Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saki Airbase in Crimea, 200+km away from the frontline, just got hammered....geezus.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1556996656079507456
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
      Saki Airbase in Crimea, 200+km away from the frontline, just got hammered....geezus.

Awesome!!!
      When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

• Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
        Hold on... former soviet aircraft refited to fire AGM-88? In such short time? Wow...
        Another example, however disconnected from this war, would Indians integrating European and Israeli munitions/avionics on Russian aircraft. I wonder if there's already an European knowledge base to undertake that type of work (unless the integration was all done in India).

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick View Post

Another example, however disconnected from this war, would Indians integrating European and Israeli munitions/avionics on Russian aircraft. I wonder if there's already an European knowledge base to undertake that type of work (unless the integration was all done in India).
          It's not just a question of avaliable knowledge (and I doubt India will share anything russian-related), it's the time to physically integrate the... stuff. Kudos to whatever tech team did it.

Comment

Saki Airbase in Crimea, 200+km away from the frontline, just got hammered....geezus.

Another two accidental ammunition storage explosions I see

EDIT: Now that's three, THREE accidental ammunition storage explosions *ah-ah-ah*
            Last edited by Red Team; 09 Aug 22,, 16:52.
            "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Team View Post

Another two accidental ammunition storage explosions I see

EDIT: Now that's three, THREE accidental ammunition storage explosions *ah-ah-ah*
              Has to be getting a bit dificult to explain this to the home crowd:
              "Yeah...more acidents..."
              "Wth, how many incompetents do we have?!"
              "Nonono we are great, the best!"
              "So it wasn't an acident?!"
              "... stfu!"

Comment

That ain't no HIMARS!!!

Very impressive continuous secondaries. Something big kept cooking off.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

• I'm tempted to say accident due to exhaustion/incomptence. No city wide lockdowns to hunt for sabateurs after the fact.
                  Chimo

Comment

• Simultaneous explosions separated by some distance is an accident? Could aviation fuel spreading everywhere prior to both areas where the twin explosions be an explanation?

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/sta...01010186534912

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      Something big kept cooking off.
                      At least in that video from the distribution and the smoke i'd say likely burning fuel tanks going up from overpressure or similar?

Comment

• No city wide lockdowns to hunt for sabateurs after the fact.
                        Russian media is saying saboteurs but I really doubt it. I can see one explosion being incompetence or saboteurs, but not two or three near-simultaneous explosions. Ukraine is hinting that they used Neptunes in ground-attack mode.

EDIT: first vid of a blasted Su-24, but likely others got caught as well:

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1557082387087081473
                        Last edited by astralis; 09 Aug 22,, 20:25.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
                          Simultaneous explosions separated by some distance is an accident? Could aviation fuel spreading everywhere prior to both areas where the twin explosions be an explanation?

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/sta...01010186534912
                          If it was a movie, a rocket would come flying out of a burning aircraft and hit a fuel dump/ammo area...

Comment

Russian media is saying saboteurs but I really doubt it. I can see one explosion being incompetence or saboteurs, but not two or three near-simultaneous explosions.
                            I see black black smoke betore the 2nd and 3rd explosion. Could be primary damage 2nd and 3rd before ignition. In any case, just trying to fit a scenario that includes all known data.

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                            Ukraine is hinting that they used Neptunes in ground-attack mode.
                            One hell of a reprograming the software to distinquish between target and surrounding clutter. In anti-ship mode, all you have to do is to distinquish between water and solids but ground targets over land? Especially when the radar isn't that fine tuned.
                            Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 09 Aug 22,, 21:45.
                            Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              One hell of a reprograming the software to distinquish between target and surrounding clutter. In anti-ship mode, all you have to do is to distinquish between water and solids but ground targets over land? Especially when the radar isn't that fine tuned.
                              Aim for a control tower or large hangar?

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                                At least in that video from the distribution and the smoke i'd say likely burning fuel tanks going up from overpressure or similar?
                                Could also be 2000 pound bombs cookig off.
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X