No announcement yet.

Authorization to award medal of honor to sergeant first class alwyn c. Cashe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authorization to award medal of honor to sergeant first class alwyn c. Cashe

An injustice is being fixed

With Unanimous Consent AUTHORIZATION TO AWARD MEDAL OF HONOR TO SERGEANT FIRST CLASS ALWYN C. CASHE FOR ACTS OF VALOR DURING OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM

https://www.congress.gov/congression...rticle/H4705-1

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

It is good to see action being taken.

Even if there are no conflicting or delaying issues, and the award is fast tracked, in general the current length of time between action and award seems excessive. Especially for the Medal of Honor or any of the Service Crosses. It took approximately seven months (Date of action Oct 42 - Date of award presentation May 43) for the process to work in the case of John Basilone. I suppose there are many reasons it gets so elongated. Expansions of levels of command being perhaps the biggest one.

Comment

Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post
      It is good to see action being taken.

Even if there are no conflicting or delaying issues, and the award is fast tracked, in general the current length of time between action and award seems excessive. Especially for the Medal of Honor or any of the Service Crosses. It took approximately seven months (Date of action Oct 42 - Date of award presentation May 43) for the process to work in the case of John Basilone. I suppose there are many reasons it gets so elongated. Expansions of levels of command being perhaps the biggest one.
      Early in World War 2 we were desperate for heroes to show folks at home that things were going well. Butch O'Hare would have gotten a Distinguished Flying Cross if he had done his 5 plane shoot down in 1944...which is what my uncle got in the fall of that year for that feat. So time frames were compressed.

With no doubt this is a gross oversight for PSG Cashe. You may recall about 2 years ago DOD reviewed and upgraded/downgraded a crap ton of OIF/OEF Valor Awards. My nephew had his SSM upgraded to DSC based on actions he took as an EOD trooper. Hopefully awards for valor can get straight soon.

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X