15, 16, and 18 must be subsonic to launch a missile. The Raptor is the first US(and i think ROW too) fighter capable of supersonic missile release.

Just another of the HUGE advantadges the Raptor will hold over all comers.

As far as the AIM-9X/Python argument, the AIM-9X is reputed to have a 90g manuevering threshold, is +/- 90 degree HOBS capable, and has an UNMATCHED 3rd generation IIR seeker.
      AIM-9X does not chase the heat of it's target, it chases a high resolution 3D image of it's target. That means IR flares are utterly worthless against AIM-9X.

According to the pilots that have been involved in testing, AIM-9X has no rival in the world.

Comment

I think a test with USAF planes using the AIM-9X and IAF pilots using the Python V would be interesting...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Yes, it would.

We'll be going up against the indians soon, they have Python IV methix(for their SU-30MkI).

Comment

I dunno if India has Python III or IV. Rafael developed the Python IV approx. a year ago
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

It's one or the other, but i THINK it's the IV.

Comment

I'd go to Pakdefense and ask, but I'm afraid I'd get banned. Been stirring some trouble over there lately... :D

Comment

LOL

Comment

Not too much, mind you, but it seems that it's not only the Mullah's that are after me... I probably shouldn't have mentioned that I'm Israeli and Jewish...

Comment

No, probably not. ;)

Comment

Its the Python IV I believe.

And bigross, you're welcome to come and ask, but if you make any trouble besides badmouthing the Mullahs, like say stuff against my country, I'll be the first to shoot you down. ;-)

-3BSD
                        He who praises you for what you lack wishes to take from you what you have.
                        - Don Juan Manuel

Comment

BR is a good guy 3B, but is prone to fits of boyish silliness.

DO not take his comments to heart, for he is deep inside a comedian at heart. ;)

Thanx for the info on the missile, i thought it was the P IV.

Comment

We, the godless Russian Heathens, bow before the might of our American conquerers...
                            !

Comment

Does anyone remember that little "I'm Gay" virus we were talking about a while back? Can someone please send it to me so I can give it to our friend over here? Mods, I shot you guys some PM's.

Comment

-bump-
                                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                                X