Flankers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    The pilot means more than the aircraft. A lot more.
    got to agree with you there but the flanker is like the A-10 as far as i know it is a ground support aircraft the F-15 isn't. :D :D :sniper :taynk
    two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

And the reliable weapons-what's wrong with R-27 and R-73?
      They have a smaller hit percentage, and tend to fail more then Aim-9 and Aim-120.

Comment

I think it would be the Su30-MKI. Its the sexiest, most maneoverable and agile fighter in its class.. It combines the best of russian, israeli, french and indian systems.
        __________________________________________________ ________
        US, India and Israel. Together we will defeat terrorism.
        I prefer communists to islamic terrorists, atleast I know where my enemy is!

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          I'll take the Eagle over all but a few Flankers.
          probably because Russian hardware brokes up in the air? just like Jappanise before the WWII...

truth is that Flankers were always better in than F-15 any version in short range dogfights..... with the latest avionics upgrades of the flankers the F-15 lost its advantage in long distance engagement... and now it needs a profound upgrade for more than a decade (you mentioned ACTIV program)

So how many flankers you are ready to meet while piloting F-15?

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
            So how many flankers you are ready to meet while piloting F-15?
            Or how many Flankers do you need to meet F-15 ;)

Comment

People seem to be comparing F-15 to SU-27 alot but what aboot F-20 Tigershark, is it any good. Seems like damn good aircraft to me :)
              F-20 Tigershark

Note the final statement in the link
              "The F-20 was reliable and easy to maintain. Based on comparisons with the average of contemporary international fighters, the F-20 consumed 53 percent less fuel, required 52 percent less maintenance manpower, had 63 percent lower operating and maintenance costs and had four times the reliability".

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                People seem to be comparing F-15 to SU-27 alot but what aboot F-20 Tigershark, is it any good. Seems like damn good aircraft to me :)
                F-20 Tigershark

Note the final statement in the link
                "The F-20 was reliable and easy to maintain. Based on comparisons with the average of contemporary international fighters, the F-20 consumed 53 percent less fuel, required 52 percent less maintenance manpower, had 63 percent lower operating and maintenance costs and had four times the reliability".
                Well its descriptions mainly focus on the economic/rebilable factor, could that suggest it is to make up for the inferior performance in comparison to the F-16? And that is probably why everyone chose the F-16.

Comment

the radar range mentioned can track up to 48 nautical miles i.e. less than 90 km way less than teh stadard of either a latest F15 or SU27/30 .FRankly the fighter might have a potential . in fact a lot of if. But it clearly seems that the potential clearly hasnt been utilized at all .

Comment

Flankers are some of the deadliest aircraft up close, having very good maneuverability and very powerful engines, not to mention 10 hardpoints for the deadly AA-11 Archer, in many ways superior to the AIM-9M Sidewinder as well as being able to carry the mediocre SAHR AA-10 Alamo.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

The F-20 tigershark was a proposal to the USAF back in the late 80s.

It was never bought.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                        Flankers are some of the deadliest aircraft up close, having very good maneuverability and very powerful engines, not to mention 10 hardpoints for the deadly AA-11 Archer, in many ways superior to the AIM-9M Sidewinder as well as being able to carry the mediocre SAHR AA-10 Alamo.

Sorry Eagles can carry AIM-9X too... Also American have proven track record.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                          They have a smaller hit percentage, and tend to fail more then Aim-9 and Aim-120.
                          well,can you please give some stats

wow, Troung, on your first post, where did you get all that information from? that looks really interesting, but really very complicated, hard to read, you mind giving me a link perhaps?

typical of Americans choosing the Flanker, and Russians choosing the Eagle, it doesn't matter though, only your opinion

"Sorry Eagles can carry AIM-9X too... Also American have proven track record."

i don't mean to offend anyone, but the track record is rediculous, really, means nothing
                          for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
                            well,can you please give some stats

wow, Troung, on your first post, where did you get all that information from? that looks really interesting, but really very complicated, hard to read, you mind giving me a link perhaps?

typical of Americans choosing the Flanker, and Russians choosing the Eagle, it doesn't matter though, only your opinion

"Sorry Eagles can carry AIM-9X too... Also American have proven track record."

i don't mean to offend anyone, but the track record is rediculous, really, means nothing
                            OK Dima, I just have to know. Which do you choose, the Flanker or the Eagle?
                            Speaking for myself I find the Flanker to be a most dangerous opponent in the right hands. It's a tough capable foe in the right hands.
                            Then again, I've always liked the Su-27 family.
                            On the other hand, the Eagle has a record breaking combat record. Hard to argue against a kill-ratio like the F-15s
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

that's too hard of a question, if i choose the Flanker, i'll be shunned, anf if i choose the Eagle, then i will betray my nation, personally, i don't really want to make an assumption right now, as i am still waiting for the site that forties got all that information, but based on the performance of the Su-30K against the F-15E( was it the F-15E?) in India, Su-30MKI over all, the original Su-27 had quite a few problems, perfected through the Su-27SM, SK, MKI, MKK, MKM, 35, 37, 34, 33, 32FN etc.

i just hope i don't offend anyone, just an opinion, jus trying to be friendly and calm and it's only my opinion, i'll smarten up by reading more
                              for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by sam0001
                                I think it would be the Su30-MKI. Its the sexiest, most maneoverable and agile fighter in its class.. It combines the best of russian, israeli, french and indian systems.

Right on Sam you couldn't say it better than that. I think it's one of the best looking planes out there not to mention deadly and powerful.

And troung is this Su-35ub destined for China the exact same as the MKI and are they gonna be getting them for sure or are they just looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X