Best statehood solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best statehood solution?

I'd like to get some opinions on what members think is the best solution for Palestinian statehood.

1) An independent Palestine based on the current borders.

2) Exchange of Arab and Jewish-majority territories between Israel and an independent Palestine.

3) A binational state, a confederation, akin to Switzerland.
    West Bank and Gaza independent as-is
    27.66%
    Territory swap between Israel and West Bank
    36.17%
    Bi-national state
    36.17%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Definitely bi-national. I know that it will never happen but if somehow we could swamp their entire water supply with prozac for the next 150 years
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Kill all the palestinians.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post

Problem solved.
        and how do u suggest one does that

Though I don't sympathise an inch with the Palestinians I still believe they have every right to live as u and I do.

Otherwise what would be the difference between them and us.??

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post

Problem solved.
          I hope you're joking
          Last edited by Goatboy; 16 Oct 06,, 00:19.

Comment

I'm with Snipe on this one. Wasting 'em is the only solution that's going to really work. Of course that's completely unacceptable to the majority of folks so something else will be tried. In the end some horrible terror-istan will grow/expand there and tens of thousands of them will die anyway, but not before they kill a lot of innocents first.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post
              and how do u suggest one does that

Though I don't sympathise an inch with the Palestinians I still believe they have every right to live as u and I do.

Otherwise what would be the difference between them and us.??
              Well it sounds like you do sympathize with the Palestinians :) If you didn't then why would you believe they have "every right to live as u and I do"? I sympathize with Israel, historically, and today. But I also sympathize with suffering in Palestine, and I DO NOT make each and every member of a particular ethnicity, religion, skin color, language, etc, guilty by reason of association. I'm mad at individuals, certain governments, certain groups etc.

Comment

ah yes,

the good old "kill 'em all" solution.

how shall we do it? nukes, napalm, chems, biologicals, carpet-bombing with conventional explosives? or shall we do it in a more efficient manner? concentration camps, you know, a bullet in the back of the head, or trucks, or bath-houses?

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  I'm with Snipe on this one. Wasting 'em is the only solution that's going to really work. Of course that's completely unacceptable to the majority of folks so something else will be tried. In the end some horrible terror-istan will grow/expand there and tens of thousands of them will die anyway, but not before they kill a lot of innocents first.

-dale
                  That's a disgusting idea. I can't believe I'm reading this. KILLING all 5 million Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza strip? Are you nuts?

Why stop there? Why not exterminate everyone in Jordan? 1/3 of them are Palestinian. What about Egypt?

I can't believe you're advocating a "reverse Holocaust", which calls for 5 million Palestinians to be murdered. How would you go about this insidious task? Zyklon B is effective, maybe we could feed them one by one into thousands of wood chippers?

P.S. perhaps you're merely bringing up the extermination issue to make a hypothetical point -- that the solution to Israels problem is "extermination of the Palestinians", but that you would denounce such atrocities. If so, it could have been a little clearer, but if that's the case then I apologize for my vehement denunciation. I guess I'd wanted some clarification on this issue is all.
                  Last edited by Goatboy; 16 Oct 06,, 05:31.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    ah yes,

how shall we do it? nukes, napalm, chems, biologicals, carpet-bombing with conventional explosives? or shall we do it in a more efficient manner? concentration camps, you know, a bullet in the back of the head, or trucks, or bath-houses?

I had better assume he meant it tongue in cheek lol. Otherwise, "Houston we have a problem".

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                      ah yes,

Genghis Khan, Tammerlane, Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar. It has worked.

Comment

Col yu,

i'm not doubting the efficacy of mass-slaughter. i'm doubting its morality. we're not in a state of total war with the palestinians.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Genghis Khan, Tammerlane, Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar. It has worked.
                          Yes and it worked for various assorted Dictators in the 20th century too. I'm confused, do you advocate such a policy? or are you simply making a point that certain problems "can be solved" with such a policy (but nevertheless take a firm stand against such extermination policies).

Comment

That is a sick joke, Astralis, which I'm sure you know. The Chinese looked back to Mao with fondness, tried to claim old Genghis as their own, the West proclaim Caesar and Alexander responsible for spreading Greco-Roman civilization, Hamarabi was remembered for his Code, Stalin is worshiped as a hero.

The only thing I can say about all this is that those who pretends to be butchers have no idea what real butchers are.

Comment

ah, roger that. i'm afraid my humor-sensor is out of maintenance after the likes of the afghanistan-pot threads here and on CDF.

Comment

Working...
                              X