X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highsea
    Who said anything about injuries??
    Hm.... I thought Special Olympics also included those who have been injured (like the loss of a limb, crippled, or something like that). Must be something else.

Comment

Back-off on the Special Olympics... I LIVE for the one-legged women's high jump...

And, to get myself in SERIOUS hot water with the PC crowd:

The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
        Back-off on the Special Olympics... I LIVE for the one-legged women's high jump...

And, to get myself in SERIOUS hot water with the PC crowd:

The pic isn't showing for some reason. ;)

Comment

With all those tall claims of the F-22, which flies no higher than an F-16 (50,000 ft.) I’d bet it would be as unsuccessful in intercepting the Mig-31, as it would with an SR-71. The Mig-25 and 31 fly at the edge of space and in the face of speeds close to Mach 3, penetrating at 70,000 ft the F-22s weapons would be as good as useless.

Furthermore the Russians couldn’t care less for stealth tech, they are sceptical of it, they can shoot it down with no problems. All kinds of Low-frequency anti-stealth radars can track LO aircraft easily and Russia has considerable quantities of older low-frequency radars they’re now integrating through the application of latest computer microprocessor technology, that drastically improves their performance to detect both Stealth and Non-stealth aircraft alike. The Mig-31’s Flash Dance Radar, using the same concept as the APQ-164 in the B-1B, whose planar array is comprised of several hundred electronically controlled phase shifter elements. By selectively controlling the phase shifts of individual elements, the beam can be shaped and steered in fractions of a second, specifically helps to engage multiple low RCS targets in clutter, by the electronically steered phased array antenna. So its highly possible that the Mig-31 would to detect the F-22 and if it doesn’t the Mig 1.44 will ultimately.

Comment

That’s why the Russians probably want more money wasted by the US for stealth technology, until their early bird (F-22) gets eaten first :P. It’s always typical of the Russians to be tight-lipped about their technology, they wait for the US to show off their “early bird” i.e. F-86 Sabre, F-4, F-16, F-15, etc, then they counter with their Mig-21s, Fulcrums, Flankers, Raptor Killers, etc. :P

To be honest, I don’t think the F-22 is a big deal, as compared with the Mig-1.44 flying at Mach 2.6 and 68,000 ft. Its like the ‘Titanicish’ ‘Even God can’t sink this ship’ attitude most ppl have with the “early bird” F-teen planes until a later Russian “F-teen Killer” pops up and gets it in the cross-hairs lol

The early bird always gets eaten first
            Last edited by Captain Drunk; 13 Jan 06,, 03:16.

Comment

CD: Those arguments were so BS (false, stupid, and did I say stupid?) that I'm not even wasting my time arguing with you. Oh well, if we have an idiot expert in the forum, maybe they can knock some sense into him.

Comment

That’s why the Russians probably want more money wasted by the US for stealth technology, until their early bird (F-22) gets eaten first :P. It’s always typical of the Russians to be tight-lipped about their technology, they wait for the US to show off their “early bird” i.e. F-86 Sabre, F-4, F-16, F-15, etc, then they counter with their Mig-21s, Fulcrums, Flankers, Raptor Killers, etc. :P
                lol I bet this guy is suffering from alcohol or testosterone poisoning.

Migs never faired well in combat against American planes.
                Last edited by longcat; 13 Jan 06,, 05:35.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePlisken
                  lol I bet this guy is suffering from alcohol or testosterone poisoning.

Migs never faired well in combat against American planes.
                  In Vietnam? we may ofcause say that americans pilots simply could not find enough migs to equalize the score but still on statistics they lost more aircraft and pilots to ait-to-air than Vietnamise.

In Korea? Here somebody can say that US pilots operating from further bases and thus had much less fuel left for combat dogfights but fact is that Russian pilots clearly scored more on their MiGs.

US pilots then did not meet pilots who matched them by adequacy of training. Now they are probably much better than most of Russian pilots (who flew on average 50 hours last year)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk

To be honest, I don’t think the F-22 is a big deal, as compared with the Mig-1.44 flying at Mach 2.6 and 68,000 ft. Its like the ‘Titanicish’ ‘Even God can’t sink this ship’ attitude most ppl have with the “early bird” F-teen planes until a later Russian “F-teen Killer” pops up and gets it in the cross-hairs lol

The early bird always gets eaten first
                    My suggestion...Stop drinking the bilge water
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Crap, I have not checked this thread in a while.

Anyway, what I was going to say was that the Mig-1.44 is not designed to be stealthy with RAM coating alone. It is supposed to feature either plasma cloud stealth or active radar cancellation. Plamsa stealth is very complex and will take many years to develope, while many military experts believe that active radar cancellation is very possible for Russia, Europe, and the US. With active radar cancellation its radar signature should be equal to that of a hockey puck.

