Comparison of forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison of forces

Compare these forces. If their objective is to destroy each others bases/carriers, which one would win, provided they all have the same number of AWACSs, fighters and 1 base?

Base: 1 Land Base
    AWACS: E-3B Sentry
    "Hi" fighter: F-22A Raptor
    "Lo" fighter: F-35A JSF
    Fighter/bomber: F-15E Strike Eagle

Base: 1 Nimitz Carrier
    AWACS: E-2D "Hawkeye 2000"
    "Hi" fighter: F/A-18F Super Hornet
    "Lo" fighter: F-35C JSF
    Fighter/bomber: F/A-18E Super Hornet

AWACS: E-3A Sentry
    "Hi" fighter: F-15C Eagle
    "Lo" fighter: F-16C/D Falcon
    Fighter/bomber: FB-111 Aardvark

Base: 1 Nimitz Carrier
    AWACS: E-2C Hawkeye
    "Hi" fighter: F-14D Super Tomcat
    "Lo" fighter: F/A-18C/D Hornet
    Fighter/bomber: A-6 Intruder

AWACS: A50 Mainstay
    "Hi" fighter: Su35 Super Flanker
    "Lo" fighter: MiG29 Fulcrum
    Fighter/bomber: Su34 Bomber Flanker/Fullback

AWACS: E-3B Sentry/E-737 Wedgetail???
    "Hi" fighter: EF-2000 Typhoon
    "Lo" fighter: Tornado ADV
    Fighter/bomber: Tornado IDS

In 3 vs 4, the naval force is equal to the air force, while the F-111 has an advantage over the A-6, the F-14s Phoenix is superior to the F-15s AMRAAM. The carrier also has the small advantage of being able to move around. However in the next gen(1 vs 2), the air force has a huge advantage with the F-22A and the fighter/bomber advantage stays with the F-15E over the F-18E. Both sides have stealth AGM-158 JASSMs and long-ranged JSOWs, so the base/carriers air defences are slightly less useful than in 3 vs 4. The only advantage left with the carrier is the ability to move. Against 5, probably the only one which can better it is 1 or 6, while the F-14s of 4 might also equal the Su35s and MiG29s.
    Last edited by hello; 25 Feb 06,, 07:21.

I go with the 1st Group. Also their is no F-111B, it was cancelled as it was developed for the navy but later succeeded by the F-14. The most recent version of the F-111 I believe is the F-111F, though, that will have to be checked on.

Comment

I'm no expert, but I'd guess the 1st, 2nd and 6th groups would come in gold silver and bronze, with the 5th getting 4th place. I base this assumption upon the rules that I've been led to believe here: That US and EU aircraft have better avionics and longer engagement ranges, while Soviet/Russian aircraft tend to have superior close-range capabilities, that stealth rules against most RADAR systems these days, and that the F-22 kicks ass in all areas except price. But I might be totally wrong, this just seems to be the most broadly supported set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
        I go with the 1st Group. Also their is no F-111B, it was cancelled as it was developed for the navy but later succeeded by the F-14. The most recent version of the F-111 I believe is the F-111F, though, that will have to be checked on.
        And I think the RAAF uses F-111Fs. If you really wanted to take out the enemy airbase, an FB-111 with a nuke would do the trick.

Comment

Whoops, I mixed up F-111B and FB-111. The F-117 can also be the fighter/bomber for 3, but with no A2A capability(The aardvark can carry 4 aim-9s), it can't be a fighter, and with a payload of only 2 GBU-24/10/32, it isn't much of a bomber either.

Comment

Working...
          X