Good God, American military academia falling for BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good God, American military academia falling for BS

Read two articles lately, one from FAS and the other from a US Army magazine Parameters

http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usawc/p...inter/kane.htm

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/...ne/sandsja.pdf

Analysts estimate that launch crews would have required two hours to prepare early models of the DF-5 for launch. This made the DF-5 vulnerable to a first strike by enemy missiles. The PRC compensated for this vulnerability by concealing its missiles in mountains, beneath forest canopies, and underground.43 Some of the tunnel complexes housing Chinese ICBM sites extended for thousands of kilometers. Beijing also constructed many dummy missile sites to divert attention from the real ones.
    The point I am arguing against is the tunnels of thousands of kilometres in length.

There's a main contention about the actual number of Chinese ICBMs that can hit the US. Number range from 15-20 (IISS) to 60 (JDW) from Western sources to 2000 (Apple Daily - a Hong Kong Newspaper).

Each use various means to estimate the number of ICBMs from historical launches to uranium/plutonium production.

I concede that the PLA's Second Artillery Corp should have 10,000 nukes based upon POSSIBLE production of materials alone, However, other things lead me to believe the number is no more than 500 nukes and 20 ICBMs at most that can hit the US.

I based my estimation upon garbage. An ICBM regt (4 missiles) would require support (ie human occupancy) and human beings generate garbage and I have not seen the amount of garbage generated that would suggest above the numbers I've believed.

HOWEVER, my opposition points to the Great Wall project in which they suggest the Chinese have built a tunnel system thousands of kms long to hide men, missiles and garbage.

I've stated that this is complete bullshit. Such an engineering project would be on par with the Suez Canel, the Three Gorges Dam, and even the Great Wall itself. The amount of dirt and escavation would be impossible to hide and most certainly the sewage and the garbage generated by the construction workers would be very noticeable.

It would seemed that American military academia should have known better took the Chinese at their word.

I give this to you, Gentlemen, when you faced with smug faced pro-PLA fanatics that raised these and other academia papers as proof of Chinese superiority.

BTW, the PLA and 2AC has NEVER admitted to their actual nuke numbers nor to any of their projects.

I would also like to point out that during the Cold War, the Soivets and us knew each and every nuke drill they and we took. Not that we invited each other but we've practised so often to get everything down pat that it was impossible not for the other side to noticed.

The pro-Chinese guys would have you believe that the 2AC are on par with us in training and technique without us noticing their training.

I leave the logic up to you gents.
Working...
X