This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kato View Post
    Current German armored vehicles come with freaking toilets and running hot and cold water (no shower though - yet).
    No way!!!

Pics or it didn't happen...
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      Pics or it didn't happen...
      GTK Boxer. In introduction phase, four of these in Afghanistan right now.

Toilet. The green bag stored on the left has to be installed in it before use; both seat and bag can be installed in every seat in the troop compartment, and there's also a small partial curtain with the set in case you don't want to have your comrades watch you while doing it:

Water heater, complete with tap - actually they just used the same unit the British put in the Challenger:

The notion for the toilet is that in certain deployments you do not want to stop the vehicle to have the soldiers do their business on the roadside due to them having a good chance of ending up dead from mines, IEDs, small arms fire assaults.
      The water boiler is necessary because the new generation of German MREs needs hot water to become edible. The Brits use it for tea.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kato; 20 Oct 11,, 23:33.

Comment

Toilet. The green bag stored on the left has to be installed in it before use; both seat and bag can be installed in every seat in the troop compartment, and there's also a small partial curtain with the set in case you don't want to have your comrades watch you while doing it:
        [ATTACH]26921[/ATTACH]

Water heater, complete with tap - actually they just used the same unit the British put in the Challenger:

[ATTACH]26922[/ATTACH]

The notion for the toilet is that in certain deployments you do not want to stop the vehicle to have the soldiers do their business on the roadside due to them having a good chance of ending up dead from mines, IEDs, small arms fire assaults.
        The water boiler is necessary because the new generation of German MREs needs hot water to become edible. The Brits use it for tea.
        Now that's one RV I wouldn't mind having... It ain't the "party bus" but it sure is zombie proof.

Comment

Now that's one RV I wouldn't mind having... It ain't the "party bus" but it sure is zombie proof.
          Visions of the EM-50.

SFC Hulka would be proud!
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            Visions of the EM-50.

SFC Hulka would be proud!
            He was "the big toe."

Comment

Nice, I was thinking a cup holders for cans of soda and maybe even 2L bottles of coke...

For example, one of the criteria for me in a car is to have a cup holder big enough for at least a 32 oz. cup. Anything less is uncivilized.
              Funnily enough, the exterior compartment for six smoke grenades also perfectly fits six 1.5 liter bottles of Coke :Dancing-Banana:
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

[ATTACH]26921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26922[/ATTACH]

Jeez, what happened to putting a plastic bag inside your helmet and getting on with business? Soldiers are getting soft today, I tell ya...
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                  Jeez, what happened to putting a plastic bag inside your helmet and getting on with business? Soldiers are getting soft today, I tell ya...
                  What the hell's the deal with a the plastic bags? Just use a D handle shovel or E tool and let it rip!
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• When you're inside the tank and can't leave, I don't know how useful a shovel is gonna be. A plastic bag keeps everything in one place and can then be tied up and tossed out somewhere

Comment

• The bag also contains certain chemicals that immediately dehydrate the products and keep in the smell.

Comment

The Brits use it for tea.

Even in war we are civilised. Pass the cucumber sandwiches Jeeves :)

Comment

When you're inside the tank and can't leave, I don't know how useful a shovel is gonna be. A plastic bag keeps everything in one place and can then be tied up and tossed out somewhere
                          I can't think of a situation where I am locked into my tank for such a long period that I couldn't get out and do a shovel recce.

Comment

• There was a point in Lebanon where we could not leave the tank for 4 days and nights in a row. I don't care how strong your bowels are and how many Imodium pills you've popped, there's very few people I know can hold themselves from taking a poop for 96 hours straight.

Comment

There was a point in Lebanon where we could not leave the tank for 4 days and nights in a row. I don't care how strong your bowels are and how many Imodium pills you've popped, there's very few people I know can hold themselves from taking a poop for 96 hours straight.

Jeeez didnt ya have en'suite and cocktail lounge like the UK tanks , :tank: :mocan:

Comment

There was a point in Lebanon where we could not leave the tank for 4 days and nights in a row. I don't care how strong your bowels are and how many Imodium pills you've popped, there's very few people I know can hold themselves from taking a poop for 96 hours straight.
                                Using the rest of the Troop take up a turret down position to complete your admin. Locked up for 4 days must have meant you were all in a more desperate position than the enemy. I take it fumigation and inoculations were order of the day once you managed to escape.
                                Last edited by dave lukins; 22 Oct 11,, 00:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X