• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tankie, I have the source for you.

EEOC Sues Star Transport, Inc. for Religious Discrimination

Comment

Originally posted by Arem52 View Post
      Cheers , omon on post 2 beat ya to it ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        Z, yup, that is right.

President Obama sits in the Oval Office all day plotting to deport this family.

Yup. Sure.
        hes the boss, the commander. His policy goals drive what those under him do. This is not jsut one family but multiple other cases of him trying to nibble in on religious freedom.

Let me ask this question....what was the family's imiigration status? On what kind of visa did they enter the US.
        They were granted refugee status because they fled Germany to avoid religious persecution, in 2010 they were granted Asylum. A review over turned this judgment.

And the immigration courts followed established law and precedent.
        That is not at all clear that they did so. Why this family was ever challenged has not been answered. Homeschooling is a fundamental right in this country. Wisconsin v. Yoder, 406 U.S. 205 (1972), Runyon v. McCrary, 427 U.S. 160 (1976) and Pierce v. Society of Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, 268 U.S. 510 (1925)

And at the end Homeland Security declines to deport them.
        public pressure

Let's make sure we tell the entire story here.
        so tell it- came ove rin 08 to avoid prosecution in Gemrnay for not sending their kids to secular state run schools. granted asylum in 2010 but they was later over turned by the Obama administration saying they did not in fact face discrimination in Germany. I guess fines, jail and a loss of custody is not discrimination. The Obama administration noted that Germany is seeking to create “an open, pluralistic society.”

Think about that, because Germany had a goal, the Obama Admin tough it was OK to violate a fundamental right.

So, what if the family was Turkish from Germany and wanted to home school their kids in Sharia law?

What's you opinion then?
        Really AR? race baiting? I thought you were better than that. Since apparently you're not, look up at my earlier answer- fundamental right. Amish, German, Turkish, Pasterian, agnostic... doesn't matter when its a fundamental right.

Comment

Z,

Can you please provide more info about what kind of discrimination the German family was facing back home?

Was the prosecution they were facing based on their religion or the law is the same even for atheists? I have hard time imagining systematic discrimination in today's Germany.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Z,

Can you please provide more info about what kind of discrimination the German family was facing back home?

Was the prosecution they were facing based on their religion or the law is the same even for atheists? I have hard time imagining systematic discrimination in today's Germany.
            Its compulsory in Germany that kids go to state school not religious of home school. Whether this affects atheists I don't know, bit it does affect Christians. The family in the US is not the first and won't be the last. More importantly from a legal aspect- denial of a fundamental right base don personal belief is persecution and grounds for asylum. The Obama administration is arguing the opposite of this standing US refugee policy on its head.

Comment

I don't follow. The Germans states made it mandatory for everyone to go to public schools (here I guess it is registered educational organizations). How is this a discrimination? I think I just made myself a way trough into USA under asylum seeker.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                I don't follow. The Germans states made it mandatory for everyone to go to public schools (here I guess it is registered educational organizations). How is this a discrimination? I think I just made myself a way trough into USA under asylum seeker.
                In the US the parent has a fundamental right to educate their children how they want as long as the basics are covered. Religious, homeschooling and number of various varieties of schooling. In Germany a parent can be sent to prison for raising their kids in a homeschool.

Comment

I understood the concept. It's the same here. (as in Germany).

Comment

Working...
                  X