Korean War MiG/Saber exchange rates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That table reinforces my point.

And yeah, the Russians 'claim' to have shot down a lot of Sabres too.

All i know is that one society was open, and fully reported war dead and casualties, and the other was none for paranoid secrecy, and had a tendency for people to disappear without a trace.

Hence, i am far more inclined to believe the Western sources, almost all of which i've linked to here in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      That table reinforces my point.
      Don't see how twice bigger stats for Mig-15bis reinforce your claim.

And yeah, the Russians 'claim' to have shot down a lot of Sabres too.
      Thats true ;) Everybody wanted to shoot down "the Saber", but many of the claimed F-86 were actually all other kinds of planes.
      Remember that there was almost solely Mig-15 vs. full blown "UN" airforces.

All i know is that one society was open, and fully reported war dead and casualties...
      Well, they were not exacltly "not reported"... they were just written off to AAA, engine malfunctions, fires, etc etc. Or just "disappeared".
      Hell, there is a lot more "disappeared" planes than Russians claims all together

Hence, i am far more inclined to believe the Western sources, almost all of which i've linked to here in the past.
      Sure sure. Blessed who believe :)
      Last edited by lurker; 18 Jan 06,, 04:56.

Comment

http://www.acepilots.com/russian/rus_aces.html

Here is a nice link about Russian aces, what they told they shot down and what was confirmed they shot down in the west.

Путин: Надо отделить мух от мяса.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          Ho hum. I can post linked resources that claim a healthy F-86 kill advantadge, but i've already done so numerous times in past threads. Horrido, what did you go and drudge this back up for?

LOL...

PS: 50 bullets is less than a seconds firing time for the F-86s six Cal.50BMGs. That 'weak' armament suite is the same one that won the airwar over europe in the wings of the P-51D. Again....
          Hi Snipe! Why you insist on beliefs versus facts? I remember we already discussed that in the past.... and I did post you so much figures in english sources. This is a fact - US did lose more aircraft in both Korean and Vietnam wars than Russians+Chinese in Korea and Vietnamese+few Russians in Vietnam.

I will look for archives here to post where we already discussed that....

Would you admit that figure of Korean war aircraft losses were officially REVISED in US in 1990-es? In 1960-es USA could not let the information about complete desauster to become public...... What happened to UN air losses can not be called other than that.
          Last edited by Garry; 18 Jan 06,, 16:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
            This is a fact - US did lose more aircraft in both Korean and Vietnam wars than Russians+Chinese in Korea and Vietnamese+few Russians in Vietnam.
            1) Fewer communist planes, fewer to lose, also fewer to inflict losses.
            2) Don't know about Russian claims but even given the benefit of the doubt, it forms a small picture of the overall kills.
            3) The majority of Chinese claims in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars were claimed by ground based AD units, not planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
              1) Fewer communist planes, fewer to lose, also fewer to inflict losses.
              Hi Officer of Engineers,

I agree with 1) Fewer communist planes, fewer to lose, ...... However Korean war veteran pilots claim that they had so good kill ratios exactly because they had so many UN aircrafts around to shoot down. The skies in the begining were full of targets..... hence their kill records was so good.

For example in Vietnam.... US pilots had less targets than Vientnamiese..... this also played to better kill ratios of a smaller Vietnamise AF. US could not equilize the score even when almost whole Vietnamise AF was shot down.

As for air domination in Korean war? Soviet pilots removed bombers from skies and that was their major task. And yes...... they did wrongly claim almost every killed fighter to be F-86..... but there were much fewer of them engaged in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
                As for air domination in Korean war? Soviet pilots removed bombers from skies and that was their major task. And yes...... they did wrongly claim almost every killed fighter to be F-86..... but there were much fewer of them engaged in reality.
                That also has to be coupled with the fact that the US lost interest in winning the Korean War after the Chinese intervention.

Comment

Working...
                X