U.S. Response to Russia's Invasion of Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
    The above is truly sad. Putin's only hope of victory now seems to lie in simply holding out till the 24 election and hoping/helping? the Republicans win.
    They know what their efforts in 2016 were able to spawn. They succeeded beyond their wildest imaginations. They're not about to give up now, especially with their useful idiot so clearly (at the moment anyway) the frontrunner for the Republican ticket in 2024.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• The Ukrainians ain't sitting still waiting for this contigency. They're no longer crying shell hunger for their old Soviet tubes. They're still fielding more tanks than they began this war with and that's not counting NATO contributions. STUGNA-Ps are still the most numerous ATGMs in Ukrainian inventory and that's not even including the even more numerous recoilless rifles they're throwing into the fight. They're screaming for F-16s for crying out loud, not exactly the most desperate to have piece of kit to reverse battlefield fortunes. Given the two years for this possible but not predestined GOP victory, Ukrainian war industries could only continue to meet its own demands.

What they will need in the event of a Republican victory is schooling and that, the Canadians, British, Germans, and Dutch could more than provide.
      Chimo

Comment

• You forgot to mention the Aussies. There's nothing about fighting large flightless and brainless birds, sorry Russian's we don't know. Although I grant you jungles are pretty scarce on the ground in Ukraine so our expertise there might not be so useful.
        Last edited by Monash; 03 Mar 23,, 04:41.
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

You forgot to mention the Aussies. There's nothing about fighting large flightless and brainless birds, sorry Russian's we don't know. Although I grant you jungles are pretty scarce on the ground in Ukraine so our expertise there might not be so useful.
          As I recall, you lost that war.

Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Doesn't means we didn't or couldn't learn anything though does it. And besides no concessions were made by either side after the armistice. We just agreed to disagree.
            Last edited by Monash; 03 Mar 23,, 10:14.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Sure, but we got to keep the good bits.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Doesn't means we didn't or couldn't learn anything though does it. And besides no concessions were made by either side after the armistice. We just agreed to disagree.
                Between "Get off my lawn" and "I'll crap on the grass," they're shitting on your lawn.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                Sure, but we got to keep the good bits.
                There are good bits on an emu? I prefer Australian tenderloin.

Chimo

Comment

• $400 Million in Additional Assistance for Ukraine

Nov. 23, 2022 |
                  Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $400 million to meet Ukraine's critical security and defense needs. This authorization is the Biden Administration's twenty-sixth drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.

Capabilities in this package include:

• Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS);

• 150 heavy machine guns with thermal imagery sights to counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS);

• Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);

• 200 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;

• 10,000 120mm mortar rounds;

• High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs);

• 150 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);

• Over 100 light tactical vehicles;

• Over 20,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;

• Over 200 generators;

• Spare parts for 105mm Howitzers and other equipment.

With Russia's unrelenting and brutal missile and UAS attacks on Ukrainian critical energy infrastructure, additional air defense capabilities remain an urgent priority. The additional munitions for NASAMS and heavy machine guns will help Ukraine counter these urgent threats.

In total, the United States has committed more than $19.7 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration. Since 2014, the United States has committed more than $21.8 billion in security assistance to Ukraine and more than $19 billion since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked and brutal invasion on February 24.

To meet Ukraine's evolving battlefield requirements, the United States will continue to work with its Allies and partners to provide Ukraine with key capabilities.
                  _______
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

There are good bits on an emu? I prefer Australian tenderloin.
                    Emu meat is delicious. Incredibly lean, dark as beef and very yummy. If you want to know who really won the war, I can buy Emu at my local market. Emus don't eat people. People, 1: Emus, 0

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

Emu meat is delicious. Incredibly lean, dark as beef and very yummy. If you want to know who really won the war, I can buy Emu at my local market. Emus don't eat people. People, 1: Emus, 0
                      Besides we can use them as weapons, release them in Canada and watch the terror unfold!
                      Last edited by Monash; 04 Mar 23,, 09:23.

Comment

Besides we can use them as weapons, release then in Canada and watch the terror unfold!
                        Here is one at the Colonel's door step...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1200px-Dromaius_novaehollandiae_head_02.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1597593

Comment

• He'd be shocked alright. But if he didn't have his glasses on then he'd probably just ask why is his ex was bothering him after all this time.
                          Last edited by Monash; 04 Mar 23,, 01:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            Emu meat is delicious. Incredibly lean, dark as beef and very yummy.
                            Sounds tough. I assume thigh meat is tough and need to be ground with pig fat. Breast meat should be moist but I fear it would be turkey like, ie bland (North Americans drown turkey in gravy for a reason) but where is the best marbled meat?

Chimo

Comment

• Australian beef on the other hand is some of the best marbled beef on earth ... without the skyfrocket costs.
                              Chimo

Comment

Sounds tough. I assume thigh meat is tough and need to be ground with pig fat. Breast meat should be moist but I fear it would be turkey like, ie bland (North Americans drown turkey in gravy for a reason) but where is the best marbled meat?
                                Its a red meat but very low in fat so no marbling. Tastes a little like beef or venison i.e. a bit gamy but also juicy. Nice when accompanied by a sweet jus.

(And now I'm making myself hungry.)

Comment

Working...
                                X