2014 Peshawar school attack: 141 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders - The Week

Thanks partly to exaggerated fears about India, Pakistan has built its army and its intelligence arm, the Inter-Intelligence Service (ISI), into all-powerful entities that are scarcely answerable to civilian rulers. Indeed, no Pakistani government can survive without their support. The army and ISI know it, and demand free rein over the nation's foreign and defense priorities.

Pakistan can't rid itself of Islamist terrorists without going after their ISI protectors.
    Pakistan's ties to militant groups complicate its terrorism fight - LA Times

The U.S. raid in 2011 that killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who was living near a Pakistani military academy outside Islamabad, fueled even more questions about the security establishment's covert support for extremists.

Jamaat-ud-Dawa, the political arm of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba militant organization, which was blamed for the Mumbai attack, has been prominent in recent days. Its leader, Hafiz Muhammad Saeed — who is being sought by the U.S., with a $10-million reward for information leading to his arrest — vowed on national television to take revenge on India for the Peshawar massacre.

There's reason to be skeptical of Sharif's statements because he's not the man in charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batista View Post
      Is this your view or you are under pressure for obvious reasons.
      He's stating a fact. Fool.
      Chimo

Comment

• some serious developments
        'Army, ISAF agree to take Fazlullah out in coming days'

Fazlullah was reportedly in contact with the Peshawar school attackers from Afghanistan during the assault which left 141 people, mostly school children, dead on December 16.

“Although Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif and DG ISI Rizwan Akhter have provided audio proof of attackers talking to Fazlullah during the assault, Army is currently refraining from chasing targets across the international border,” the sources said. The audio recording, handed to Afghan authorities, was in Pashto.

Further, sources said, the military leadership and Isaf agreed to target Fazlullah in a drone attack rather than a ground operation in the Nanger Har, Nooristan and Kunar areas of Afghanistan, where Fazlullah is believed to be taking sanctuary.
        http://tribune.com.pk/story/809332/a...-days-pm-told/

Comment

And how much this might affect? He can still live a normal life in "jail".

Any update when would Pakistanis arrest and prosecute Hafiz who is a designated International terrorist having 10 Million on his head?
          I don't want to mix up things,but sir even Colonel Purohit is still alive in Jail and not hanged.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
            Batista, you don't know the Colonel and have not understood his post, so please stop making a fool of yourself.
            If only......

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Sir, honestly I do feel sorry for the kids, they did nothing wrong absolutely nothing. There is no second opinion in that. What hurts is when they blamed us for providing a helping hand to them. This is when the entire nation mourned for those kids in Indian schools and everybody I talked to had the same opinion. Now comes the next shocker, they released a terrorist who IS one of the mastermind behind the 26/11 terrorist attacks. This comes in when Indian intelligence agencies have been warning us of an impending attack in our capital. How would you want us to feel about it. Blaming us for what happened is one thing and helping a terrorist who masterminded the worst act of terrorism in the Indian history is quite another. What's more they are aiding Hafiz Saeed by arranging special trains where he spreads hatred about India. Now tell me what should we do. Shouldn't we feel outraged for the 160+ lives we lost that day. Is it only blood if the Pakistani's bleed or is it only time for mourning if a casualty happens in Pakistan ? This rubbing of salt on the wounds when we showed our solidarity is just unspeakable. The Pakistani's danced on the streets when kids were killed on our side. Someone asked me yesterday how would I feel if my family was attacked. Every Indian who lost his life that day is my family no matter which religion he was from, we have issues in our family and I am not denying that but I won't let down my family in front of a stranger and I can never forgive or forget. I can sympathize but not at the cost of my family.
              Last edited by commander; 19 Dec 14,, 15:09.

Comment

• I'm not asking anything of the sort. I'm telling you to leave them be and let their emotions ride themselves out. They are in an emotional mess and nothing you say will get them out of that mess any sooner and just might make them even more hysterical.
                Chimo

Comment

• Telling it how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by barangai View Post
                    Even though a heavy price paid but i believe this will mark the end of insurgency in Pakistan
                    If you think killing them in dribs and dabs will defeat them you are making the same mistake as the UK, USSR and US. Ditto if you think this is just an insurgency. Its a blood feud and you'll have to do A LOT MORE killing to break them....

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      If you think killing them in dribs and dabs will defeat them you are making the same mistake as the UK, USSR and US. Ditto if you think this is just an insurgency. Its a blood feud and you'll have to do A LOT MORE killing to break them....
                      Sir,unlike USSR,UK or USA,we are not foreign to them.We know how to fight them.Infact many of them fighting today are the pashtuns.

From considering of Nek Muhammad wazir as Hero in my hometown(among my tribe) to considering all taliban by default as animals now is a considerable change.

