No announcement yet.

Eurofighter vs Su-30MKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he just posts stuff so he can look at the Smileys...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Well, one thing's for sure, the Russians have made some pretty awesome target dummies...

When Russian equipment isn't seen burning in copious amounts in the face of western techonology and training, then I'll start to believe it's not junk...
      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Don't hold your breath...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

"Yeah, but the F-15I has advanced avionics and electronics, plus the ability to carry Israeli missiles like the Python V, with 90 degrees off boresight. Plus the F-15I and F-16I use the helmet mounted system for target designation and attack as well as HOTAS."

And the F-15K has the US helmet sight, APG-63(V)3 AESA radar, and the 180 degree HOBS AIM-9X.
          And the latest 31,000lb thrust GE engines....

The F-15K is king of the Eagles.

Comment

The main difference between the Python V and the AIM-9X is the way the two missiles maneuver. The AIM-9X uses thrust vectoring, so when the motor burns out, it can't make any sharp or radical turns. The fins on the Python V allow it to make sharp and radical turns even long after the motor has burned out. The Python V also has more range, because it doesn't need the heat signal to lock on and fire. It can be fired and find the heat signal in mid flight. As for the helmet sight, I'm almost positive it was made in cunjuction with Elbit technologies, an Israeli defense contractor.

Comment

AIM-9X still has fins. I believe you are confusing it with ASRAAM, which has very small fins.

Raytheon makes the US helmet sight...it is based on the unit from the Apache.

Comment

AIM-9X:

ASRAAM:

Python 4:

Comment

Yup, looks like it has fins to me. ;)

Thanx Praxus.

Comment

What is the engaging range of those rockets?

Comment

I never said it didn't have fins, but the AIM-9X relies more on thrust vectoring, and the Python V's unique fin layout allow it to make more radical turns even after the motor is burned out.

Rafael Python V

RAFAEL Introduces Python 5
                      Full Sphere IR Missile

Haifa, June 12, 2003. RAFAEL introduces Python 5, the latest member of the Python Air-to-Air Missile Family. The new, fifth generation air-to-air missile provides the pilot engaging an enemy aircraft with a full sphere launch capability. The missile can be launched from very short to beyond-visual ranges with greater kill probability, excellent resistance to countermeasures, irrespective of evasive target manoeuvres or deployment of countermeasures.

Python 5 combines advanced new technologies with operationally proven Python 4 components. The missile incorporates a new dual waveband imaging seeker, advanced computer architecture, Inertial Navigation System (INS), sophisticated Infra-Red Counter-Counter-Measures (IRCCM) and sophisticated flight control algorithms. Python 5 maintains Python 4ís unique aerodynamic airframe, INS, powerful rocket motor, warhead and proximity fuze.

Python 5 provides revolutionary full sphere competence, achieved by a combination of Lock-On-After-Launch (LOAL) and excellent acquisition and tracking capabilities. Its dual waveband Focal Plane Array (FPA) seeker and sophisticated algorithms enable acquisition of even small, low signature targets in Look-Down, adverse background and cloudy environments.

Developmental and operational testing have already been carried out including extensive captive-carry evaluation tests and free-flight homing tests.

The Python 5 IR Air-to-Air missile compliments the Derby medium range Air-to-Air missile. Together they offer superior war fighting capability to ensure air superiority for pilots in the 21st century.

High rez photo here: http://www.rafael.co.il/web/rafnew/images/python-52.jpg

Comment

What is the engaging range of those rockets?
                        They all have ranges of 10-18 miles depending on altitude.

Comment

I wonder what the status of the Python deal with India is??

Comment

I don't know that Israel is selling them to India...

Comment

I don't know that Israel is selling them to India...
                              There was some talk about it a few months back. Don't know what happened after that.

Comment

I wish to sell my Olga for a pack of Amerikanski Marlboro's.

Is anyone interested? Olga makes excellent Borscht...

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X