Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Indians, want some no questions asked yellowcake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by payeng View Post
    I think research on nuclear technology was not much of a secret, while testing the device could be considered, few days back I remember reading an article which states that the Gadaffi regime had requested India to let them know the nuclear know how, but was disappointed apparently.
    Yo, are you there on xbhp too (on the KTM Duke 200 thread - just saw the same ID) ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton Mouth View Post
      VS doc - well, its nice to use boombastik langauge and philosophize with due attention & respect to nixon and Indira Gandhi; what I percieve OR rather what you "come across" as is someone who has missed the "meat of the matter" and its just another dose of your shallow opinion....
      Buddhi I know its you man .... you as always are a transparent open book puppy! :)
      Last edited by vsdoc; 15 Dec 11,, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by vsdoc View Post
        Since when have Britain and the US been Indian allies?

Since when has India looked to Britain and the US for protection?

Our closest ally to date has been the USSR/Russia. And even from them we never received any direct shooting support in any of the wars we have fought.

We are just grateful that their subs made their presence known.

Nixon's balls = "Property of Mrs. Indira Gandhi"
        Because the reason for this thread is a continuation of this thread where people seem outraged at the notion that the US might not help Britain in a possible replay of the Falklands conflict.
        Correct me if I'm wrong but India fought alongside the Allies in both those conflicts in a number of theatres. Surely Britain and America owed India to stand by her in the conflict with China? Certainly India requested 12 squadrons of fighter jets, a request that was refused.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          Because the reason for this thread is a continuation of this thread where people seem outraged at the notion that the US might not help Britain in a possible replay of the Falklands conflict.
          Correct me if I'm wrong but India fought alongside the Allies in both those conflicts in a number of theatres. Surely Britain and America owed India to stand by her in the conflict with China? Certainly India requested 12 squadrons of fighter jets, a request that was refused.
          India never fought alongside the allies. British India did. There is a world of difference.

Also, India is likened to an elephant. Lumbering, slow to anger, but with a long memory.

What goes around comes around. So it is ordained.

Comment

Buddhi I know its you man .... you as always are a transparent open book puppy! :)
            Budda - Can we close this thread over "kaccha" at Cawas ?:)

Comment

India never fought alongside the allies. British India did. There is a world of difference.

Also, India is likened to an elephant. Lumbering, slow to anger, but with a long memory.

What goes around comes around. So it is ordained.
              Congratulations on completely missing the point
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

During the 62 war India might have asked assistance from like minded nations to stop the aggression of the PLA upon India, Soviet was not much in the picture during that time, but as far as we were aware of, during the 71 war the 7th fleet was mobilised towards Indian ocean where Soviet came into rescue and resulting in close terms with the Soviets, though latest release indicates that if PRC would have jumped into 71 war America would have assisted the Indian side and cause, but not necessarily either side of the military power bloc India was an Ally, India never had send troops for a Soviet cause or an US cause or ever permitted stationing of foreign troops or to establish such military base in the nation otherwise, the cause of Non Alignment was for the reason of development staying outside the sphere of cold war politics, When the East India company left India poor and under developed, the core concern was the development of the nation and not to be a part of any power bloc for a cause of international politics (the cold war)
                and waste it on military intentions.
                Last edited by payeng; 15 Dec 11,, 11:08.

Comment

In 1962, India was on nobody's radar. Nehru had kept us pretty much isolated and hence India had no hopes of any serious militrary assistance from any of the powers, otherwise it would have got sucked into one block or the other. Also, militarily 1962 was a must have, for the awakeing of India.

Must say thanks to the Chinese. ;)
                  sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

So why didn't Britain and the US assist India in the Sino-Indian War?
                    They both did assist us by sending over armaments immediately after hostilities commenced. A very helpful gesture that we are grateful for.

Comment

A good read into the politics during the 1962 Debacle.

The Politics Of Anglo-American Aid To Nonaligned India, 1962 by Tracy Lee Steele | Institute of Historical Research
                      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton Mouth View Post
                        Budda - Can we close this thread over "kaccha" at Cawas ?:)
                        Welcome to the WAB. Please introduce yourself on the introduction thread located here http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...on-thread.html
                        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiegunner View Post
                          We have an OTH radar network which can apparently detect missile launches at great distance into Asia, so at least some of the CC costs may have been met. The only nuclear state we have a potential problem with is China. France, India and Russian have no mor reason to target us than the US.
                          And why would China care enough about Australia to nuke it or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                            And why would China care enough about Australia to nuke it or whatever?
                            Maybe he is referring to the fact that their are no permanent friends nor enemies in international diplomacy.
                            Last edited by payeng; 15 Dec 11,, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              Why is it important the satellite to be shot down from sea?

I can recall in the last few years Chinese shot down their own satellite more then once - from mainland.
                              To prove the Aegis system could not only handle it and probably also so the satellite came down in the ocean instead of making landfall while it still had fuel which is poisonous.
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I believe this thread have served its time, neither India would buy any yellow from a black market, nor she should Proliferate missile as per records and the fact that Oz don't have any threat from the Communist in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                                X