Comment

Is this your view or you are under pressure for obvious reasons.
                        It is the view of everyone sensible around here. You are making a fool of yourself.
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• In the past 3 days,190 Militants are killed.

As per Ihsan dawar,Ground operation in Shawal expanded,IDP's from Shawal to be moved to either Bannu or Orakzai agency

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            People. STOP! Just stop! Let the Pakistanis have their rage. They're hurting and they're hurting bad. They're lashing out. They're blaming everyone! It is human nature. It is everybody's fault but their own. Let them grieve. Let them cry. It hurts. It hurts big time. Don't expect logic. Expect grief. Expect anger. Expect blame.

They are crying. They are hurt. They want to blame everyone. Except themselves.

Let them.

They will blame themselves soon enough and that is when another hurt is coming.
                            Col.

Would like to clarify something. At this time it is perfectly acceptable for ordinary Pakistanis like Neo, Barangai, AM and others to go on a rage and blame everyone else. I get that.

That is actually not what is happening. Some deep state actors like Hamid Gul are making cold and calculated attempts to lessen the blame on the Taliban, who they sympathize with. They know they are fighting a tide of opinion against the Taliban, hence they are appearing on multiple media outlets to spread their desired message. That is what worries and angers me.

Ordinary Pakistanis are susceptible to that message of calculated hate.

Also, I for one, do not see any great complicity in Lakhvi's bail. I think the GoP has taken the right step to detain him and try to quash the bail. India needs to be patient with Pakistan at this point. Ordinary Pakistanis have shown some greatfulness to the outpouring of sadness from India. Modi and Nawaz needs to be able to capitalize on that.
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by barangai View Post
                              From considering of Nek Muhammad wazir as Hero in my hometown(among my tribe) to considering all taliban by default as animals now is a considerable change.
                              Its not the sincerity of you or your tribe or hometown etc that is in doubt, its the sincerity and seriousness of the Pakistan establishment that is questioned.

Why has nobody from the Pakistani establishment ever condemned Mullah Omar by name, denounced his claim to be an 'Emir' of Muslims and called for his arrest? Sharif is still playing games and did not go far enough when he made the remark that there would no longer be any distinction between 'good Taliban' and 'bad Taliban'. What Taliban is he talking about? The Pakistani factions or the entire fraternity that includes the original Afghan movement?

This is the moment of truth that everybody has been waiting for. Will Pakistan finally, openly, publicly condemn Mullah Omar by name? They have called on President Ghani of Afghanistan to co-operate with Pakistan against any TTP presence on their soil, but will the Pakistani establishment do the same and openly condemn Mullah Omar by name, and not this vague term of 'Taliban'?

This is the real and final test for Pakistan to prove their seriousness and sincerity. They MUST now come out publicly and denounce Mullah Omar by name. If they dont do this, they cannot and should not be taken seriously.

Afghanistan has thrown the ball in Pakistan's court now, they have publicly condemned the TTP and offered co-operation. How will Rawalpindi now respond to their request to do the same with Mullah Omar and the Haqqanis?

All it takes for the good-will to start, is for a simple, public denunciation - BY NAME - from Sharif personally against Mullah Omar. This is the test now for Pakistan, and it is a very, very important and critical test for him and the entire Pakistani establishment to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1980s View Post
                                Its not the sincerity of you or your tribe or hometown etc that is in doubt, its the sincerity and seriousness of the Pakistan establishment that is questioned.

Why has nobody from the Pakistani establishment ever condemned Mullah Omar by name, denounced his claim to be an 'Emir' of Muslims and called for his arrest? Sharif is still playing games and did not go far enough when he made the remark that there would no longer be any distinction between 'good Taliban' and 'bad Taliban'. What Taliban is he talking about? The Pakistani factions or the entire fraternity that includes the original Afghan movement?

This is the moment of truth that everybody has been waiting for. Will Pakistan finally, openly, publicly condemn Mullah Omar by name? They have called on President Ghani of Afghanistan to co-operate with Pakistan against any TTP presence on their soil, but will the Pakistani establishment do the same and openly condemn Mullah Omar by name, and not this vague term of 'Taliban'?

This is the real and final test for Pakistan to prove their seriousness and sincerity. They MUST now come out publicly and denounce Mullah Omar by name. If they dont do this, they cannot and should not be taken seriously.

Afghanistan has thrown the ball in Pakistan's court now, they have publicly condemned the TTP and offered co-operation. How will Rawalpindi now respond to their request to do the same with Mullah Omar and the Haqqanis?

All it takes for the good-will to start, is for a simple, public denunciation - BY NAME - from Sharif personally against Mullah Omar. This is the test now for Pakistan, and it is a very, very important and critical test for him and the entire Pakistani establishment to pass.
                                I agree with most of your points.And i will be even more happy when they will officially denouce Mullah omar and start operation against haqqani(i believe it has already been started).

Comment

Working...
                                X