Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    So it would seem...
    Lol, well I think that pic is a phony, I think you will agree that the AC in the foreground looks an awful lot like this pic from FAS:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/su27_06.jpg

But I do have it from a very good source that we have at least two SU-27's at the evaluation center at Edwards (believe they came from Ukraine). I will ask if it's okay to provide some specifics.
    Last edited by highsea; 20 Jun 05,, 18:58.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
      Lol, well I think that pic is a phony, I think you will agree that the AC in the foreground looks an awful lot like this pic from FAS:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/su27_06.jpg

But I do have it from a very good source that we have at least two SU-27's at the evaluation center at Edwards (believe they came from Ukraine). I will ask if it's okay to provide some specifics.
      Curses! Another hoax...
      Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Eh, stop pissing on my cornflakes Highseas, i've gotten great mileage out of that pic in the past. ;)|

But yeah, i've heard the same thing. From a former USAF test pilot that posts at my site and flew them no less. ;)

Comment

Hahaha, well, you should doctor up the AC in the background, those shadows around the vert. fins are pretty bad... ;)
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

LOL, why?

Everyone just accepts the pic at face value.

BTW, i was not the one that shopped it...i found it online. :)

Comment

"Everyone just accepts the pic at face value."

hehehe, I know what you mean. I saw a pic of the "New Chinese Aircraft Carrier" the other day- it was the Reagan sitting in drydock at Newport News. Someone had put some chinese lettering on the crane...

"BTW, i was not the one that shopped it...i found it online."

Yeah, I read the article on flightjournal.com. I'm kind of surprised they put the pic on their site. I guess the big ? was their disclaimer, lol, maybe I'll go post it on a few Russian mil sites. I can claim to be a USAF test pilot.

Comment

Bah double posted, ignore this...
                Last edited by Northax; 21 Jun 05,, 04:23. Reason: Double post

Comment

The thing most, if not all, people don't think about is: The F-15 has been majorly neglected in light of the F-22 Raptor that was being designed, developed and worked on for more than a decade now; and just recently entered service.

Meanwhile, the Soviets/Russians built more upon their Su-27 family, making the Su-30, Su-35, Su-37, etc. and making them better than the current F-15 in maneuverability.

What many don't seem to think and imagine is: What IF the F-22 wasn't here, nor being designed in the foreseeable future? We'd have pumped all that knowledge from the F-22 into the F-15, and no fighter in the world would be a match for it; without a doubt.

Imagine an F-15 ACTIVE (3D TVC, canards)

Would've probably been thrown into service years ago, and've been built upon majorly: AESA radar, two F-119 35,000+ lb thrust engines, HMS, etc. and would've probably been made more stealthy (like the new F-18 SH's).

That'd have been one beautiful aircraft, for sure; sadly, it didn't happen, since the F-22 was being developed. But, it's still great that the F-22 is now here to take the F-15's place, in air-dominance.

Comment

Working...
                  X