• thanhtam110
    replied
    great hi2
    i have..
    cach giam beo

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    And Spielberg got his revenge because in part 2, that's just what Spielberg made Ford do against two sword wielding schmucks, after finding out his pistol was lost.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Indy's move is one of those rare common sense/realistic moments from Hollywood
    Trivia: that scene in Raiders was NOT originally scripted that way; Harrison Ford was supposed to disarm the swordsman with his whip, but he had a high fever the day they shot that scene and wanted to get it over with, so he just pulled out his (prop) gun and pretended to shoot him. Steven Speilberg liked it so much he left it in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Indy's move is one of those rare common sense/realistic moments from Hollywood

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Hehe, i was quite captivated by his knife fight with tommy lee in under siege 1, the blades were so small.

And then you realise the depth of this comment
    I always loved how Indy solves the situation (S2 post), then of course you have the Col's solution with hand grenades.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Master this first, then go Steven Seagal level
    Hehe, i was quite captivated by his knife fight with tommy lee in under siege 1, the blades were so small.

And then you realise the depth of this comment

Originally posted by NWM View Post
    Trust me, you can make ANYTHING look good against a pre-arranged single attack.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Mar 12,, 14:40.

Leave a comment:

• lemontree
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Somehow, I doubt any modified version of "The Way of the Intercepting Fist" is the best option of dealing with hand grenades.
    I agree with you sir.

The only unarmed combat taught to us in the commando course are:-

- sentry silencing (which is the most important thing that a commando needs to be taught).
    - disarming at guy with a knife.
    - disarming a guy with a rifle.

Martial arts as such is used as a dog and pony show to impress people on how many bricks can be broken and the likes during demos.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Somehow, I doubt any modified version of "The Way of the Intercepting Fist" is the best option of dealing with hand grenades.

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    Originally posted by Dago View Post
    Here is a SEAL hand to hand combat video

At the end of the video, there is alot of focus on footwork LOL.
    He is teaching a slightly modified version of Jeet Kune Do. Heck, besides the initial "boxing stance" I don't see much difference from Jeet Kune Do.
    And yes, footwork is a major portion of basic JKD. Nothing to lol at. If you can't coordinate your feet you're in trouble.

What I find curious is whether he is teaching his own version of unarmed combat, or are the SEALS really using JKD? I would lean towards the former, but I think this video intentionally gives the impression that it is the latter, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by chanjyj; 13 Mar 12,, 13:40.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    God gave us the hand grenade for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Since you are all in knife skills... at least this is useful in real life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RJF...ture=endscreen

Master this first, then go Steven Seagal level

Leave a comment:

• cyppok
    replied
    Mako is more interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGCJoTgsFI

More in-depth
    Last edited by cyppok; 13 Mar 12,, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    SEAL knife fighting. I believe this is from the Fulsom State school of martial arts. :)

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    I would rather spend my time honing my quick draw reflexes than on a knife fight or use moves that will give me time and space to use my gun or rifle. Practice rifle-butting a lot and quick drawing and I think you will be surprised how effective those will be.

Leave a comment:

• NWM
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Easy. Neither.

This is combat we're talking about. Not sport. Dress a guy in full body armour, put him in unfamiliar terrain in mud, sand, rocks, whatever and I will tell you who is going to win. The first guy who gets his primary weapon to discharge in the proper direction.
    Yes sir, you are correct of course. But I was talking about a somewhat narrower topic - where we suspend our disbelief for a moment and assume that the confrontations in the video may occur.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X