Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northax
    replied

The thing most, if not all, people don't think about is: The F-15 has been majorly neglected in light of the F-22 Raptor that was being designed, developed and worked on for more than a decade now; and just recently entered service.

Meanwhile, the Soviets/Russians built more upon their Su-27 family, making the Su-30, Su-35, Su-37, etc. and making them better than the current F-15 in maneuverability.

What many don't seem to think and imagine is: What IF the F-22 wasn't here, nor being designed in the foreseeable future? We'd have pumped all that knowledge from the F-22 into the F-15, and no fighter in the world would be a match for it; without a doubt.

Imagine an F-15 ACTIVE (3D TVC, canards)

Would've probably been thrown into service years ago, and've been built upon majorly: AESA radar, two F-119 35,000+ lb thrust engines, HMS, etc. and would've probably been made more stealthy (like the new F-18 SH's).

That'd have been one beautiful aircraft, for sure; sadly, it didn't happen, since the F-22 was being developed. But, it's still great that the F-22 is now here to take the F-15's place, in air-dominance.

Leave a comment:

• Northax
    replied

Bah double posted, ignore this...
    Last edited by Northax; 21 Jun 05,, 04:23. Reason: Double post

Leave a comment:

• highsea
    replied
    "Everyone just accepts the pic at face value."

hehehe, I know what you mean. I saw a pic of the "New Chinese Aircraft Carrier" the other day- it was the Reagan sitting in drydock at Newport News. Someone had put some chinese lettering on the crane...

"BTW, i was not the one that shopped it...i found it online."

Yeah, I read the article on flightjournal.com. I'm kind of surprised they put the pic on their site. I guess the big ? was their disclaimer, lol, maybe I'll go post it on a few Russian mil sites. I can claim to be a USAF test pilot.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    LOL, why?

Everyone just accepts the pic at face value.

BTW, i was not the one that shopped it...i found it online. :)

Leave a comment:

• highsea
    replied
    Hahaha, well, you should doctor up the AC in the background, those shadows around the vert. fins are pretty bad... ;)

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Eh, stop pissing on my cornflakes Highseas, i've gotten great mileage out of that pic in the past. ;)|

But yeah, i've heard the same thing. From a former USAF test pilot that posts at my site and flew them no less. ;)

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by highsea
    Lol, well I think that pic is a phony, I think you will agree that the AC in the foreground looks an awful lot like this pic from FAS:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/su27_06.jpg

But I do have it from a very good source that we have at least two SU-27's at the evaluation center at Edwards (believe they came from Ukraine). I will ask if it's okay to provide some specifics.
    Curses! Another hoax...

Leave a comment:

• highsea
    replied
    Originally posted by M21Sniper
    So it would seem...
    Lol, well I think that pic is a phony, I think you will agree that the AC in the foreground looks an awful lot like this pic from FAS:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/su27_06.jpg

But I do have it from a very good source that we have at least two SU-27's at the evaluation center at Edwards (believe they came from Ukraine). I will ask if it's okay to provide some specifics.
    Last edited by highsea; 20 Jun 05,, 18:58.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Yeah Baby! Snipe, what can you tell me about those aircraft?
    The markings indicate where they are "stationed" though I would assume either Fallon or Nellis.
    Any idea who they were bought from......and do they have more for sale?

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    "already have".

So it would seem...

Leave a comment:

• highsea
    replied
    Already have.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo Ferrari
    replied
    Back to the topic, I wonder why American don't buy some Sukhois from some 3rd world countries for their assessment?

Leave a comment:

• hello
    replied
    This thread has reallllllly gone off track! Starting with Flankers and is now on to space shuttles!

Leave a comment:

• Injecteer
    replied
    MIKEMUN
    >If Man did not really land on the moon,the Soviets would have been the first to point that out.

I have nothing against it, I was talking about the movie, not landing itself. :)

about the CEV and similar projects...

I was kinda surprised, when I heard about the end of the Shuttle program due to it's cost-ineffectiveness. It appeared so, that the single-use Soyuz was cheaper, then reusable shuttles.

That lets me assume, that any Shuttle- or Buran-like projects will come to the same end. I think, there has to be something totally different, like a hybrid air-to-space plane, or a use of a plane as a carrier for a shuttle, or maybe an orbital lift.

Without all that all space programs will have strong mass/cost limitations.

Leave a comment:

• sniperdude411
    replied
    I don't know why this whole thing with the Columbia is so huge. Some bad heat tiles, and it blew up. God for it. It happened once, chances are it won't happen again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X