F-14D vs F-35C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickusn
    Three at Langley VA, 2 at Holloman NM, 1 at Hickham Hawaii and one at Elmendorf Alaska.

The two at Holloman replacing the two F-117 squadrons that are to be retired.
    Wow, if that be the case then I might be able to see a Raptor up close, as I've seen many Nighthawks over the years that take off from Holloman, which is less than 2 hours from my house.

As far as the F-14 vs F-35 goes, the F-14 could probably be easily modified to take the AMRAAM considering the ability for its avionics to be upgraded with high-tech equipment such as LANTIRN, and the F-14 has an advantage in the number of weapons it can carry compared to the F-35 if it is to remain stealthy.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

More on the Raptor:

About five aircraft are now being delivered every two months.

The 27th fighter squadron now has its full 24 plane complement and the 94th will have 24 sometime this fall.

The goal now is to evetually have seven 18 plane squadrons.

For 126 combat-coded aircraft. The other 57 are to be used for training, in depot level maintenance, attrition reserve, major modifications & modernizations, test & evaluation and research & development among other uses.

Three at Langley VA, 2 at Holloman NM, 1 at Hickham Hawaii and one at Elmendorf Alaska.

The two at Holloman replacing the two F-117 squadrons that are to be retired.

Of course the USAF is still lobbying for more F-22s and all US military plans are subject to change w/o notice.
      F-22As are replacing F-117s? Why would they replace regional bombers with air superiority fighters? The F-22 can't carry 2000lb bombs inside as far I know. It would be more correct if they kept the Nighthawks until 2011 until they get replaced by F-35As.

Comment

"F-22As are replacing F-117s? Why would they replace regional bombers with air superiority fighters?"

Dunno exactly. But from all reports the F-22A can do anything and everything. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
          Actually the Super Hornet with the upgrades (which includes more powerful engines in the future which might convert into Mach 2+ speeds) will be as good if not better than the F-14 if it is equipped with a long-range variant of the AMRAAM that the US military is supposedly testing (not sure). Its combination of JHMC/AIM-9X, AIM-79 AESA, more powerful engines, and a long-range variant of the AMRAAM should do a lot into making it true successor to the F-14 Tomcat (though it will likely never outperform the F-14 in pure performance).
          Kid, theres no way your Mach 1+ Hornet's ever gonna even touch Mach 1.85, forget Mach 2. It doesn't have the required wing sweep nor aerodynamic frame to go up against any Mach 2 class fighter. In all its history its only downed Iraqi Mig-21s, got shot down by a Mig-25PD and probably ran to safety from enemy Mirages and Mig-29s. The only thing good about an F/A-18EF is its radar, even the AIM-120D is being superceeded by Russian AAMs. It's not like an F-18 could even dare to challenge a Mig-23I upgrade with R-77 AA-12 Adders, supported by ground radars and AWACS would just shoot it down Foxbat-style, a belief I'm sure IAF and Russian pilots would agree with 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
            Kid, theres no way your Mach 1+ Hornet's ever gonna even touch Mach 1.85, forget Mach 2. It doesn't have the required wing sweep nor aerodynamic frame to go up against any Mach 2 class fighter. In all its history its only downed Iraqi Mig-21s, got shot down by a Mig-25PD and probably ran to safety from enemy Mirages and Mig-29s. The only thing good about an F/A-18EF is its radar, even the AIM-120D is being superceeded by Russian AAMs. It's not like an F-18 could even dare to challenge a Mig-23I upgrade with R-77 AA-12 Adders, supported by ground radars and AWACS would just shoot it down Foxbat-style, a belief I'm sure IAF and Russian pilots would agree with 100%.
            Once again you are yet again making half assed claims. It's not about range , it depends a lot on avionics. BVR is difficult without advanced avionics. You never seem to learn anything because of your small brain and even smaller **** which is flat like a pancake.Yea im sure IAF and Russian pilots would agree(bias).

Comment

Highsea may have been quoting an out-of-date fly-away cost figure.

That figure varies by sources from 130m-160m.

In any event 183 aircraft are to be built as of now.

The total proram cost is stated by various sources as 66 to 7Ob.

The lower is the one that is the most credible for th etime being. But the higher certainly isnt an exaggeration by any means.

If its the higher then the cost per aircraft will be over 380m and that w/o including some $50m-100m each that is estimated to make it a highly capable Strike platform.

These aircraft are far from cheap but dont look for less than 183 to be bought.

At least have 1/2 maybe over 100(I forget now)already been contracted for.

It does have air-ground capability now but it is quite basic and rudimentary at least from how I understand the issues.
              Right now the F-22 has full JDAM capability(including SDB). So far as i know, that's about the extent of it's ground attack capabilities. To be honest, i don't know really what other munitions i'd even want to add. SDB was really specifically designed to give the F-22 a decent A2G punch.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
                Actually its over 165 km from what I heard, so that put it in the same class as the Phoenix (though it will still be shorter range obviously, falling short maybe 15-20 km).
                Awesome hope it comes out soon , it probabaly will since it's already underesting.For some reason no matter how many times Captain Drunk is contradicted he never shuts up. It amuses me however he is a waste of time to argue with, he reads a brochure or 2 and thinks he knows everything(jackass).Im not surprised however considering his small brain and even smaller **** .

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                  Wow, if that be the case then I might be able to see a Raptor up close, as I've seen many Nighthawks over the years that take off from Holloman, which is less than 2 hours from my house.

As far as the F-14 vs F-35 goes, the F-14 could probably be easily modified to take the AMRAAM considering the ability for its avionics to be upgraded with high-tech equipment such as LANTIRN, and the F-14 has an advantage in the number of weapons it can carry compared to the F-35 if it is to remain stealthy.
                  The F-14D is AMRAAM capable from a hardware perspective. The software was just never fully installed.

Comment

Originally posted by hello
                    F-22As are replacing F-117s? Why would they replace regional bombers with air superiority fighters? The F-22 can't carry 2000lb bombs inside as far I know. It would be more correct if they kept the Nighthawks until 2011 until they get replaced by F-35As.
                    The case hardened high-velocity 250lb SDB supposedly comes very close to the penetrating power of the F117s GBU-28 2700lb penetrator and reportedly has an all new explosive filler 5x more powerful than Tritonal high explosive.

The F-22 is really a better JDAM type strike platform than the F-117 in all respects except for the limited internal bay size.

Comment

What's up with all these VS topics?

One is retired from service & the other is still in developement, And they are 3 decades apart.

Is there a need to compare them? Specs, Payload, performance...

F-14 WAS a great aircraft for its time like many aircrafts before it, but dudes, we are in the 21st century now man.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone start a new thread comparing Mitsubishi Zero vs F-22A. LOL

Comment

I know right, if this was 1 on1 the F14 would die end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by urmomma158
                          I know right, if this was 1 on1 the F14 would die end of story.
                          You can't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by TillerNOS
                            You can't be serious.
                            i am if one F 35 squared oof against one F 14 the F 14 would die. The F 35 can carry only 2 amraams but that's al lit needs. The F 14 wouldn't see it coming9stealth0 and would be shot down. The JSF has a better avionics, has EOTS etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
                              Actually it could. It is capable of going faster, but it doesn't have enough power at the moment. With new engines (more powerful ones albiet) I wouldn't be surprised if it went Mach 2+ as max.

Other than that, your post is basically a bunch of ****..... like always.

Comment

Is he defending his Russian crap again?
                                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                                X