Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spetznaz video - knife training

Check this video out.

Do you agree with Spetznaz instructor's assertion that knife training is as important as shooting? I recall OOE saying that we don't have time to teach everything. Concentrate on shooting and tactics that would render the need for knife fighting obsolete.

I dunno man... bad ass... obviously he is an instructor, but I'd put money on this guy in hand to hand combat against a seal. he might be able to drop a seal pretty quick but who knows..
    sigpic

Comment

"...Concentrate on shooting and tactics that would render the need for knife fighting obsolete."

Hollywood agrees.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

He said close quarter combat is as important as shooting.He has a point.Israeli SOF and every CT unit worth it's name agree with.What they didn't showed is that Russians also use guns in this and not only as clubs or bayonet suppport.It's not about hands or knives,it's about being good with whatever is available.
        As for who will take down whom,that's childish.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Mihais Reply

"...Israeli SOF and every CT unit worth it's name agree with..."

Until you actually know the training curriculum behind various CT units it's terribly difficult to determine who's walking the walk and, more importantly, why. The video had a certain quality of self-promotion I find too-common among the Russians. Maybe its their audience. Maybe its their service. Maybe both. The macho quality never ceases to amuse.

Remember- "Those who know don't speak"
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

True that,Sir.However,searching an answer to the original question I found out that Hollywood can't make its mind.

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
              True that,Sir.However,searching an answer to the original question I found out that Hollywood can't make its mind.
              Mihais, Indy is the good guy, these fellas seem bad to me. You are not saying GRU are bad guys, are you?
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

How are these guys bad?These are the Mobile Infantry,mankind's best.And the book is way better than the movie.

Comment

How are these guys bad?These are the Mobile Infantry,mankind's best.And the book is way better than the movie.
                  Mhm... and they need knifes so the bugs wont nuke the humanity? :whome:
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Uh did I just read the subtitles wrong or did they really say that they don't teach defensive techniques in hand to hand training?...seems a little sloppy on their part to leave out an entire school of techniques.
                    "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                      Uh did I just read the subtitles wrong or did they really say that they don't teach defensive techniques in hand to hand training?...seems a little sloppy on their part to leave out an entire school of techniques.
                      Perhaps, the instructor believes that there is no time for defensive moves during a knife combat or hand to hand combat and that the best way to go is to go on offensive and force the guy to defend. As it is often said, "the best defense is a good offense." See comments of instructor re counter-moves and counter-attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                        You have less than 20 seconds to neutralize your opponent. Otherwise, his friends are going to jump you. Staying on the defensive is not going to get you under 20 seconds.

That being said, it's a whole lot easier calling in artillery than to go HTH.

Comment

Here is a SEAL hand to hand combat video

At the end of the video, there is alot of focus on footwork LOL.
                          sigpic

Comment

True that,Sir.
                            How am i to interpret your signature ?

It sounds like something similar i heard as a kid, empty vessels make the most sound.

but if those that know do not speak then how will anyone ever learn.

Its a fact on WAB that those who know speak the most, the ones that don't do not last very long :)

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              but if those that know do not speak then how will anyone ever learn.

Its a fact on WAB that those who know speak the most, the ones that don't do not last very long :)
                              The simple fact is that most of us don't know. Our experience gives an insight on some of the decision making but nothing about what decisions are to be made and why. Thus, the axiom holds true. Those who don't know spoke.

Comment

Working...
                              X