Good books on Israeli History.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good books on Israeli History.

I am looking for good books on Israeli History, from 1940 up to now. Due to the incessant Israeli-Arab conflicts, many books have been written from the viewpoint of one side or the other and it's very difficult to find objective authors. I would appreciate it if all you esteemed members could point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Originally posted by MIKEMUN View Post
    I am looking for good books on Israeli History, from 1940 up to now. Due to the incessant Israeli-Arab conflicts, many books have been written from the viewpoint of one side or the other and it's very difficult to find objective authors. I would appreciate it if all you esteemed members could point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Treacherous Alliance by Trita Parsi is a great book IMO. It's very well researched dealing primarily with the time frame you mentioned. It covers the history of interactions between Israel, Iran, and the US. Pretty eye opening.
    "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Thanks mate. Will check it out.
      "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Only book I've read (so far) that deals with Israel's history (before it was actually Israel) is Barbara Tuchman's Bible And Sword; good read on Israel's "pre-history", if you will.
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel
          this one is good

Comment

Working...
          X