Canadian Navy and Airforce to be royall renamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Navy and Airforce to be royall renamed

In 1968 the Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Canadian Airforce was disbanded, and unified with the army as the Canadian Forces.

Tomorrow the Navy and the Airforce will be renamed! Hear is the CBC article.

Navy and air force to be royally renamed - Canada - CBC News

I guess I voted for the right party.... hopefully the Harper govt. keeps giving national defence a top priority.

Comment

I heartily approve....my family has relatrives in Nova Scotia who were RCN for almost 50 years...I am sure they are lifting a jar.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Doesn't change the fact that we still call each other a bunch of bellycrawlers, birdbrains, and boat people.

Comment

Yeah, but just think about how much this is going to cost to redo all the stationary and other official stuff
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Just new ones. Maritime Command and Air Command still exist as HQs.

Comment

OoE, nothing with hockey in the name?
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The Royals is a Boston Bruin farm team.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Doesn't change the fact that we still call each other a bunch of bellycrawlers, birdbrains, and boat people.
                  But now you can call each other "Royal birdbrains," Royal boat people," and ... "bellycrawlers."
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    But now you can call each other "Royal birdbrains," Royal boat people," and ... "bellycrawlers."
                    This made my evening!

Comment

Time to call back SWSNBN?
                      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

She's been made an Officer in the Order of Canada for her fine work in the US.

Comment

I say you'll be fine
                          sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            She's been made an Officer in the Order of Canada for her fine work in the US.
                            Are you kidding me? She is an officer?
                            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

sometime...anytime now...someone will post a PS pic of SWSNBN in dress whites...
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X