IAF pilots prefer mirage against american f-16 / 18 's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAF pilots prefer mirage against american f-16 / 18 's

indian pilots said they would rather prefer mirage agianst f-16 /18's. And if that isnt possible rafale is what they want
    but i dont think IAF will go for rafale....it costs 70 million
    but i really really really hope they go for rafale........leats forget the cost
    IAF r u listening

Originally posted by anand1266
    indian pilots said they would rather prefer mirage agianst f-16 /18's. And if that isnt possible rafale is what they want
    IAF r u listening
    Not sure where that info is coming from or what the reasoning behind it. But the new F16's are more then on par with the Mirage. I could understand them preferring the Rafale over the F16 but not so much the Mirage.

Comment

IAF r u listening
      Um, India has other things to spend their money on than $70 million MRFs. Like hospitals, schools etc.

Comment

the news article regarding the same came in times of india bangalore edition today.
        it quoted some unnamed iaf high rank officers stating that they have loved to maintain the m2k and and not impressed with the performance of f16 on the other side of border or even in the exercises they flew with them.
        since m2k isnt there they would prefer rafale even if it means lower numbers. but also quoted by one official is that if f18 is offered with aesa the balance shifts in favour of f18 considerably giving iaf a distinct technological edge.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}-
          Um, India has other things to spend their money on than $70 million MRFs. Like hospitals, schools etc.
          u r right but...but country's security comes first dude....

Comment

u r right but...but country's security comes first dude....
            You need look no further than the US Congress to see examples of people who disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by canoe
              Not sure where that info is coming from or what the reasoning behind it. But the new F16's are more then on par with the Mirage. I could understand them preferring the Rafale over the F16 but not so much the Mirage.
              There was an article in the Times of India, based on views of fighter pilots who fly Mirage-2Ks and confronted F-16s in exercises with a few other countries. But they also favoured the F-18, with the AESA radar.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

So there is no homeless in Australia and everone's got free health care and education?? Impressive!!

And btw Rafael's in tricolor, would never be a possibility..its too overlapping with the current force structure.
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                  So there is no homeless in Australia and everone's got free health care and education?? Impressive!!

And btw Rafael's in tricolor, would never be a possibility..its too overlapping with the current force structure.
                  No county in the world has ever achived zero homelessness. Homelessness isen't aways an economic factor, some of it is social.

Does Australia provide everyone with free healthcare and education. Yes, they do pay for it via taxes mind you so in a sense its not free but everyone is entitled to it.

Basiclly while I'd admire how far India has come in the past decade I wouldn't start trying to call down countries like Australia just yet. There still well ahead of India socially.

Comment

I heard the French is having some difficulty selling their new pride and joy. There just might be some Rafaels at bargain basement price if Indea plays its cards right.
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                      I heard the French is having some difficulty selling their new pride and joy. There just might be some Rafaels at bargain basement price if Indea plays its cards right.
                      I'd do just about everything possible to undercut Rafale and put them out of business.
                      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by canoe
                        Basiclly while I'd admire how far India has come in the past decade I wouldn't start trying to call down countries like Australia just yet. There still well ahead of India socially.
                        No, I'm not putting down Australia here. I was just ticked off by the comment that money is well spent on roads and schools. What gave him the moral high ground there, Australia aint a heaven while India aint hell.
                        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                          What you say is true. Whether it's bad marketing or bad product, or a combination of both, doesn't matter, as long as the French don't sell everything will be okay.
                          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                            No, I'm not putting down Australia here. I was just ticked off by the comment that money is well spent on roads and schools. What gave him the moral high ground there, Australia aint a heaven while India aint hell.
                            No, it's not. Which is why I believe we spend enough money on defence given our needs. We could actually afford to buy some F-22s if we boosted defence spending a lot, but we have more inportant things to spend money on, like schools and hospitals. That's why I was so offended by the massive price tag of the Osprey, cause the USA has better things to spend their money on.
                            Defence is not the only government responsibility.

Comment

No, it's not. Which is why I believe we spend enough money on defence given our needs. We could actually afford to buy some F-22s if we boosted defence spending a lot, but we have more inportant things to spend money on, like schools and hospitals. That's why I was so offended by the massive price tag of the Osprey, cause the USA has better things to spend their money on.
                              Defence is not the only government responsibility.
                              eh?? u r talking as if US is doing its current best to improve lives of americans. you guys are even worse, wasting hard earned american common man's money. remember katrina and the way ur govt responded? dont bring in ur clairvoyancy here. India's defence budget has been lingering around 1.8 - 2% of the total GDP. Please do some research abt all this before making ur ignorant comments.

India knows how to spend their money, thx for ur concern, this is military forum, if u've nothing to say, please dont waste ur time by writing BS!!
                              it's better to lead than to follow

Comment

Working...
                              X