Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info: artillery casualties vs everything else

Good day folks

I'm involved in a discussion of what branch of the army caused more casualties during WWII: artillery, infantry or armor. Despite being a tank fan, I'm fully aware of the power of artillery (I believe it has been called the "king of battles"?), but I have very little hard information to back this up.

I remember seeing, 2-3 years ago, a site with information on casualty rates. Would anyone have a link for such a site and/or documentation I can show to the others?

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
    Good day folks

I'm involved in a discussion of what branch of the army caused more casualties during WWII: artillery, infantry or armor. Despite being a tank fan, I'm fully aware of the power of artillery (I believe it has been called the "king of battles"?), but I have very little hard information to back this up.

I remember seeing, 2-3 years ago, a site with information on casualty rates. Would anyone have a link for such a site and/or documentation I can show to the others?
    jlvfr,

AFAIK, 70% casualties were inflicted by the Artillery in WWII.
    Though I don't have any specific data on this, one may deduce the figures out of the total estimated casualty figure of roughly between 50-60 Million.
    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Working...
    X