Also, yes, there is a device on a few Russian radars that can detect stealth aircraft (that of the Mig-1.44 and the one slated for the Su-47). It only works proberly at 30,00 feet or higher. When it reads a non-stealth aircraft (Example: F-15) it will read it as normal. As you know stealth does not make an aircraft invisible to radar, just harder to see. If the radar finds an object that is too small to be an aircraft and moving over 500 kph the device feeds information to computers to amplify that object. Since no birds move at 500 kph it avoids small objects and birds, but if a small signature that was moving as fast as a jet it makes the signature bigger on radar. According to a few military experts it "Should be able to catch an F-22 with its pants down."

I must agree with captain drunk's post. When we spent a bundle on the F-4 we expected it to dominate anything the Russians could put up. In Veitnam they came face to face with the Mig-21, which could out climb, out run, and out turn the F-4. At that time we thought the russians weren't at our technology level. However, after the 70s the Russian began using a new method to design aircraft that involved stealing information about the newest US designs to make sure that their new aircraft had everything the US aircraft had and more. The Mig-29 was slightly based off the F-18 and the Su-27 was slightly based off the F-15. However, the Mig-29 and the Su-27 are better than their counterparts in capability. The Russian's method is just look at US weapons, expand on the idea, and then mix it with their own ideas. So far they have not fallen behind technologically.
                      Last edited by Insomniac; 13 Jan 06,, 18:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac

Anyway, what I was going to say was that the Mig-1.44 is not designed to be stealthy with RAM coating alone. It is supposed to feature either plasma cloud stealth or active radar cancellation. Plamsa stealth is very complex and will take many years to develope, while many military experts believe that active radar cancellation is very possible for Russia, Europe, and the US. With active radar cancellation its radar signature should be equal to that of a hockey puck.

Also, yes, there is a device on a few Russian radars that can detect stealth aircraft (that of the Mig-1.44 and the one slated for the Su-47). It only works proberly at 30,00 feet or higher. When it reads a non-stealth aircraft (Example: F-15) it will read it as normal. As you know stealth does not make an aircraft invisible to radar, just harder to see. If the radar finds an object that is too small to be an aircraft and moving over 500 kph the device feeds information to computers to amplify that object. Since no birds move at 500 kph it avoids small objects and birds, but if a small signature that was moving as fast as a jet it makes the signature bigger on radar. According to a few military experts it "Should be able to catch an F-22 with its pants down."

I must agree with captain drunk's post. When we spent a bundle on the F-4 we expected it to dominate anything the Russians could put up. In Veitnam they came face to face with the Mig-21, which could out climb, out run, and out turn the F-4. At that time we thought the russians weren't at our technology level. However, after the 70s the Russian began using a new method to design aircraft that involved stealing information about the newest US designs to make sure that their new aircraft had everything the US aircraft had and more. The Mig-29 was slightly based off the F-18 and the Su-27 was slightly based off the F-15. However, the Mig-29 and the Su-27 are better than their counterparts in capability. The Russian's method is just look at US weapons, expand on the idea, and then mix it with their own ideas. So far they have not fallen behind technologically.
                        And quality?
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
                          In Vietnam? we may ofcause say that americans pilots simply could not find enough migs to equalize the score but still on statistics they lost more aircraft and pilots to ait-to-air than Vietnamise.

In Korea? Here somebody can say that US pilots operating from further bases and thus had much less fuel left for combat dogfights but fact is that Russian pilots clearly scored more on their MiGs.

US pilots then did not meet pilots who matched them by adequacy of training. Now they are probably much better than most of Russian pilots (who flew on average 50 hours last year)
                          What are you talking about? Ever heard of the F-86 MiG-Killer?

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac

Do you read? I doubt so. You continue to base your information after nothing. Do you even know anything about plasma stealth? I doubt so. If you did you would have realised that plasma stealth is a fault. The shield around the airframe can't be maintained while flying. That's why you haven't seen anything forever. Also active radar cancellation won't work. Modern radars keep on switching wavelength constantly, so if a ARC system sends a radar wave back to the other radar, it won't be valid since the origional radar would've have switched frequency by then.

Prove it. Give me sources.

I'm pretty sure you don't read your facts any bit. Performance wise, the F-4 was superior to the MiG-21. The problem was that it wasn't as agile and didn't have a gun along with it's missiles were inaccurate. It had nothing to do with technology, in fact technologically, the F-4 was better than the MiG-21. Hence, why after receiving guns, the kill ratio for the F-4 went up, I believe. So your just telling me that Russians are unable to design their own designs? How pathetic. They have fallen behind in tech, they just steal to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
                              What are you talking about? Ever heard of the F-86 MiG-Killer?
                              Yeah, I've heard also about "Mig Alley". And "Black Thursday" and so on.
                              Last edited by lurker; 13 Jan 06,, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
                                Yeah, I've heard also about "Mig Alley". And "Black Thursday" and so on.
                                Yeah of I heard about those places. MiG Alley was a nice place to get yourself MiGs down. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X