Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JG73
    No. Canada is only level 3 partner.
    I thought Australia gets the same clearance as UK and it's only a level 3 partner.

Comment

The CF-18s are going through a mid-life upgrade right now (over half are done, I believe), piggying backing on the USN mid-life upgrade program for their F-18s. So, you're looking at least another 15 years of service before we need another bird at the earliest.

There's also talk at Air Command that the JSF may not be the bird we want. The SUPER HORNET looks really good right now. However, that's at least 15-20 years down the line and by that time, the entire situation would have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by JG73
        Level 1 (5,1%) UK
        Level 2 (2,5%) Italy
        Level 2 (2,0%) Netherlands
        Level 3 (0,4%) Turkey
        Level 3 (0,4%) Australia
        Level 3 (0,3%) Norway
        Level 3 (0,3%) Denmark
        Level 3 (0,2%) Canada
        What! No spain, germany.

I think the denmark govt did the most intelligent thing. Grippen would suit it needs & JSF would surely have been a over kill & painfully expensive.
        Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          The CF-18s are going through a mid-life upgrade right now (over half are done, I believe), piggying backing on the USN mid-life upgrade program for their F-18s. So, you're looking at least another 15 years of service before we need another bird at the earliest.

There's also talk at Air Command that the JSF may not be the bird we want. The SUPER HORNET looks really good right now. However, that's at least 15-20 years down the line and by that time, the entire situation would have changed.
          Most of the CF-18s are being upgraded yes but were losing some every few years due to maintence issues. I'm not sure what the flight hours on our air frames are but I'd imagine their pretty high. We have about 19,600 air force personnel (not sure on the exact number of pilots) and about 81 operational CF-18's out of 115 we bought. The CF expects the operational aircraft with the upgrades to last until 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by canoe
            The CF expects the operational aircraft with the upgrades to last until 2020.
            *** SNORTGFFFT *** Yeah, right, you believe that? I can't even remember the last time we retired a piece of kit on time.

Comment

*** SNORTGFFFT *** Yeah, right, you believe that? I can't even remember the last time we retired a piece of kit on time.
              lol, well thats what they say. The seakings are still flying so yes I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

Does anyone get to retire their gear on time these days? Well China do when they realise how god-aweful designs like the J-8 are, but Australia is still flying F-111s.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon 6
                  It makes perfect sense. We make money for every unit we export. Thats the reason we export the M1 tank to Egypt. To make money.
                  Egypt has it's own M-1 factory.

Comment

Norway to Back out of F-35 JSF Over Industrial Share?

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...hare/index.php
                    >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

Working...
                    X