Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strongest military power in south america??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strongest military power in south america??

brazil??

i could be wrong.

Probably Brazil.... I don't know how powerful Argentina is anymore.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
      Probably Brazil.... I don't know how powerful Argentina is anymore.
      Brazil, I think they have an aircraft carrier

Comment

The Brazilian carrier was retired i believe.

Comment

Which south America countries have AWACS?

Comment

None of them.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              None of them.
              Yes, Brazil have both, a AWACS aircraft EMB-145 ASW (developed in Brazil):

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=14877

and the Brazilian Navy have the aircraft carrier Sao Paulo

http://www.geocities.com/lucktam/awa...raer145ASWAEW/

operating A-4 Skyhawks.

And the Brazilian airforce is completing the process to acquire 12 new Shukoi Su-35 or Mirage 2000 to complete the force together with his AMX home made atack jet fighter, modernized F-5 and Super Tucano Close air suport/atack fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by vympel missile
                and the Brazilian Navy have the aircraft carrier Sao Paulo
                Former french old "Foch", bought in 2001

Comment

"Which south America countries have AWACS?"

Chile.

The FACH uses one Phalcon AWACs.
                  To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

i think Chile has the best military of all those countries. They have a good amount of tanks compared to other countries (in numbers and models). They are also getting scorpene sub, frigate. Their infantry is probaly the best equiped and trained + they have the economy to keep up a war for a long time. And also Chile has very good allies unlike Peru or Argentina .

Comment

Originally posted by Yanez
                      i think Chile has the best military of all those countries.
                      Yes I agree
                      USMC-- United States Marine Corps

Comment

Venezuela bought 50 Mig 29's from Russia. Any insight on their military? Is highly important b/c #3 petrol importer 2 US, + Chavez is doin to Communist dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                          Venezuela bought 50 Mig 29's from Russia. Any insight on their military? Is highly important b/c #3 petrol importer 2 US, + Chavez is doin to Communist dance.
                          what is relation of Mig-29 to communism? Same logic would associate F-16 to democracy (somewhere in Iran:) ?

Comment

none. i just commented Chavez is showing communist tendencies as an ancillary statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                              none. i just commented Chavez is showing communist tendencies as an ancillary statement.
                              Chavez has nothing to do with communism. He is just a small regional radical, created by US and their stupid politics in LatAm. If you noticed he advertises everywhere that he hates US and gets a lot of support for that. His opponents are businessman who are associated with US and because of that they lose votes.....

why so many people from so many LatAm countries are not happy with US and even US tourists bringing them cash? May be for same reason why Polish still hate Russians..... Russians meddled too much into Polish life in the last 50 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X