This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
    Your inability to comprehend the nuances of an argument and distinguish between first hand reports by different individuals corroborating each other and those same individuals regurgitating Indian Military press-releases is your problem - it has no relevance to the charge of 'crying conspiracy'.
    Those journalists published investigative reports about the beheadings carried out by both sides along the LoC. Reports which you decided to selectively nitpick to use to your advantage.

In that case please pick up on my last response to the argument of 'self-defence' on this thread and refute it - your refusal to do so implies an inability to do so.

Theoretically 'might is right' is something applicable at the national level as well - in the absence of strong State institutions those with 'might' tend to get away with murder and a whole bunch more. The ability of tyrants at the national/tribal level, especially when national laws prohibit such behavior, does not make their actions acceptable. Similarly, as long as a legal framework of laws exists (which it does in the form of the UN etc.) the ability of powerful/tyrannical States to get away with violating said legal framework does not excuse their actions.

Now, were there no international legal framework governing, for example, military strikes by one nation in/on another, then your argument would have merit, but since an international legal framework does exist, and the US has itself implicitly accepted this legal framework in attempting to justify the legality of its drone strikes in Pakistan, your argument has no merit.

Certainly, but the question is whether you find that kind of anarchic behavior acceptable or not - I certainly don't find it acceptable at the local, national or international level.

Not interested in bashing my head against the wall anymore, so just in few simple words: You have a problem with drones bombing your country, we have a problem with terrorists coming out of your country and attacking us. As long as cross-border insurgents/terrorists flourish in Pakistan, so too will drone strikes. You can argue about the technicalities all you want, but not many care. You don't find it acceptable, than ask your government to carry out it's responsibility over it's territory, and enforce your borders.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• I repeat, most non-terrorist-sympathizer Pakistanis do not have a problem with drones killing Pakistanis. Pakistanis are killing way more Pakistanis daily and no one seems to bother. Honestly if you take a poll, a normal Pakistani is way more bothered about non existent electricity and the multiple bomb blasts hitting their local populac daily, than the few miniscule guys bumped off by the drones.

What Pakistan does have a problem with is entitlement syndrome. A syndrome where one feels entitled to aid and help from its benefactors for all time without having to pay a price or be accountable. It is almost as if it is rude on the part of the Americans to finally open their eyes and see the light and Pakistan be asked to pay.

At least that is how I see it when I manage to tear myself away from more profitable pastures like oggling well stacked chicks .

Comment

• Just patrol the damned skies and I will guarrantee you that the drones will stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          Just patrol the damned skies and I will guarrantee you that the drones will stop.
          Aeroplanes do not run on gas.

That Pakistan has a lot of, and will soon be getting more.

Comment

• Fine. Just pain the skies with radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
              There are no US drones flying over Israel butthead. Today in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem...
              Apparently inane name-calling passes for intellect in your neck of the woods ... but ignoring that for the moment, the whole point is that the 'US drones flying over Pakistan' are blatant violations of international law - their absence over 'Israel' only means that the US is not violating international law and playing the thug in Israel (since Israel itself is a criminal and apartheid State), and not that her actions in Pakistan are justified.
              Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
              https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Fine. Just pain the skies with radar.
                Sir they are terrified and messing their pants. The plain unvarnished truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                  Why are you stuck on drones?
                  Have you read the thread title oh perceptive one?
                  Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah

Comment

• Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                    Honestly if you take a poll, a normal Pakistani is way more bothered about non existent electricity and the multiple bomb blasts hitting their local populac daily, than the few miniscule guys bumped off by the drones.
                    So, if I understand you correctly, you want me to talk about the lack of basic infrastructure in Pakistan on a thread discussing the international legality of US drone strikes?

Comment

So, if I understand you correctly, you want me to talk about the lack of basic infrastructure in Pakistan on a thread discussing the international legality of US drone strikes?
                      I am pointing out to the goras here what your basic pproblem is. Since no one knows you better than us.

You may try and talk like a gora, but you are a Pakistani only right? Therefore you are open book to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                        Those journalists published investigative reports about the beheadings carried out by both sides along the LoC. Reports which you decided to selectively nitpick to use to your advantage.
                        Please point out to me where exactly those three Indian journalists published reports on atrocities by the Pakistani Army that they witnessed first hand and/or interviewed Pakistani troops bragging about said atrocities first hand?

Not interested in bashing my head against the wall anymore, so just in few simple words: You have a problem with drones bombing your country, we have a problem with terrorists coming out of your country and attacking us. As long as cross-border insurgents/terrorists flourish in Pakistan, so too will drone strikes. You can argue about the technicalities all you want, but not many care. You don't find it acceptable, than ask your government to carry out it's responsibility over it's territory, and enforce your borders.
                        The above is called 'quitting' which was pretty much expected given the content and tenor of your replies on this thread.

I'll be more than happy to take up your rebuttals if you change your mind later .. :D

Comment

I am pointing out to the goras here what your basic pproblem is. Since no one knows you better than us.

You may try and talk like a gora, but you are a Pakistani only right? Therefore you are open book to us.
                          I didn't know being an Indian gave you special powers to read a Pakistani's mind - wow!

You are, perhaps unintentionally, belittling 'gora's' (translation: White people) by suggesting that they don't realize Pakistan's governance, economic and development issues. These have been covered extensively in the Western media.

Comment

• Considering you came from our womb, I guess that pretty makes us experts on you, yes.

I am not belittling goras. They would be first to agree that they misjudged you totally all these decades.

Now they see you guys for what you have always been.

Comment

Considering you came from our womb, I guess that pretty makes us experts on you, yes.
                              You are wrong on both counts ...
                              I am not belittling goras. They would be first to agree that they misjudged you totally all these decades.
                              Now they see you guys for what you have always been
                              I don't see any significant change in policy to support your claims.

Comment

You are wrong on both counts ...
                                If the board is ok, I will appoint myself as the brown man's shrink full time. Well part time. Many Israeli chicks still to oggle.

I don't see any significant change in policy to support your claims.
                                I do not see F16s and cosy hugs between secretaries of state and glib foreign ministers either.

Comment

Working...
                                X