Canada's youth vs. Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's youth vs. Bush

I’ve never started a thread so I hope this is in the right place as well as it being appropriate.

As many of you know, Bush is coming to Canada to make a speech on Tuesday. Well, many of the students I attend school with think it would be a great idea to go and protest, not only this but to smoke a joint while doing so. They want to do a kind of “Fill the Hill” thing like they do on 4 /20. Personally I find this a stupid excuse to smoke pot and also find it quite rude, if you don’t like the guy then don’t go... or protest in a peaceful way but don’t embarrass our country and portray the image that our youth is obsessed with the idea of protesting with the use of illegal narcotics. But I was wondering how you feel?

Originally posted by Lambert
    I’ve never started a thread so I hope this is in the right place as well as it being appropriate.

As many of you know, Bush is coming to Canada to make a speech on Tuesday. Well, many of the students I attend school with think it would be a great idea to go and protest, not only this but to smoke a joint while doing so. They want to do a kind of “Fill the Hill” thing like they do on 4 /20. Personally I find this a stupid excuse to smoke pot and also find it quite rude, if you don’t like the guy then don’t go... or protest in a peaceful way but don’t embarrass our country and portray the image that our youth is obsessed with the idea of protesting with the use of illegal narcotics. But I was wondering how you feel?
    I've served this country to give them the exact right to get arrested for stupidity.

Comment

I have a diagnosis. Bush Derangement Syndrome

Comment

When you tink about it, these kids are our future leaders...

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          I've served this country to give them the exact right to get arrested for stupidity.
          LOL

maybe they'll even learn something useful from it, like don't mess with the police
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

When you tink about it, these kids are our future leaders...
            Yeah but most will grow out of it, adults do the same crap and they have no hope of growing up.

Comment

I heard the kiddies were planning that. Doubt they'll actually get to group on the Hill though. We'll see as the day goes on.

(oh, and thanks, OoE, for securing such rights for us) :)
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
              and expecting a different result.
              Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                LOL

maybe they'll even learn something useful from it, like don't mess with the police
                I doubt it.
                "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Sillyness... Who would respect their message?
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                    Sillyness... Who would respect their message?
                    I can think of few people.

Comment

It turns out protests were smaller than expected. At its peak, there were no more than 5000 protestors near Parliament Hill, all peaceful. With Martin ordering his Liberals to keep their mouths shut, Carolyn Parrish kicked out of the party, and the NDP noticing the negative backlash from Canadians towards the anti-American remarks of Parrish, it seems Bush should actually have a peaceful visit.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                        It turns out protests were smaller than expected. At its peak, there were no more than 5000 protestors near Parliament Hill, all peaceful. With Martin ordering his Liberals to keep their mouths shut, Carolyn Parrish kicked out of the party, and the NDP noticing the negative backlash from Canadians towards the anti-American remarks of Parrish, it seems Bush should actually have a peaceful visit.
                        Ahh.. it's still disappointing that they had to pull in riot swat and use tear gas. In my opinion i don't find that peaceful, but it may well be One of the more peaceful ones. :)

Comment

oh I actually didn't hear about that. You're right, that is disappointing...but still relativly peaceful lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                            oh I actually didn't hear about that. You're right, that is disappointing...but still relativly peaceful lol
                            Relative to what??? :)
                            "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

"On Tuesday, Bush dismissed concerns about strained ties between the United States and Canada, thanking those Canadians who turned out to wave "with all five fingers" during his first official visit." LOL Maybe relative to getting the finger by some.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americ...ada/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X