'chopper down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'chopper down

I have mentioned previously that one of the greatest problems a heli. can face (esp. urban) is the power line. NOE being the pilot bugbear.

This thread is as much for the hobyist as the mil. pro. I don't think that Attack Heli. is cost effective compared to armour or fixed wing. Please prove me wrong. the following are thoughts directed at temperate and urban zones of combat.

#1 A net gun fired at the blades.
    #2 A water cannon (or, indeed, fire hose) fired at the blades/inlets
    #3 Water balloons from sling shots filled with petrol
    #4 Paint ball hits on the cabin
    #5 Emergency rocket with line - through the blades
    #6 Halogen torches
    #7 Multiple rescue flares
    #8 Anti-tank rifles

You get the idea. I hope I'm daft. :)
    Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

A cigarette butt flicked into the mid-air refueling probe of both a chopper / fixed-wing aircraft can be equally devastating

Comment

Originally posted by The Chap
      #3 Water balloons from sling shots filled with petrol
      Instead of a water balloon I'd use the anarchists best friend, a can of hairspray. (never leave home without it)
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Well they dont seem to lose too many of them in urban areas, so it cant be that bad.
        And even if they take a serious hit, auto-rotation means that a lot of them can crash land and be salvaged and put back into service even after being shot down, as opposed to a jet that tends to explode when slamming into the ground at high speeds.

Comment

Working...
        X