Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurofighter vs Su-30MKI

In terms of WVR, which is better?

Despite the Eurofighter not having TVC, I tend to think the EFA is better do to its small size, and fast turn rates, and fast roll rates? Most likely the EFA would get a shot off first do to it's smaller RCS compared to the Su-30MKI.

EF-2000

Ill explain why tomorrow.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Ok........

The EF-2000 right now has the AIM-120B/C-5 (AMRAAM) which is a far better and more combat proven missile then the R-77 (AA-12). The AIM-120 outranges the R-77 despite what Russian propagda might state. And the fact is Russian BVR missiles have been flops through out thier history. Up close the EF-2000 has the AIM-132 (ASRAAM) or the IRIS-T both of which are much better missiles then the R-73E (AA-11). So the EF-2000 currently has much better weapons to do the fight with. The EF-2000 is also getting the Metoer which will compeletly crush out the R-77 (AA-12) in terms of range and guidance. For the radars the ERC-90 is probaly a better bet to have then the N-011M and soon the EF-2000 will have an AESA radar (CAPTOR) which would make the N-011M look like a joke.
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

The AESA radar to be fitted on the EFA is European built or American built? I would also tend to believe that the FLIR on the EFA would beable to spot an MKI from many miles away.

Do you think in terms of performance the EFA could take a Su-30MKI? I think the EFA has better turn rates, and roll rates since it is an unstable delta canard layout with an active FBW.

Comment

The SU-30MkI easily has better turn and roll rates.

If the EF dominates, it will be because of the pilot, weapons, and avionics.

Comment

The EF-2000s AESA radar will come from the EU and be known as the CAPTOR.

It would easily outgun the Su-30MKI.

Comment

The biggest problem for the Su-30MKI is it's big RCS.

I think the French already or planning to add an active phassed array radar on the Rafale.

Comment

The EF-2000s AESA radar will come from the EU and be known as the CAPTOR.
                Troung what is the detection range for this radar?

Comment

Handling Wise.....

Sniper is quite correct. The Su30MKI will outhandle anything short of an F-22A and even that awaits to be seen. However as also stated by many members, the advanced electronics and weapons of the Western Nations will easily overcome that advantage.

If the Indian Airforces wish to do combat with a first rate, world class airforce, they will dump the Russian electronics and go with Western equipment. I think they have aleady done this to a degree. I didn't even mention the Russian Su30 variations because they will never be smart enough to buy western equipment (if it is ever offered to them).... It's a pride thing. :-(
                  Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
                  (Been There)

Comment

I think they have aleady done this to a degree.
                    Actually the IAF has done a lot of things to the MKI with respect to customizing its avionics. They include a combo of French, Israeli, and homemade items. [/code]

Comment

Yeah as Rahul said, the MKI does feature French(grr), and Israeli components. Israeli's have made some of the best avionic packages.

Comment

I think it can use the Python IV AAM too, can't it?

Comment

I think it can use the Python IV AAM too, can't it?
                          Yes it most probably can. Even if it can't it can be modified so that it will accomodate it just like the Mirage-2000 was modified to use the Adder.

Israeli's have made some of the best avionic packages.
                          BUFFB52

The Hind has been upgraded with sophisticated Israeli night vision devices, FLIRs. Here is a pic of an upgraded IAF Hind:

Comment

Here is a good article giving an insight into the Indian contribution to the MKI avionics. A must read:

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Info/Vetrivale.html

Comment

Nice pic, you sure keep your Hind's in better shape then the Russians :p

I was watching 'Red Flag', on the History Channel and stated Hinds have actually succesfully engaged F-15s, and F-16s.

Comment

Working...
                              X