The Writing Was on the Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Writing Was on the Wall

Two Palestinian gunmen from East Jerusalem entered a synagogue in Har Nof and began shooting and hacking at the Jews praying there, killing 4. The writing was on the wall.

When a Palestinian ran over a group of people at one of Jerusalem's light rail stations, killing 2, including a 3 month old infant, the writing was on the wall. When Palestinians were rioting in Jerusalem and across the country, trying to lynch Jews, the writing was on the wall. When Yehuda Glick was shot in the heart of Jerusalem, for wanting nothing more than to ascend the holiest place in Judaism, without breaking the vaunted "status-quo" by praying, the writing was on the wall. When another Palestinian again ran over a group of people at another of Jerusalem's light rail stations, killing 2, the writing was on the wall. When a soldier was stabbed to death in one of Tel Aviv's train stations, the writing was on the wall. When a Palestinian man stabbed three in Gush Etzion, killing one of them, meters from where Eyal, Gilad and Naftali were kidnapped, the writing was on the wall. For nearly a month, Israel has seen an uprising in Palestinian terror against Israeli citizens, and in each and every instance, the writing was on the wall, that these weren't random attacks, but were the result of a concentrated Palestinian campaign of terror.

During the same time, Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian Authority and Hamas have been doing all they can to support and promote these acts of terrorism, by calling for the Jews to leave Jerusalem, declaring support for attacks on Jews, and by sending official condolence letters to the families of terrorists killed during their cowardly attacks. Once again, the writing is on the wall, but people refuse to see it for what it really is: The Palestinians do not want peace. The actions by Abbas and the Palestinian Authority are not the actions of a partner in peace, but bring to mind the actions of that most treacherous of Palestinian leaders, Yasser Arafat, under whom thousands of Jews were killed and injured. Barack Obama, John Kerry, Federica Mogherini of the EU and all others who would seek to pressure Israel into making some form of deal with the Palestinians had best wake up and learn to read the writing on the wall. Until the Palestinians end their hatred, their incitement and their explicit support of terrorism and more Israeli and Jewish deaths, there will never be peace.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Reading it now on the BBC , saddened , RIP

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

When the IDF shot Palestinian teens in the back in front of a camera crew the writing was on the wall. When Israelis kidnapped, beat and torched a teen the writing was on the wall. When Bibi expanded settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem the writing was on the wall. When Israel announced it was forcing Bedouins into ghettos in order to free up room for more settlements the writing was on the wall. When settlers ran over Palestinians, or shot them, or poisoned wells, torched orchards... the writing was on the wall. When Israeli terrorists attacked and lynched a bus driver the writing was on the wall. When Yusef a-Shawamreh a 14yo boy was shot for foraging for edible plants the writing was on the wall. When Israel used skunk trucks to close Palestinian schools in Jerusalem denying 4500 kids an education the writing was on the wall. When Israel refuses to demolish the homes of right wing jewish terrorist the writing was on the wall. During all this Israeli leaders have been supporting, protecting and shielding right wing Israelis and using the force of the state to impose violence and oppression. Until the Israelis end their hatred, their incitement and their explicit support of terrorism and more Palestinian maiming and deaths, there will never be peace. Israel does not want peace, they want piece- a piece of this, a piece of that until there is no room for a Palestine. Until Israel recognizes that the Palestinians are people too and stops preaching hate and incitement and stops supporting a system of Apartheid there will never be peace. Two states for two peoples= peace.

I'm sorry 4 rabbis and a police officer were murdered, I'm also sorry so many Palestinians are killed and deprived, the violence is a two way street.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          Two Palestinian gunmen from East Jerusalem entered a synagogue in Har Nof and began shooting and hacking at the Jews praying there, killing 4.
          Sad

These people do not want to join the army and have nothing to do with the enduring turmoil and yet were attacked.

During the same time, Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian Authority and Hamas have been doing all they can to support and promote these acts of terrorism, by calling for the Jews to leave Jerusalem, declaring support for attacks on Jews, and by sending official condolence letters to the families of terrorists killed during their cowardly attacks.
          Abbas condemned the attack and threw in some politicking, Hamas however...they're the ones.

it makes me think that if Israel ignored Hamas, they'd die. What good are they if they can't show suffering under Israelis. Easier said than done.

