No announcement yet.

British Ambassador expelled from Tehran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2 do you have something of import to add once you are done Net etiquette policing (which is appreciated)?

Comment

The most recent round of sanctions on Iran were agreed and implemented by Britain, Canada and the US. The US has no Embassy in Tehran and Canada only has a Charge D'Affairs so I suppose we were the logical choice. The Canadians have decided to keep their Embassy open though. See Canada's embassy in Tehran to remain open- Politics - Canoe.ca where there is also good graph of Iranian oil exports.

To my mind it makes sense sort out Syria first as this would reduce Hezbollah supply line and protect N.Israel but I am not sure how the time line is on a Iranian nuke which may need more urgent measures.
      Last edited by snapper; 03 Dec 11,, 06:52.

Comment

'Anti-UK protest not organized by Iran'

Fri Dec 2, 2011 5:38PM GMT

"Despite British allegations that Iranian authorities had organized Tuesday's protests outside the UK Embassy in Tehran, US Vice President Joe Biden says there is no such indication.

“I don't have any indication how and or if it (the protests) was orchestrated,” Biden told Reuters on Thursday. "

PressTV - 'Anti-UK protest not organized by Iran'

Comment

Mullahs 1-US 0
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

UK sanctions have no effect on Iran trade

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:33PM GMT

Governor of the Islamic Republic of Iran Customs Administration says recent unilateral sanctions imposed by Britain on Iran's banking and financial sector will have no effect on the country's overall trade volume.

Abbas Me'marnejad further said on Tuesday that during the first eight months of the current Iranian year (Starting from March 21), Iran has only imported USD 117.4 million of goods from Britain, Mehr News Agency reported.

“Therefore, in view of the total amount of Iran's imports during the same period, which stands at USD 39.7 billion, [imports from the UK] accounts for only 0.3 percent [of Iran's total imports],” he said, adding that the UK ranks 29th among Iran's trade partners.

The official went on to say that Iran's non-oil exports to Britain have added up to USD 20 million during the same months.

Since Iran's non-oil exports totaled USD 27.4 billion [in that period], the share of this country [Britain] from Iran's non-oil exports stands at 0.07 percent,” he added.

Me'marnejad concluded that Britain is 51st among Iran's foreign trade partners in the area of non-oil exports.

Britain imposed new sanctions on Iran's banking system and energy sector after Director General of International Atomic Energy Agency, Yukiya Amano, released his latest report on November 8, accusing Iran of pursuing a clandestine nuclear weapons program.

Chancellor of the Exchequer of the United Kingdom George Osborne said on Monday, November 21, that the White Hall was terminating all contacts between the UK's financial system and the Iranian banking system.

Speaking through a statement, he said, "All UK credit and financial institutions are required to cease business relationships and transactions with all Iranian banks, including the Central Bank of Iran.”

Washington also imposed new sanctions on Iran's oil and petrochemical industry and the Iranian companies supplying Tehran's nuclear program on the same day.

The new unilateral measures came after a failed attempt by the US and its allies to take Iran's case to the UN Security Council.

PressTV - UK sanctions have no effect on Iran trade

Comment

Just to get the facts right about the title of this thread: The Bitish Ambassador was expelled by a vote in Irans Parliament, however this was never confirmed by the Supreme Ayatollah. After the looting of our Embassy we withdrew the Ambassador and his staff. We also expelled their Ambassador and his staff. I didn't understand these niceties and apologise.

To be quite honest I am tired of pussy footing around with Iran and waiting for the 'Green Movement' to do something. They HAVE a nuclear programme, get over your reports from people who haven't been given full access that fudge the issue. It's a FACT. They are breaking the agreements they have made in this regard and threatening their neighbours and our allies. They are repressing their own people in absolutely absurd ways (water fights are western imperialist inspired etc etc). They have a proclaimed policy of destroying another country. To top it off they won't let even me in! Let's find out how good these clerics are at war.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                Let's find out how good these clerics are at war.

They will be like all politico's , shout n gob off :grump: , sit back and watch , they wont be getting blood on their hands (literately) and when they get their arses kicked , and they will ,,they may understand that their gods aint that cool after all ;)

Comment

Just to get the facts right about the title of this thread: The Bitish Ambassador was expelled by a vote in Irans Parliament, however this was never confirmed by the Supreme Ayatollah.
                  It was passed within a day or two, such speed of delivery can only come from a direction from the very top.

After the looting of our Embassy we withdrew the Ambassador and his staff. We also expelled their Ambassador and his staff. I didn't understand these niceties and apologise.
                  you still retain a charge d'affairs.

To be quite honest I am tired of pussy footing around with Iran and waiting for the 'Green Movement' to do something. They HAVE a nuclear programme, get over your reports from people who haven't been given full access that fudge the issue. It's a FACT. They are breaking the agreements they have made in this regard and threatening their neighbours and our allies. They are repressing their own people in absolutely absurd ways (water fights are western imperialist inspired etc etc). They have a proclaimed policy of destroying another country. To top it off they won't let even me in! Let's find out how good these clerics are at war.
                  Lets see how the sanction work out, whether more countries can be drawn in.

If OPEC can make up the shortfall (2.2M bbls/day), that takes away Asian countries reasons to hold out. Am posting that pic from your canoe link for reference here.

Comment

I would be curious to find out what Iran Imports and from where.

IIRC, Imports from EU are 15-20% and China came third after EU and UAE. Those 3 were making 50% of Iranan imports.

Cut that and they have shortages of refined oil, machine parts and food.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      I would be curious to find out what Iran Imports and from where.

IIRC, Imports from EU are 15-20% and China came third after EU and UAE. Those 3 were making 50% of Iranan imports.

Cut that and they have shortages of refined oil, machine parts and food.
                      Iran still must ship out major amounts of crude to be refined into gasoline and then returned as a finished product.

Notice the US isint on that list.....Its because we already stole all the oil from Quwait,Iraq and Afghanistan as well as Libya just like the yammering uneducated idiots say we did and we went to war for. We dont need anymore.
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        Notice the US isint on that list.....Its because we already stole all the oil from Quwait,Iraq and Afghanistan as well as Libya just like the yammering uneducated idiots say we did and we went to war for. We dont need anymore.
                        Google for Afghan oil production yields: Facts and statistics about the Oil - production of Afghanistan. Updated as of 2011. ... Oil - production: 0 bbl/day (2010 est.)

I assume you're being facetious otherwise.:)

We import more oil from Canada than we do from all the Persian Gulf countries combined and that includes Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and and Iraq.

U.S. Crude Oil Imports
                        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

[rant]
                          Yanks get your facts straight

Iraq was oil
                          A-stan was drugs (for CIA fundings)
                          Libya was helping your allies who helped you with previous two (they need oil, too)

Oh, and Canada's oil five years from now is going to China. All of it.

don't you read?

Still no idea what Kosovo and Bosnia were about

[/rant]
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Who does?

But I hear Kosovo had some mineral(can't remember which) and there's also the largest base outside US built there.There you go.
                            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                              Who does?

But I hear Kosovo had some mineral(can't remember which) and there's also the largest base outside US built there.There you go.

You mean the Bondsteel mines.

Camp Bondsteel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Yes.But I forgot to add the sarcasm emoticon the first time,while trying to imitate the average idiots telling ''secrets'' to one another.Really,the amount of BS people tend to believe is incredible.I guess it's true everywhere in the world and I have to live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X