This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude!!!!

I don't have enough beer in the house to go through all of this!!!

You need to warn us!!!!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

There's something that puzzles me about the US Dept of State. It should go back to US history. If this unit is to do with foreign affairs, why is it called Department of State?
      Last edited by Merlin; 15 Mar 09,, 08:01.

Comment

A.R. Reply

"I don't have enough beer in the house to go through all of this!!!"

You don't have enough livers to go though all this.:))
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
          There's something that puzzles me about the US Dept of State. It should go back to US history. If this unit is to do with foreign affairs, why is it called Department of State?
          It deals with US relations with other states. Singapore is a state. The UK is a state. China is a state. And so on...
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

In looking over the "countries" data, I find that there are a lot of missing entries.

TAIWAN seems to be one prominent example. (I have several Taiwanese friends, and they quickly brought this to my attention.)

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Comment

Originally posted by qnextt View Post
              In looking over the "countries" data, I find that there are a lot of missing entries.

TAIWAN seems to be one prominent example. (I have several Taiwanese friends, and they quickly brought this to my attention.)

Does anyone have any insight into this?
              This probably has something to do with it:

Establishment of Diplomatic Relations with PRC/Termination of Diplomatic Relations with the Republic of China, 1979.
              On January 1, 1979, the United States recognized the PRC and established diplomatic relations with it as the sole legitimate government of China. On the same day, the United States withdrew its recognition of, and terminated diplomatic relations with, the Republic of China as the government of China.

Closing of U.S. Embassy at Taipei, 1979.
              The U.S. embassy in Taipei was closed on February 28, 1979.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Oh the kittens.....
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Meow. Never was fond of cats anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X