Barack Obama, John Kerry, Federica Mogherini of the EU and all others who would seek to pressure Israel into making some form of deal with the Palestinians had best wake up and learn to read the writing on the wall. Until the Palestinians end their hatred, their incitement and their explicit support of terrorism and more Israeli and Jewish deaths, there will never be peace.
          How to reach a point of stability without reconciliation. Its a challenge in my part of the world as well.

Think Taiwan.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Nov 14,, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            When the IDF shot Palestinian teens in the back in front of a camera crew the writing was on the wall. When Israelis kidnapped, beat and torched a teen the writing was on the wall. When Bibi expanded settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem the writing was on the wall. When Israel announced it was forcing Bedouins into ghettos in order to free up room for more settlements the writing was on the wall. When settlers ran over Palestinians, or shot them, or poisoned wells, torched orchards... the writing was on the wall. When Israeli terrorists attacked and lynched a bus driver the writing was on the wall. When Yusef a-Shawamreh a 14yo boy was shot for foraging for edible plants the writing was on the wall. When Israel used skunk trucks to close Palestinian schools in Jerusalem denying 4500 kids an education the writing was on the wall. When Israel refuses to demolish the homes of right wing jewish terrorist the writing was on the wall. During all this Israeli leaders have been supporting, protecting and shielding right wing Israelis and using the force of the state to impose violence and oppression. Until the Israelis end their hatred, their incitement and their explicit support of terrorism and more Palestinian maiming and deaths, there will never be peace. Israel does not want peace, they want piece- a piece of this, a piece of that until there is no room for a Palestine. Until Israel recognizes that the Palestinians are people too and stops preaching hate and incitement and stops supporting a system of Apartheid there will never be peace. Two states for two peoples= peace.

I'm sorry 4 rabbis and a police officer were murdered, I'm also sorry so many Palestinians are killed and deprived, the violence is a two way street.
            How far back should we go with this tit-for-tat violence? You hit me. I hit you. You hit me back. I'll get you tomorrow....etc.

Let's ask some simple questions:

1. Are the Israelis willing to leave the Arabs (not just Palestinians) alone?
            2. Are the Arabs willing to leave the Israelis alone?
            3. Are the Palestinians willing to leave Israelis alone?
            4. Who rules Gaza and what is their charter?
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              How far back should we go with this tit-for-tat violence? You hit me. I hit you. You hit me back. I'll get you tomorrow....etc.
              In the context of the current crisis the problems stem from the 1967 Occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

Let's ask some simple questions:

1. Are the Israelis willing to leave the Arabs (not just Palestinians) alone?
              Doubtful given the track record, seems Israel is going to bomb Syria or Lebanon at least once a year.

2. Are the Arabs willing to leave the Israelis alone?
              They have for decades now

3. Are the Palestinians willing to leave Israelis alone?
              The ones headed by Abbas said yup, just leave us and our land alone in return.

4. Who rules Gaza and what is their charter?
              Do you really want to get into charters given the number of right wing groups Bibi depends on who are calling for genocide and Israel for Jews only?

To that lets add the obvious questions you left out

1. Will the Israelis leave the Palestinians alone?

2. Will Israel share the water?

3. Will Israel abide by its own and international law?

4. Will Israel destroy the homes of Jewish terrorists?

5. Will Israel stop forcing Palestinians in to ever smaller and smaller areas?

6. Will Israel ever get serious about stopping right wing terror attacks in the West Bank and East Jerusalem

If past is prologue the answer is no.

Comment

In the context of the current crisis the problems stem from the 1967 Occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
                You mean under the Jordanians the Palestinians were enjoying a free Palestinian state pre-1967?

They have for decades now
                What is your definition of leaving them alone?

1. Will the Israelis leave the Palestinians alone?
                The Palestinians keep calling the IDF back with their actions.

2. Will Israel share the water?
                Peaceful talks and negotiation will help? The Jordanians are sharing water with Israel.
                Why aren't the Syrians and Jordanians helping their Pal friends with water?

