No announcement yet.

Eurofighter vs Su-30MKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching 'Red Flag', on the History Channel and stated Hinds have actually succesfully engaged F-15s, and F-16s.
    Yep, I was watching it on History Channel too yesterday at 8 pm. Awesome programme! 8)

Oh and BTW, the USAF happens to be the single largest operator of the Mi-25 Hind!!! :LOL

One could hardly imagine that just a decade ago!

Comment

Paskistan not very smart.....

If they want to take on India. Right now the Pakistani's would get waxed rather quickly in the Air, at Sea and soon thereafter, on the Ground. The IAF pilots get more flight training time than the Israeli pilots. I'm not sure if they get more than the US but I know they are within a few hours a year. I'll have to see if I can find the article again.... I will include a good spot to look for aircraft info.... I can't remember the link I lost to a really good fighter website. If I could remember the name of the site I would be able to save it as a favorite again......

http://www.acig.org/
      Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
      (Been There)

Comment

OMG captain u gotta come to the other fourm...JK :)
        can you remember how many hours ?? was it around 230??
        i think thats one more reason for MiG crashes...too old and used too often.
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

I think the Israelis had around 225 hours per year. I think the Indian Airforce was 243 hours per year and the US airforce was like 250-260 hours per year.

Hey Sniper, what's a good "fighter" pilot website? You turned me on to one about a year ago and I lost it during a hard drive crash. That's what I get for not copying my favorites when doing a backup...

:H
          Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
          (Been There)

Comment

There really isnt a future for the Pakistani Air Force, except Chinese fighters which are outdated and far behind US/European/Russian aircraft.

I believe the PAF is going to aquire FC-1s, J-7FG still not comparable for anything the IAF has.

The IN is already far ahead of the PN, and the ground force for the Indians is a lot better.

Comment

I believe the PAF is going to aquire FC-1s, J-7FG still not comparable for anything the IAF has.
              At best they can hope to acquire the J-10. This is highly improbable because even the PLAAF has inducted very low numbers of this aircraft and it hasn't proved itself in any theater of combat like most Chinese planes.

Comment

My two cents

I donno if proven airframes of SU-30 can be used as an advantage. In AeroIndia show, after SU-30 MKI completed its stuff a senior Royal Air Force dignitary on the tarmac with much experience of NATO aircraft commented with a depressed look-"I wish my Tornado could do even half the moves your new acquisition can. The only thing the Tornado can do which the Sukhoi can is take off. Nothing more in common". He estimated that the Su-30 MKI can outperform the F-16C block 60, F-16C Block 50 and F-18E/F by about 15, 20 and 12 percent respectively in long-range aircraft.
                Range- The Su-30 MKI wins hands down here.
                Endurance- Su-30MKI again .
                Radar - EuroFighter i assume. Is it ready?
                EW- towed decoys and DASS for EF, a new Israeli electro-optical targeting system and a Indian RWR.
                Weapons - both can carry plathora of weapons, the Eurofighter may get the BVR edge when meteor comes.
                Versatility- EuroFifgter is mostly air superiority while Su-30 MKI can do both air superiority and interdiction.
                Pilot friendly- EF looks user friendly and MKI has 2 pilots (plus a user friendly cockpit)
                FIDSNS

Comment

Brute, regarding the MKI, can it carry French LGBs? I have yet to see an MKI fitted with guided munitions. All I've seen is a few dumb bombs fitted on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rahul0072002
                    Brute, regarding the MKI, can it carry French LGBs? I have yet to see an MKI fitted with guided munitions. All I've seen is a few dumb bombs fitted on it.
                    MKI can Carry KAB-500KR, KAB-500OD = 6 pcs
                    KAB-1500KR, KAB-1500L =3 pcs.

Since the controlling software is Indian, (may be ) it can be modified to carry LGB's from any other source. It might need some minor chances at hardpoint.
                    FIDSNS

Comment

Wasn't the U.S. supposed to do a training exercise with the Indian Airforce? F-16's Vs. Su-30MKI's? This was to provide the Indian AF with experience against F-16's and to provide the U.S. with experience against the Su-30 series aircraft. Did that exercise ever take place??? If so, how did it turn out for both sides??
                      (Been There)

Comment

Wasn't the U.S. supposed to do a training exercise with the Indian Airforce? F-16's Vs. Su-30MKI's? This was to provide the Indian AF with experience against F-16's and to provide the U.S. with experience against the Su-30 series aircraft. Did that exercise ever take place??? If so, how did it turn out for both sides??
                        Actually, the excercise you are talking never took place. Even if it did, I think it would have been between the F-15 and the Su-30MKI. But I'am skeptical about the IAF exposing their best aircraft to another airforce. I do forsee an exercise in the near future, but it may involve airplanes with a much lower profile (maybe the Mig-29 and the Mirage-2000)

Comment

Negative

AFIK what US is trying to equateis MKI = F-15I and F22= Indo-Russian 5ht gen aircraft.

How India sees it is SU-30K + F-15I and MKI=F-22.

I doubt MkI will excercise with 15I.
                          FIDSNS

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the F-16 and not the F-15. The US doesn't want to compromise it's best bird either..... Also, the Indian's would want to fly against potential enemy aircraft and the only planes they might face that they don't already own are the F-16 and the F-18. War with the US or Israel is highly unlikely. Facing off with Pakistan (F-16) or possibly another Muslim nation like Indonesia or Malaysia (F-16, F-18 ) due to problems with freedom of shipping. Just in case one of those nations tries to cause problems with shipping through the straights of Malacca.... I think the US would step in first if it was "ALL" shipping that was being harrassed. If it was Indian shipping that was being seized or harrassed because they were at war with Pakistan (Muslim nation) then the Indian Navy could be expected to be sent to the region..... Good old power projection.......
                            (Been There)

Comment

I am pretty sure it's the F-15C. Rahul, I believe it's going to take place in early 2004. I am pretty sure I remember reading an article that Su-30MKIs will face off with F-15Cs, for the US this most likely will be a spankin' to justify more F/A-22s!

Comment

"Hey Sniper, what's a good "fighter" pilot website?"

http://www.f-16.net/

Land of the lawndart.

If you are interested in a site dedicated to a real combat aircraft- not some pointy nosed toy, go here... ;)

www.a-10.org

Comment

Working...
                                X