Puff the Magic Dragon Returns to Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    You dont gotta convince me. There was a Spectre working it's magic over Panama City all night long that first night. It left an impression.
    They supported the rescue of Kurt Muse, among other things, correct?

Comment

The US high tech magic has spoiled the public about how war should be. War is hell. War is total devastation with uncountable human sufferings. War should be so horrible that we don't want to see it in generations. But now thanks to precision weapons, Hollywood, and CNN, we think wars are video games where fire can be accurately controlled.

Everyday I marvel at the US military's restraint. The most deadly military force in the history of mankind is prosecuting a war with collateral damage count of hundreds, if not only dozens, when it could have easily been in the millions.

Of course the leftist think this is still too much.

end rant
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
        The US high tech magic has spoiled the public about how war should be. War is hell. War is total devastation with uncountable human sufferings. War should be so horrible that we don't want to see it in generations. But now thanks to precision weapons, Hollywood, and CNN, we think wars are video games where fire can be accurately controlled.

Everyday I marvel at the US military's restraint. The most deadly military force in the history of mankind is prosecuting a war with collateral damage count of hundreds, if not only dozens, when it could have easily been in the millions.

Of course the leftist think this is still too much.

end rant
        In full agreement here.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
          They supported the rescue of Kurt Muse, among other things, correct?
          Among other things....

;)

PS: There were actually at least two Spectres in the vicinity that night.
          Last edited by Bill; 09 Mar 06,, 00:42.

Comment

Go to this site...select Photo/Video gallery then scroll down and select Military pics/video they have some awsome aircraft/weapon videos especially for the Spectre. http://www.jesseshunting.com/site/hog.html
            Last edited by Dreadnought; 08 Mar 06,, 20:40.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
              It'll never, ever, be appreciated.
              HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
                It'll never, ever, be appreciated.
                Absolutely true.

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21789181083769
                  Holy Jebus
                  crazy video of ac-130 in Afghanistan

Comment

An AC-130 present at the Battle of Mogadishu would probably have saved Somali lives as well as Americans through its psychological deterrence, right?

I'd certainly be scared enough to stay inside if I saw a gunship raining down fire on my town...
                    HD Ready?

Comment

An AC-130 is precise enough to have laid massive fires directly on enemy forces while still posing a minimal risk to nuetrals, and almost no risk to friendlies.

Spectre/Spooky is the most accurate airborne weapons system in the entire US Arsenal.

Comment

Working...
                      X