3. Will Israel abide by its own and international law?
                They are more than willing to abide by their law, if they are not repeatedly pushed to hit back.

4. Will Israel destroy the homes of Jewish terrorists?
                Your mean settlers are "terrorists"?
                At best you can call them squatters, but "terrorists"...seriously?

5. Will Israel stop forcing Palestinians in to ever smaller and smaller areas?
                What have the Palestinians managed with what they have in the West Bank and Gaza?

6. Will Israel ever get serious about stopping right wing terror attacks in the West Bank and East Jerusalem
                When the Palestinians stop their venom against the Israelis, so will it stop from the Israeli right wing side.

Is must be a damn shame for the 1 million strong Arab army (of 7 Arab nations) of 1948 that failed to push back 600k Israeli population into the sea!

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Israel does not want peace, they want piece- a piece of this, a piece of that until there is no room for a Palestine.
                  Like this, right? I assume that's what you're referring to?

Attached Files
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                    You mean under the Jordanians the Palestinians were enjoying a free Palestinian state pre-1967?
                    The Jordanian annexation was just as illegal

What is your definition of leaving them alone?
                    There is a formal peace with Jordan and Egypt, the Gulf Arabs are not funding wars on Israel, Saddam is dead and all of the recent international violence has been from Israel not towards it.

The Palestinians keep calling the IDF back with their actions.
                    Dissagree, there was peace in the WB/EJ for years and all the Pals got was more settlement construction and endless harassment by the IDF and settlers

Peaceful talks and negotiation will help? The Jordanians are sharing water with Israel.
                    Why aren't the Syrians and Jordanians helping their Pal friends with water?
                    The treaty is between Jordan and Israel and Israel has control of the area its Israel's responsibility.

They are more than willing to abide by their law, if they are not repeatedly pushed to hit back.
                    No they are not, they are in gross violation of multiple treaties they are party to.

Your mean settlers are "terrorists"?
                    No, I mean right wing Israelis who engage in acts of violence against Palestinians.

At best you can call them squatters, but "terrorists"...seriously?
                    shootings, well poisonings, running people over, fire bomb attacks, lynchings, destroying orchards.... I'm not talking about squatters but about acts of violence.

What have the Palestinians managed with what they have in the West Bank and Gaza?
                    West Bank economy was improving despite Israeli actions, Gaza is a cluster, kinda hard to build a working economy when you are subject to blockade.

When the Palestinians stop their venom against the Israelis, so will it stop from the Israeli right wing side.
                    Nope, other way around, its not the Pals pushing Jews into ghettos in order to take more land.

Is must be a damn shame for the 1 million strong Arab army (of 7 Arab nations) of 1948 that failed to push back 600k Israeli population into the sea!
                    has nothing to do with whats going on today in the WB/EJ. The PA recognized Israel and met every condition Israel set for Egypt and Jordan. The reason there is not two states is Israel does not want two states. They want Palestinian land on one hand, and cheap labor on the other.

Top, no I was referring to the never ending settlement construction. But hey if you equate Israeli actions with your pic, that is on you.

Comment

Top, no I was referring to the never ending settlement construction. But hey if you equate Israeli actions with your pic, that is on you.
                      No, I was referring to your quote, the one I posted, not Israeli actions. But apparently posting your direct quote directly above my question wasn't clear enough for you?
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                        No, I was referring to your quote, the one I posted, not Israeli actions. But apparently posting your direct quote directly above my question wasn't clear enough for you?
                        Like I said, I was talking about settlement expansion, not sure where you got the pic from but its symbolism you picked not me.

Comment

Like I said, I was talking about settlement expansion, not sure where you got the pic from but its symbolism you picked not me.
                          Your comment. "Israel does not want peace, they want piece- a piece of this, a piece of that"

You've never seen that movie then?

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            Your comment. "Israel does not want peace, they want piece- a piece of this, a piece of that"

You've never seen that movie then?
                            I even Googled the phrase trying to figure out what you are talking about.

Comment

I even Googled the phrase trying to figure out what you are talking about.
                              My mistake then.

Comment

Working...
                              X