No announcement yet.

Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US drone strike in Pak: Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so happy that he was killed. All credits to Obama's office I have to say . If it's not Hillary's tough talk Pakistan would still be saying " Ilyas Kashmiri ??? He is in the hills of Afganistan !!! ".. But what worries me is the following statement by 'Brigade 313'

On behalf of Harkat Jihad alIslami 313 Brigade we confirm the fact that our leader and Commander-in-chief Mohammad Ilyas Kashmiri, along with other companions, have been martyred in an American drone attack at 11:15 pm on June 3, 2011 and Insha Allah (God willing) the present pharaoh America will see our full revenge very soon. Our only target is America.

Spokesperson
    (Harkat Jihad alIslami) 313 Brigade
    Abu Hunzala
    Last edited by commander; 05 Jun 11,, 18:57.

Comment

commander Reply

"...But what worries me is the following statement by 'Brigade 313'..."

What's changed beside his death such that we weren't a target anyway? There's no lack of blood-thirsty islamic extremists out there. There may be a growing shortage of really brilliant and capable types though.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
        What's changed beside his death such that we weren't a target anyway? There's no lack of blood-thirsty islamic extremists out there. There may be a growing shortage of really brilliant and capable types though.
        I agree completely sir,

What I meant to say is I am worried about the possibility of INCREASED attacks against the US and her allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumku View Post
          Post Operation Nepture Spear, US it seems has done some serious back channel dialogue with powers-that be within Pakistan's Administration and this seems to be a direct result of that

Capture Kashmiri, Mullah Omar by July: US warns Pak
          A warning indicates a penalty for lack of compliance. What would that penalty be ?

Its not clear from this TOI article from whom this warning has come from, if indeed it even was issued in the first place. Would need to coroborate this with more sources.

In any case we've less than a month to go before said penalty is applied. If nothing happens that means no warning was ever issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinod2070 View Post
            Owe one to the guy who pressed the button while drinking his caffe latte.

Hope this guy is RIH with all his other mates and is soon joined by other scum like Hafiz Saeed, Dawood, Masood et al.

This buger was rewarded by Musharraf when he took the head of an Indian soldier back after a raid.

IIyas Kashmiri one of most dreaded terrorists to step out of J&K - The Times of India

And Musharraf is the ultimate moderate face of Pakistan!

We know what we are dealing with. Some others will catch up in good time.
            Share the same sentiment, however there is no gaurantee that this news is true. You may find the same guy droned or captured in Abotabad type operation, if you go by past history of ISI :)

Comment

US: Top Al Qaeda Operative Killed by Drone Strike

Updated: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 8:09 PM CDT
              Published : Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 8:09 PM CDT

(NewsCore) - A top al Qaeda terrorist who was a central planner in the 2008 Mumbai attacks was killed in Pakistan last month by a US drone strike, an American official confirmed late Wednesday.

Reports about Mohammad Ilyas Kashmiri's death had been swirling for more than a month following a June 3 drone attack on a village near Wana, the capital of South Waziristan, a tribal region on the Afghan border.
              It's confirmed apparently, CNN is also reporting it.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Man these top Al Qaeda terrorists are like cockroaches, frustratingly hard to kill but infinitely satisfying when you do manage to bring your heel down and squish the slippery buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedz View Post
                  Man these top Al Qaeda terrorists are like cockroaches, frustratingly hard to kill but infinitely satisfying when you do manage to bring your heel down and squish the slippery buggers.
                  Unfortunately they breed like cockroaches, too. Maybe it's time to fumigate the house rather than squishing them one by one?

Comment

Ilyas Kashmiri still alive, claim sources:
                    Ilyas Kashmiri still alive, claim sources | Latest-News | DAWN.COM

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                      "...But what worries me is the following statement by 'Brigade 313'..."

Concur 100%.

Our experience in Kashmir too says, they may pass on their escapedes to the new generation, but the new guys seldom display the same level of expertise. Hope with time they realise the futility of waging war based on religious fervour and the irresponsible bloodletting, that their elders indulged in. Son-after-father-after-son-after-father kind of vengeance will never let their society to inculcate any semblance of culture or civilization. As Gandhi once said, "An eye for an eye will turn the entire humanity blind."

And here I must say, that when we kill those ******s, we don't do so seeking vengeance, we kill so as to ensure that they don't kill any more or seek any more vengeance.
                      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

And here I must say, that when we kill those ******s, we don't do so seeking vengeance, we kill so as to ensure that they don't kill any more or seek any more vengeance.
                        Personally, I have no problems acknowledging the vengeance angle.

It is a combination of justice AND vengeance. Taking no vengeance is a noble aspiration, but unfortunately a huge percentage of humanity understands and respects it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                          Personally, I have no problems acknowledging the vengeance angle.

It is a combination of justice AND vengeance. Taking no vengeance is a noble aspiration, but unfortunately a huge percentage of humanity understands and respects it.
                          I think its demeaning for agents of the state to talk about vengeance.

I took DCL's comment to be doing his job. end of story.

Comment

Working...
                          X