Success Rate of SAMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serbianpsyco
    Hey Spoonman that picture you got is so freaky when you look at it. I see your from melbourne im from perth do you have any air RAF airbases in melbourne that have f-18 Hornets beacuse i live about 20km away from RAF pearcy air base that has f-18hornets and ive been there too look at the aircraft beacuse my mums freind her son works there his a pilot he flys the f-18 hornet.
    Well I don't know if there are any combat planes permanently based around Melbourne, I hardly ever see any flying around here. I think it's mostly Navy with the Williamstown Yards and Army with the Cavalry school at Pukapanyul in these parts, aside from the Reverve Battlegroup and Commando Unit based here.
    In general the ADF's presence in Victoria is pretty limited, since it's still largely based around the old 'defence of the north' idea, which has to change in my opinion.

Comment

i saw in the Avition Museam in Belgrade there a few suites of pilots with M9 Berrata..
      Oh come one! Those were bought at an Army surplus store!

;)

But if you wont your F-117A retunred your going have to ask Russia.
      You guys just couldn't wait to have a garage sale could you...
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

im wondering how did make it back to base when the aircraft was already shot down or mulfation how did he make it back to base does he have wings. The aircraft is destroyed. I got pic to show you it. And here you go your F-16CJ.
        I sense anti americanism. Two can play at that game.

It's quite a shame Russian Ac keep crashing. I'd rather watch it at home on my tv so I don't lose my life.
        However great parachutes/ejection seats!! Envied across the world!!

Please stop with the anti american images. Scroll up and down for more.
        Last edited by Shadowsided; 19 May 06,, 22:29.

Comment

^^^I think i accidentally posted repeats. Here's some more this time from the Mig 29

TSK TSK TSK. Now please STFU with anti american pix.
          Last edited by Shadowsided; 19 May 06,, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by urmomma158
            TSK TSK TSK. Now please STFU with anti american pix.
            He posted ONE picture of a downed American aircraft engaged in a combat mission, as a part of a serious and relatively amicable discussion.

He didn't flood the thread with 25+ pictures of airshow mishaps.

Now, since your clock is ticking, how about you back off.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

urmomma, you're missing something here, that being that USAF aircraft do indeed crash as well, and there are is a common element in those pictures that actually credits Russian technology, or at least an area of it; ejection seats. From what I'm told, Russian ejection seats are top notch, and given how insane those crashes are, it is indeed amazing that the pilots were able to bail out.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                He posted ONE picture of a downed American aircraft engaged in a combat mission, as a part of a serious and relatively amicable discussion.

He didn't flood the thread with 25+ pictures of airshow mishaps.

Now, since your clock is ticking, how about you back off.
                And I beleive he posted the 1 related pic to argue a point he was making that was indispute over a flown combat mission. I have no idea why its nessessary to flood the entire thread with pics of Russian aircraft crashing at an airshow.

Both the U.S and Russia and many other countries have suffered accidents at airshows and public demostrations. These types of incidents are tragic and unfortunate, I fail to see how it serves any useful purpose to cheapen the lives lost during such events so you can engage in making petty insults.

Hell, if any Russians are offended by the pics I apologize. If you wana post these pics you should start an airshow accidents thread.
                Last edited by canoe; 20 May 06,, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by urmomma158
                  I sense anti americanism. Two can play at that game.

(Images cut out)

It's quite a shame Russian Ac keep crashing. I'd rather watch it at home on my tv so I don't lose my life.
                  However great parachutes/ejection seats!! Envied across the world!!

Please stop with the anti american images. Scroll up and down for more.
                  You posted 4 repeats of all but the first 3 pictures. All aircraft keep crashing, not only Russian ones. Even an F-22 crashed once, in a glitch while it was trying to land.

Comment

Originally posted by canoe
                    I have no idea why its nessessary to flood the entire thread with pics of Russian aircraft crashing at an airshow.
                    Neither do I, which is why the clock is ticking.

Comment

what kind of stealth plane is this??

Comment

Originally posted by fox_hound153
                        That all depends on what kind of question you are asking.

Comment

Looks like stealth wreckage to me.

I wonder how they found it????

LOLOLOL.

Comment

Originally posted by fox_hound153
                            An old 1980s-era 1st gen stealth F-117 which flew the exact same path for half a week, left it's bomb bay open, got wet in rain, and had over a dozen missiles fired randomly in its direction.

This thread about SAMs has turned into a picture war of who can get the most pictures of Russian(If poster is American) or American(If poster is Russian/Russia fan) aircraft wrecked.

Comment

Originally posted by hello
                              An old 1980s-era 1st gen
                              Actually 1970s-era.
                              Didn't you see the pimped-out pink faux-fur interior, miniature disco ball, kicking' stereo system (that exceeded the cost of the aircraft itself) thick-padded vinyl-RAM top, and naturally the custom hydraulic suspension (for impressing the groundcrew hotties back at Holloman)?

Comment

Yea i know fighter planes of both the US and Russia crash often but i kinda got pissed off. I guess i went too far I should've only posted a pic or 2. Tophatter how much time do i have???? Sorry guys I think I should take a break from these forums and learn a little anger management.
                                Last edited by Shadowsided; 20 May 06,, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X