Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden is dead and his corpse is in US hands.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
    From there, American officials said, the body was buried at sea.
    Now, why on earth did they do this

Why no public display of the corpse ?

Oh, OBL is dead and you have seen evidence of this !!

Have to say this took me by surprise as i've always maintained the US would NEVER get him. Too protected too valuable, etc.

If true its good news. But it means Pakistan is in an awkward position now.

Or they sold him out for a bigger prize. But we are told they knew nothing of the attack.

Comment

• I rarely delight in the death of another human, but I'm willing to make exceptions. Congratulations to all those involved from the intel guys who found the needle to the brave men who went in & took him out.

it is impossible to believe that there weren't people in the ISI at the very least who had an idea where he was. Be interesting to see how this plays out in the longer term viz US/Pakistani relations.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussiegunner View Post
        That's just pure speculation. Think about all the wanted criminals who get around in our own countries for a very long time without being captured. It would have been easier still for one man of means to live in a country of 170 million people, where most men where headgear and have a beard, without being noticed. You can "read between the lines" all you want, but the fact is that you or nobody else who only has access to material in the public domain actually knows how the intelligence leading to his assasination was obtained or whether there was any deal between the Pakistani's and the US, and we probably won't for a very long time if ever.

Edit - it seems we do know how the intelligence was collected from the article posted around the same time as this post. No mention of any deals with Pakistan, just good intelligence work. Well done.
        Of course it's a speculation.Did I said otherwise?
        I'll let you the pleasure of finding questions marks in that article .
        I find no particular reason for joy and I do have serious doubts about this bussiness.Not that I favor OBL,but because this is nothing but emotional hogwash.Greater things are at stake here.Talk again about this in a few weeks or months.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
          def.pk is in meltdown. JANA, otherwise known as Farzana Shah a half-wit journalist for the Asian Tribune is reporting OBL was killed a week ago and the body handed over to U.S. authorities. It's also being suggested the crashed chopper (destroyed) was Pakistani. They cannot imagine that we kept this on close hold since last August without their knowledge, approval and participation.

...and let the conspiracy theories begin. The claims that it is not him are already gaining credence among the sort of people inclined to believe such things. I wonder how long until they have the support on the scale of 'troofer/birther fantasies? Anyone want to lay bets on how long it takes for this to be linked to the release of the birth certificate? (I'm not risking any butter cookies, 'odds on look on' as the punters say).
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Good riddance of a piece of s***. Given that sharks are going rips his body apart, he is not going anywhere near "heaven".

I was expecting him to be found near Rawalpindi or Karachi. His compound was near PA academy and more importantly near a military hospital. It is known OBL was sick and no ordinary doctors would have treated him and allowed to live. Hence had to be a PA/ISI doctor.

The lady killed must have been a nurse.

Comment

• Rest with the fishes Osama...great day.

Comment

• Balli Bomber Umar Patek was caught from the same city Abbotabad couple of weeks back.

India has marked Attobabad having terrorist camps, many years back. Its very near to ~Azad Kashmir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  Now, why on earth did they do this
                  Why no public display of the corpse ?
                  Seriously? Aside from the whole there being no grave for pilgrims thing there's the Muslim burial rules - which mandate that "if there is a danger that the enemy will dig up the grave to take ears or nose or limbs from the body" (trophies, that is), then a burial at sea shall be preferred, using a place where no sea predators will assault the corpse and weighing it down or placing it in a clay coffin so it's assured to sink to the bottom.

Originally posted by n21 View Post
                  Given that sharks are going rips his body apart, he is not going anywhere near "heaven".
                  Doubt they used any shark-infested waters. Would be in a crass counter to the above.

Comment

• Osama Bin Laden is dead

US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks - Yahoo! News

Thats going to be quite the feather in Obama's cap when he runs again in 2012.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Woke up this morning to the news that US forces put paid to OBL and all of a sudden my Monday morning is looking considerably brighter.

Many thanks are owed to the countless men and women of our intelligence services and military forces that helped to closed the book on this piece of garbage.

Cheers!
                      Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                        Seriously? Aside from the whole there being no grave for pilgrims thing there's the Muslim burial rules - which mandate that "if there is a danger that the enemy will dig up the grave to take ears or nose or limbs from the body" (trophies, that is), then a burial at sea shall be preferred, using a place where no sea predators will assault the corpse and weighing it down or placing it in a clay coffin so it's assured to sink to the bottom.
                        Yes, seriously !

Did not ask for a public burial or marked grave.

Meant a show & tell like we had with Saddam's sons. Pictures of his corpse splashed on newspapers worldwide. Not going to happen now is it.

Now that i think about it, those pics still might appear in a day or two.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 02 May 11,, 12:46.

Comment

• A masterpiece of intelligence, a superbly coordinated special operation, a successful raid, a great victory. Cheers and congratulations to all involved at CIA and JSOC, bravo and well done. Only wish I had been there to help nail that sonofabitch. In the end it was our military that killed him, fittingly, close-up and personal with a bullet in the brain.
                          Last edited by Red Seven; 02 May 11,, 13:27.

Comment

• I think there was a lot of anger towards the US when the photos of Sadaam's sons were shown after being killed so perhaps the US don't want a repeat of that reaction.

It feels odd to celebrate a man's death (no matter who it is) but I think in this case we can make an exception, the world is a better place without him.

Now, the question is why was he 30kms from the capital of the ISI, Islamabad, and why was he 100metres from a building where ISI officials frequent? I find it very hard to believe that no one made enquiries about a heavily fortified building with barbed wire in a location where military and intelligence officials both live and work.

Comment

• what a freakin' great day. i'm torn between whether i'm glad we nailed that bastard or if only we could've strung him up slowly like he deserved.
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• The mansion Osama was in was built in 2005 and in the name of his two brothers, and built very close to ISI security services for protection. Pakistan knew he was there and was protecting him all this time. I hope we do not flow any more money to these scumbags.

Comment

Working...
                                X