Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Green, to tag along onto USN Missile Programs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Green, to tag along onto USN Missile Programs.

Specifically, SM-6 and current generation Tomahawks.
    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-a-strike-role

Big Green?
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      Big Green?
      You know. The Big Green Weenie

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

You know. The Big Green Weenie
        Big Green Weenie is a Jarhead thing.

The Army has been the Big Green Machine for like...ever. I joined in 1976 and we never used that phrase.
        Mark Twain

Comment

The MGM-140 ATACMS is not in production any longer, and it is being replaced by the sleeker Precision Strike Missile (PrSM). I don't see what advantages the SM-6 has in a land-to-land or land-to-surface role that the PrSM doesn't have. Similar range and speed, but the ATACMS/PrSM has a much larger warhead than the SM-6. Unless the PrSM doesn't have maritime targeting capability, and adapting the SM-6 is going to be cheaper.

Comment

What???? The Army doesn't have the Big Green Weenie?

How do you make life miserable for junior troops?

Comment

Originally posted by JA Boomer View Post
              The MGM-140 ATACMS is not in production any longer, and it is being replaced by the sleeker Precision Strike Missile (PrSM). I don't see what advantages the SM-6 has in a land-to-land or land-to-surface role that the PrSM doesn't have. Similar range and speed, but the ATACMS/PrSM has a much larger warhead than the SM-6. Unless the PrSM doesn't have maritime targeting capability, and adapting the SM-6 is going to be cheaper.
              Wonder if it's an all of the above menu option with the launcher loading the appropriate pod depending on mission.

And precision allows warhead size to decrease.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                What???? The Army doesn't have the Big Green Weenie?

How do you make life miserable for junior troops?
                Been awhile since I was one but I think the last 20 years have made for a whole new set of Joe words to be used in its place.
                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X