Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highsea
    >>MMIC's DO have T/R modules built into each element
    so what? if they even had an embedded coffee machine :), they would still operate using a principle of phase shifting. And still they need a single signal source, unless you wanna generate a random white noise.

I realize, of course, that the use of MMIC's can optimize the power consumption, reduce the size etc.

BTW, can U give some info on what includes a T/R-element, not general words, like "it includes a lot of microchips'? I would assume, that such an element has a filtering amplifier and a di-pole. Anything more?

>>Russia does not have the ability to manufacture the MMIC's in quantity needed
    Why do you think, that russian chips MUST resemble those from the AESA systems? Also, I heard it from you a year ago, and that could be the case that time.
    Since then the situation couldv'e changed, especially in the light of PAK FA program reborn and contracts with indians.

>>PESA sets are not frequency agile, because the frequency is set by the TWT

hmmm, from what I've learned in the uni 10 years ago, TWTs can operate in the freq range of 0.3 - 300 GHz. Since than, the bandwidh became even wider.
    I spent 20 secs googling and found thins site: http://www.tmd.co.uk/instrumentation/index.asp. These are just general-use lamps. You can pick some of them to be used in the desried freq band. And those are 'civil'.

U think it's not enough for a radar? I'd say, highsea, you shall find another bottleneck, that prevents the PESA's from being frquency agile.

so, your argument
    >>PESA sets are jammable, by saturating the TWT.
    >>AESA sets are not nearly as jammable, because they are frequency agile and can use LPI modes.

that PESA's are more jammable than AESA needs some more research.

>>AESA is more reliable
    why?
    BTW, can you provide some info on radars' service lifespan? And any failure statictics on AESA/PESA/parabolic radars?

Comment

Working...
    X