X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray
    replied
    He has been executed yesterday.

His mercy plea to the President, the last resort having gone through the various levels of courts that took 4 years.

Rs 50 crores were spent on him.

He was also given food that he so desired which was not as applicable to other Indian prisoners!

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Originally posted by axeman View Post
    The court has already rejected his juvenile claim. Apparently he claimed he was 21+ when he was first detained/arrested.
    In case he is convicted, he will have multiple avenues for appealing that ruling, and that would be enough to turn a death sentence to lifelong imprisonment.

Originally posted by axeman View Post
    In any case, there is no way in hell that he will be let off. I'm just afraid that he'll be allowed to live with his food & medical bills credited to the tax payer (like poor, devout and "innocent" Afzal Guru). Hopefully, he'll meet an untimely death in his prison cell.
    I would be willing to fund his existence right upto the hangman with taxpayer's money. In fact it would be a pleasure and privilege to do so.

Leave a comment:

• axeman
    replied
    Originally posted by antimony View Post
    Police confessions (excepts for those booked under POTO) are usually inadmissibe ina court of law, with good reason.

Unless they reform the Police Act and associated codes of criminal procedure, I do not see any reason to think otherwise. However, in this case, his photo might do him in.

I think the juvenile argument might also be a strong one, and I can't think of anything to refute it, unless there is some way to medically determine age
    The court has already rejected his juvenile claim. Apparently he claimed he was 21+ when he was first detained/arrested.
    In any case, there is no way in hell that he will be let off. I'm just afraid that he'll be allowed to live with his food & medical bills credited to the tax payer (like poor, devout and "innocent" Afzal Guru). Hopefully, he'll meet an untimely death in his prison cell.

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Originally posted by Yusuf View Post
    Well thats the first thing any criminal does. Withdraws his confession as taken under duress. But the pictures of him released during his captivity shows him hale and hearty.
    Police confessions (excepts for those booked under POTO) are usually inadmissibe ina court of law, with good reason.

Unless they reform the Police Act and associated codes of criminal procedure, I do not see any reason to think otherwise. However, in this case, his photo might do him in.

I think the juvenile argument might also be a strong one, and I can't think of anything to refute it, unless there is some way to medically determine age

Leave a comment:

• Tronic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercenary View Post
    by killing brits/americans/israelis ? ..if that was the case then LeT has some mighty good "brainwashers" in their ranks... and now it makes sense..considering that they were stupid enough to believe that they can get away after such an attack..
    Most are poor village kids who did not have the luxury to study in good schools like the rest of us here. They have no strong foundation to teach them to think for themselves, hence, you can educate them from the ground up to believe anything. It is also the one reason, terror organizations recruit such pawns from poor rural villages.

Leave a comment:

• Mercenary
    replied
    Originally posted by Tronic View Post
    he was waging war to capture Kashmir.

by killing brits/americans/israelis ? ..if that was the case then LeT has some mighty good "brainwashers" in their ranks... and now it makes sense..considering that they were stupid enough to believe that they can get away after such an attack..

Leave a comment:

• Tronic
    replied
    26/11 and Kashmir

I think all here have missed the point. The prosecution was giving Kasab's point of view; of what he was brainwashed to do. In his mind, he was not merely attacking Mumbai, he was waging war to capture Kashmir. And the brainwashing aspect of these Mufsidun is seldom logical.

Leave a comment:

• Mercenary
    replied
    yup..I dont'; see the Kashmir-mumbai link either - especially considering that they were after the Americans/Brits and Israelis.. maybe he was "coaxed" so far that..an inch more and he would've owned-up on the 911 operation too

but make no mistake..he isn't pleading innocent to the attack... but I don't see 26/11 connected to "the grand scheme of things"(Kashmir)..it was just lashkar's way of grabbing attention

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    Originally posted by ar15t0tle View Post
    Merlin, let us know what are your views on Quasab.
    I'm not following this very closely, just here and there on the international news.

From what I can gather now, I tend to agree he and the others were trained and sent from a Pakistan group, possibly LeT, hoping to destabilise India. I can't say for sure whether ISI was involved. But even if it is, I doubt if Zadari has much control over ISI and influence over its activities.
    Last edited by Merlin; 18 Apr 09,, 14:28.

Leave a comment:

• ar15t0tle
    replied
    Originally posted by Merlin View Post
    This is an issue that people are not sure. How much of confessions made under torture can really be trusted?
    Merlin, let us know what are your views on Quasab.

Leave a comment:

• n21
    replied
    Originally posted by Merlin View Post
    This is an issue that people are not sure. How much of confessions made under torture can really be trusted?
    Well it is easy to collaborate to what he as said. The entire conversation of the terrorist with their handlers was recorded.

Basically they were using a sim card provided by a under cover Indian Intel operative. They were montoring the number.

Also US intel has more or less confirmed what India has been saying.

Leave a comment:

• Yusuf
    replied
    But then we are not sure if the confession was made during torture. We all know that there was a narco-analysis on him. That is not torture.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yusuf
    replied
    Well thats the first thing any criminal does. Withdraws his confession as taken under duress. But the pictures of him released during his captivity shows him hale and hearty.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    He has since asked the court to withdraw his confession made under torture, see below.

Mumbai terror attack suspect withdraws confession over torture claim

Apr 18, 2009 THE sole surviving suspect in the Mumbai terror attacks trial yesterday withdrew his confession.

His lawyer said Mohammed Ajmal Amir Qasab had been tortured into admitting his part in the massacre. The prosecution had read out his confession as the trial began and accused him of killing 166 people.

Prosecutor Ujwal Nikam said this was a conspiracy hatched in Pakistan to wage war on India.

The attackers were told to kill American, British and Israeli nationals as they had caused harm to Muslims, Mr Nikam said. ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X