This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Of The Historian Of The U.S. Dept. Of State

This may prove an extremely useful link. I'm only now exploring this website but would encourage a mod to "sticky" this long enough to assure decent awareness. I can't wait and, inexplicably, assigned a detailed documentation of history to our military but not here. Evidently, that's not the case.

Office Of The Historian Of The U.S. Dept. Of State

Needless to say, I can't wait to stop by the C.I.A., D.I.A., F.B.I. and best- N.S.A. to see what their historians are prepared to make available.
    Last edited by S2; 12 Mar 09,, 23:51.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
    but would encourage a mod to "sticky" this long enough to assure decent awareness.
    Done
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Parihaka Reply

Blessings, sir.:)
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Great link S2.

I am like a kid in a candy store right now :). I hope these documents will answer many questions that have been argued over on this board without any answers.

Let me post the first interesting set of documents
        Foreign Relations, 1961-1963 Arms Control and Disarmament

These documents reveal the dilemma faced by Kennedy administration on how to manage the world perception before and after nuclear tests.

Comment

tinymarae Reply

"I am like a kid in a candy store right now"

Yeah, well, it just gets better. They've soooo much stuff right now in various stages of completion (declassifying to final editing) that it's beyond belief.

Lot of really interesting stuff isn't there yet but I'm again amazed at my nation's forthright, earnest, and transparent revelations of ourselves. Much of these issues remain relevant now and have implications to some degree. That clearly explains the de-classification issues.

Unlike wars, good diplomacy protracts unresolvable issues and seeks neutralization or destruction of the enemy through terminal boredom.:)

Comment

Ooooh! Ooooh! Oooooh!

http://history.state.gov/milestones/...chIntervention
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Nice find Steve. It should keep me busy for a few hours a day;)

Comment

Lukins Reply

Well you're clearly a cerebral man, captain. I appreciate and commend your interest in my nation's diplomatic and foreign policy history.

Now it's got me wondering if the Foreign Office has anything similar? THAT would be rich and likely keep an army of historians busy compiling. OTOH, I hesitate on such a thought when trying to squeeze every lb sterling for the troops downrange.

Comment

A.R. Reply

"Ooooh! Ooooh! Oooooh!"

Found something of mild peripheral interest, have you?

It's paying immediate dividends.:))

Comment

Other Historical Links

DO NOT pass THIS.

Entirely new worlds shall unfold...

Comment

Steve,

I hate you. What's more, my wife hates you.

Comment

OoE Reply

Colonel,

"I hate you. What's more, my wife hates you."

I'm, indeed, pained sir.;)

Still, mine is a lonely burden-casting light into the shadows thus lifting the veils of secrecy.

Colonel, I am S-2. It cannot be otherwise. Reverse the water and make it flow uphill.

That would be easier.:))

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                          Colonel, I am S-2. It cannot be otherwise. Reverse the water and make it flow uphill.

That would be easier.:))
                          That's it? Steve, I'm an Engineer, ie a Latrineer. Just let me prime the pump.

Comment

i´m still looking for the top-secret agreement on paper, where US agreed not to expand NATO into east :)
                            If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

OoE Reply

Colonel,

"I'm an Engineer, ie a Latrineer. Just let me prime the pump."

And that's why I'm a captain and you a colonel, sir.:))

Outstanding retort for which I'm, for once, speechless if not silent. Nothing like being able to make sh!t flow uphill. That's God-like.

Advise your wife, sir, that absence makes the heart more fond. Beyond that I can't be of help and rue complicating your life so with my modest contributions here.

My humble apologies to both her and you, sir.:))

Comment

Working...
                              X