Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-555 Criuise Missile: Russia

Russia's new X-555 cruise missile operates better than its predecessor

The innovation has put an end to the USA's monopoly in usage of high-precision long-range missiles

Russia's newest aviation cruise missile X-555 created by the Tactical Missile Weapons corporation can easily get to a vent sash from the distance of over 2,000 kilometers. The new weapon will replace cruise missiles with nuclear warheads currently adopted by the Russian strategic aviation. X-555 missile

Test of the new missile was conducted in August with President Putin's participation. The military say that the innovation has put an end to the USA's monopoly in usage of high-precision long-range missiles. Now, the Russian Air Force can use such missiles for any mission, including liquidation of international terrorist camps. ..........................

======================
    Pretty impressive, I must say..2000 km's

excellent news!

Comment

Originally posted by cirrrocco
      Now, the Russian Air Force can use such missiles for any mission, including liquidation of international terrorist camps.
      I love the word "liquidate". Very Russian...even in English ;)

I especially love it when it's used in the same sentence as "terrorist".
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Wow,

So they are where the US was 20 yrs ago with Tomahawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape
          Wow,

im sure these match or possibly exceed the tomahawk.

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rockets_cruise.html

Comment

Originally posted by SovietHonor
            im sure these match or possibly exceed the tomahawk.

Yea, 1st generation Tomahawk. Nowhere near what we use now.

When they can do this call me: capability to reprogram the missile while in-flight to strike any of 15 preprogrammed alternate targets or redirect the missile to any Global Positioning System (GPS) target coordinates. Able to loiter over a target area for some hours, and with its on-board TV camera, allow the warfighting commanders to assess battle damage of the target, and, if necessary redirect the missile to any other target.

Thats what we have ;)

Comment

When they can do this call me: capability to reprogram the missile while in-flight to strike any of 15 preprogrammed alternate targets or redirect the missile to any Global Positioning System (GPS) target coordinates. Able to loiter over a target area for some hours, and with its on-board TV camera, allow the warfighting commanders to assess battle damage of the target, and, if necessary redirect the missile to any other target.

Thats what we have ;)

so what gen is it in now? 3rd? when was the tech released?

Comment

Thats what we have ;)
                Which is... nice. Indeed.
                Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Wow,

X-555 is just a deep redesign of the circa 1985 X-55 nuclear-only missile. Radar CS reduced, improved accuracy, added GPS/GLONASS etc. - the things that are needed in a conventional missle.
                  Btw, some sources list 5000km as a range for it.

Comment

What is the weight of warhead?
                    Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by indianguy4u
                      What is the weight of warhead?
                      Increased from 130 kg to 350 kg. To compensate for removed fuel - they added two jettisoning external fuel tanks.

Btw, interesting that in the same series of tests they also launched the same amount of X-101, but nothing in the press and no pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
                        X-555 is just a deep redesign of the circa 1985 X-55 nuclear-only missile. Radar CS reduced, improved accuracy, added GPS/GLONASS etc. - the things that are needed in a conventional missle.
                        Btw, some sources list 5000km as a range for it.
                        yes i was confused when the same link had ranges of 2000 kms and also 3500 kms..i posted the lesser value :d..

Comment

Thats what we have ;)
                          I need something that is relaible and can hit what i sent it out to?? all those gadgets are secondary..if i soot a bullet i need that bullet to strike where i aimed..I dont want one thats gonna loiter.take a break..watch the surrounding..etc...

yeahh..you get more options with the new tomahawk but for the russain army better late than never...they have a decent standofff cruise missile

Comment

Originally posted by cirrrocco
                            I need something that is relaible and can hit what i sent it out to?? all those gadgets are secondary..if i soot a bullet i need that bullet to strike where i aimed..I dont want one thats gonna loiter.take a break..watch the surrounding..etc...
                            But with that bullet you have eyes on target. You can see that it moved and that you need to fire more rounds. Or you can see that the intended target isnt in the area yet and not send a bullet in the empty target area. You can also see that you have hit the target and that no more bullets are needed, or need more "Effect" and shoot more.

Just think of Toms as the Shooter and the bullet. We won't hit any more empty training camps when the target is the terrorist. The commander doesn't need to risk an Recce plane to assess damage. And can shift missiles in flight to new targets if needed.

yeahh..you get more options with the new tomahawk but for the russain army better late than never...they have a decent standofff cruise missile
                            Yea, its more of a rant on so many posters that think the Russians and Chinese are producing "Super weapons". We also have pundits that do the same.
                            When in reality, both countries are producing avionic/electronics that are equal to what we had in the 70s.

Comment

Yea, its more of a rant on so many posters that think the Russians and Chinese are producing "Super weapons". We also have pundits that do the same.
                              When in reality, both countries are producing avionic/electronics that are equal to what we had in the 70s.
                              Not really "super weapons" ;) Actually all of the X-555 are going to be made from X-55's.

Btw, have you seen any posters of the X-101/102?

Comment

Working...
                              X