Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma Stealth Has Arrived

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/10/19/stealth.shtml

Well, so much for all that money we spent on the F-22A's stealth. Now that it has a rival I am interested in seeing what the next air wars will be like.

So someone (this coming from a Russian source, which I've learned (over time and I mean a long-time) are not always up-to-date and can make misleading comments) just wrote an article and doesn't have anything to back it up? Well that sounds mighty suspicious by me. I'll only believe this when it actually comes true.

*Notice that they didn't specify any aircrafts that have undergone these tests along with any data or even a link to something that might show something like that.

I'm not discreditting this yet, but its still suspicious to me until some solid proof comes out that they have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
      So someone (this coming from a Russian source, which I've learned (over time and I mean a long-time) are not always up-to-date and can make misleading comments) just wrote an article and doesn't have anything to back it up? Well that sounds mighty suspicious by me. I'll only believe this when it actually comes true.

*Notice that they didn't specify any aircrafts that have undergone these tests along with any data or even a link to something that might show something like that.

I'm not discreditting this yet, but its still suspicious to me until some solid proof comes out that they have done it.
      Burning Kid, the key phrase to your post is "Well that sounds mighty suspicious by me." You're the only one who won't believe this and then find some excuse or attack the supplier of information. I have gotten in many debates with you and you seem to think that all technology that is not American is extremely primitive and the F-22A is a God. Believe it or not there are other technologically advanced countries than just the US and the Raptor has it's faults and is not perfect.

Comment

I actually don't understand why the head of such a respectable institute has stated that. So far there is no information on reliable plasma screen released to engineers of Sukhoi...... I also tend to think that if there was any SERIOUS work on this issue NOBODY WOULD PUBLICLY SPEAK about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
          I actually don't understand why the head of such a respectable institute has stated that. So far there is no information on reliable plasma screen released to engineers of Sukhoi...... I also tend to think that if there was any SERIOUS work on this issue NOBODY WOULD PUBLICLY SPEAK about it.
          Russia is currently demonstrating plasma stealth and advertising it because they plan to get more money by selling it to other countries rather than use it for themselves. They just want to make it look good for purchase to other countries. So I'm not surprised that they are showing it off. Publically speaking about it will make it more popular and easier to advertise.
          Last edited by Insomniac; 19 Jan 06,, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac
            Russia is currently demonstrating plasma stealth and advertising it because they plan to get more money by selling it to other countries rather than use it for themselves. They just want to make it look good for purchase to other countries. So I'm not surprised that they are showing it off. Publically speaking about it will make it more popular and easier to advertise.
            I see no point in selling something which is worth using yourself if it really works. And if it was really working it were to be top secret at the development state like supercavity torperdoes were......

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
              I see no point in selling something which is worth using yourself if it really works. And if it was really working it were to be top secret at the development state like supercavity torperdoes were......
              Secrecy is not the name of the game now, Russian ministry of defense can not sponsor all those projects, a lot of the time the project is marketed to attract foreign investors to it. Plus where really is no point, in our day and age nothing can stay secret for more then a couple of years.

Путин: Надо отделить мух от мяса.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusky
                Secrecy is not the name of the game now, Russian ministry of defense can not sponsor all those projects, a lot of the time the project is marketed to attract foreign investors to it. Plus where really is no point, in our day and age nothing can stay secret for more then a couple of years.
                Tell that to people who got in jail for trying to dig up this stuff.
                Who was the last one? Sutyagin in 2004? But it was too long ago... Right?

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
                  Tell that to people who got in jail for trying to dig up this stuff.
                  Who was the last one? Sutyagin in 2004? But it was too long ago... Right?
                  Looks to me like our bright defenders of the motherland in the FSB (что ещё можно ожидать от чекистов?) are trying to clean up the mess they themselves made, i mean who was in charge of censoring the book?

Either way, yes we do try to protect ourselves against spies, but if you look at numerous examples, we do market most of our technology to the rest of the world to get funding for our projects.
                  Last edited by Rusky; 19 Jan 06,, 21:16.

Путин: Надо отделить мух от мяса.

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac
                    Burning Kid, the key phrase to your post is "Well that sounds mighty suspicious by me." You're the only one who won't believe this and then find some excuse or attack the supplier of information. I have gotten in many debates with you and you seem to think that all technology that is not American is extremely primitive and the F-22A is a God. Believe it or not there are other technologically advanced countries than just the US and the Raptor has it's faults and is not perfect.
                    I never said that the Raptor is perfect. You just somehow come to that conclusion. I can list that the Raptor is indeed costly and is pretty complex weapons system. But the reason I argue against almost everything you say is that almost everything you ever say is usually just not possible or has no credible backing to it. Remember you MiG-1.44 debate? You tried to convince people to think that it was actually a "Raptor Killer" when mother nature was already beating it up. For this paticular article, how do you know that this isn't a hoax? Why isn't there any flight data from any of the flights on the internet if Russia is so open on the topic? Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                    X