Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inside the Saudi prisons where terrorists caught in Saudi Arabia are sent Read more:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Sounds a lot like arranged marriages.
    Arranged mariages are not all bad. My parents and those of many of the Indians here are all married via arranged marriages.

I know you mean well, but this meat market has no similarities to arranged marriages.

For one, our are more often than not for keeps. And we get just one shot at a lifetime of weeded bliss.

Not 4 takes, with the safety net of talaq talaq talaq when you get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      On a side note, is there any money back guarantee if one is not satisfied with goods purchased?
      No money back, but divorce can be rather swift and easy. All the man has to do is say "I divorce you" three times to his wife in front of witnesses.

Very few Muslim men will marry a divorcÚ, because she is considered "damaged goods".
      sigpic

Comment

I'm sure quite a few will find something good in this islamic practices Credit should be given when due.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
          This is how every country ought to treat their war veterans! They should learn a thing or two from the Saudis!
          These terrorists are their esteemed war veterans? They get set up in a charmed life when they are returned to "their sponsoring country"?

If they treat terrorists like this, there appears to be quite an incentive to be one of those. Commit acts of terror, then go to SA to collect the rewards...

Why doesn't Saudi Arabia get to feel the weight of being a combatant - the enemy in the Global War on Terror?
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            Why doesn't Saudi Arabia get to feel the weight of being a combatant - the enemy in the Global War on Terror?
            Sir from the outside most of us assumed its because of the protection and umbrella of your country.

Comment

I am kinda sick by the unfair treatment that the Saudis hand out. They treat foreigners very very poorly and yet lash all these luxuries on these Saudi prisoners. I am going to call for what it is. Saudis are the most racist people in the world.

Comment

The House of Saud deals with its enemies as ruthlessly as any other monarch but this prison says a lot. It is for those with families of influence and wealth. The House of Saud cannot anger these families and invite a civil war that they have no chance of winning, especially if backed by a foreign power, ie Iran. The rich daddy's boy get to come to one of these to change his ways, paid for by daddy.

The low lone Saudi foot soldier believing in the cause gets to goto chop-chop square.

What this prison says is that the big powerful families are turing against the House of Sauds.

Comment

This article was originally published in 2008 and chronicles the journey of Khalid Al Hubayshi from jihad with Osama bin Laden in Tora Bora, to imprisonment in Gitmo, and then repatriation to Saudi Arabia in 2006. He was one of the first to graduate from the rehabilitation program in Riyadh outlined in the OP. Interesting reading. The article itself has since been archived, but it can be accessed at the WebCite link below.

WebCite query result

I will add that recently, a similar facility has opened in Jeddah where Al-Hubayshi contributes as a volunteer counselor.
                  sigpic

Comment

reminds me of pablo escobar jail, build for him, by him.
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                      No money back, but divorce can be rather swift and easy. All the man has to do is say "I divorce you" three times to his wife in front of witnesses.

Very few Muslim men will marry a divorcÚ, because she is considered "damaged goods".
                      My ex-wife actually asked me to divorce her, and I paid her her bridal wealth on divorce as agreed. It was stated at our marriage that it was payable when she requested it or upon divorce.

Comment

You got off cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          You got off cheap.
                          There are some advantages to Islamic marriages.

Comment

Working...
                          X