X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defcon 6
    haha. ya, like the Kursk.
    Or like Challenger ;) Or like Discovery ;) Whatever you prefere

The Black Eagle was regarded as the T-95. The T-95 designation would have been applied to the Oriol had it "won" the bid. Anyways this T-95 you keep talking about doesn't exist.
    Regarded? By who? Morons like you? T-95 exists, but nobody want to talk about it. Me too.

Sounds like something a nationalist would say. Rooshoo's usually are blinded by their own egos.
    My my my, says a guy without ego? No balls, huh? Sucks to be you. :)

Oh boy 14? And how many of those are operational? COUGH.
    All of them :)

Too bad too. But it was still the better aircraft. Then again...we already knew that.
    If it was as good as you say, we would have seeing them flying now.
    People who srapped that junk knew better.

Comment

Or like Challenger ;) Or like Discovery ;) Whatever you prefere
      Or more like-

K-219
      K-123
      K-19 "The Widowmaker"
      Komsomolets

Rooshoo technology at its finest.

Regarded? By who? Morons like you? T-95 exists, but nobody want to talk about it. Me too.
      No pictures, no information, no official statements. Doesn't exist. At least the black eagle existed.

My my my, says a guy without ego? No balls, huh? Sucks to be you. :)
      I'll just leave that for the mods.

All of them :)
      So you say...

If it was as good as you say, we would have seeing them flying now.
      People who srapped that junk knew better.
      Not really, your just attempting to antagonize me.

Comment

Or more like-
        K-219
        K-123
        K-19 "The Widowmaker"
        Komsomolets

Forgot Scorpion and Thresher also fine pieces of pindos technology :)

No pictures, no information, no official statements. Doesn't exist. At least the black eagle existed.
        It's classified. No pictures released.
        I, as opposite of you, talk about the stuff that I know. llama

I'll just leave that for the mods.
        As you wish troll. Nobody wants a trolled board.
        You for now hasn't proved your value to anybody here.
        Go watch a TV or you miss your cartoons :)

How's that you said about Tu-160 being a "not fielded" prototype? Swallowed it, and continue to brag, shithead? :)

Last edited by lurker; 19 Jan 06,, 07:43.

Comment

How's that you said about Tu-160 being a "not fielded" prototype? Swallowed it, and continue to brag, shithead? :)
          Whats thatr RooShoo-san? I never said anything of the sort. So I had nothing to swallow, and no reason to brag. Once again I'll leave that last bit for the mods.

Comment

Or more like-

K-219
            K-123
            K-19 "The Widowmaker"
            Komsomolets

Every nation has its accidents, hell just last week an F-15 crushed into the ocean, you guys had the Three Mile Island, your shuttle disasters and so on and so forth.

Путин: Надо отделить мух от мяса.

Comment

Okay Rusky I'll give you that.

Comment

Yes, the Space Shuttle is so crap, please show the Americans how it's actually done. Oh wait...

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question...an-damaged.jpg
                HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
                  Yes, the Space Shuttle is so crap, please show the Americans how it's actually done. Oh wait...

In a general sense the Russian's have always had looser safety standards then their western counterparts. Its a mentality that goes back to WW2 were the upper ranks generally viewed the lower ranks as cheap and expendable infact they're equipment was generally considered more valuable then their personel.

This has changed somewhat but still has a ways to go. Theres still alot of issues pertaining to this in the Russian military to this day but its nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Comment

The point is, at least they have a Shuttle in the first place.

And criticism of the F-15? The fighter jet with a kill ratio of infinity? Criticising Three Mile Island? Beginning with C, ending in L, hello?

The Americans have had their share of technical gaffes but, more often than not, they just pale in comparison to you-know-who.

What I will also concede is Russia's early lead in space technology and Mir. I doubt, however, that this is anywhere near enough to discredit America - especially since it not only kept up with Russia, by and large, but also managed to outdo them in the most total manner possible in the areas of freedom and standard of living.
                    Last edited by HistoricalDavid; 14 Feb 06,, 18:34.
                    HD Ready?

Comment

The point is, at least they have a Shuttle in the first place.

And criticism of the F-15? The fighter jet with a kill ratio of infinity? Criticising Three Mile Island? Beginning with C, ending in L, hello?

The Americans have had their share of technical gaffes but, more often than not, they just pale in comparison to you-know-who.
                      Well I definately agree with you on the F-15 as a fighter it has a phenomenal combat record. There simply is nothing thats seen as much action and performed so well in air to air combat. It will likely be the gold standard all air superiority fighters are compared to in the future.

Comment

Not arguing largely with the poor general safety record, I still wonder, why are you posting images of the accident that happend in 2002, some 14 years after program was abandoned?
                        The thing is dead, those a decomposing corpses.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
                          Not arguing largely with the poor general safety record, I still wonder, why are you posting images of the accident that happend in 2002, some 14 years after program was abandoned?
                          Because it was funny. :)

Seriously, then why did you mention Challenger, which was back in 1986? Granted, Columbia disintegrated in 2003, but that only proves the point; at least the US has had a broadly successful Shuttle programme which manages to get manned Shuttles into the air on a largely regular basis. The Buran, in contrast...
                          Last edited by HistoricalDavid; 14 Feb 06,, 20:43.
                          HD Ready?

Comment

Because it was funny. :)

Seriously, then why did you mentioned Challenger, which was back in 1986? Granted, Columbia disintegrated in 2003, but that only proves the point; at least the US has had a broadly successful Shuttle programme which manages to get manned Shuttles into the air on a largely regular basis. The Buran, in contrast...
                            I think you should have explained it more then.

My opinion is that Shuttles (all) are too complicated and expensive to build and maintain even today for ANY country.

Maybe for some time it "was" a success, but all it's failures set the WHOLE space developmen back, by descrediting the reusable craft idea for the public.
                            Last edited by lurker; 14 Feb 06,, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
                              ...Maybe for some time it "was" a success, but all it's failures set the WHOLE space developmen back, by descrediting the reusable craft idea for the public.
                              I disagree. The real problem was that the shuttle was too successful. Launches became a mundane event, and people forgot just how dangerous manned space flight really is, no matter how you go about it.

What really delayed further development was this very success. The simple fact that the shuttle was doing the job meant that R&D monies went elsewhere.

The loss of the Challenger was not really a fault of the tanks, but of the politics of NASA. The engineers had warned of the dangers of launching in the very cold temps, but previous successes caused complacency at the decision-maker level. Good grief, there was a schoolteacher on board at the time. How complacent is that?

The shuttle was a good ship for it's time, it just happens to be long overdue for retirement. The replacement will leverage shuttle technologies into the next generation of vehicles (which could never have happened without first building shuttles). The next gen will also be reusable vehicles, so that idea is hardly discredited in the US.
                              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I just used to read space forums in time (and after) Columbia disaster.
                                Everybody was complaining that in will be difficult now to get financing for anything that looks like Shuttle.

p.s. What reusable crafts are you taking about? From what I've seen - for example about US new Moon programm, they all looks like oversized Apollo's.

Comment

Working...
                                X